Sneaky wrecks

Sneaky wrecks

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

JohannesH

Sneaky wrecks

Post by JohannesH »

Wrecks disappear with los now with new engine version. This is a major gameplay change, is it wanted in BA? I guess it can be easily reverted back to old ways mod-side if that is wanted?

(also new pathing is bullshit, but i guess thats harder to change by modder)
REVENGE

Re: Sneaky wrecks

Post by REVENGE »

I vote that BA revert this behavior.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

IIRC OTA allowed you to see explosions and wrecks, even if the battle was taking place in the middle of no-man's-land with no los. Not really sure what the reasoning was, but it never really made sense to me. The one exception to the rule was dragon's teeth, which would only be visible if they were part of the map.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

Revert please.
CCBlackmilk

Post by CCBlackmilk »

JohannesH wrote:Wrecks disappear with los now with new engine version. This is a major gameplay change, is it wanted in BA? I guess it can be easily reverted back to old ways mod-side if that is wanted?

I personally requested this before, and, Im glad it's like this now.

It encourages scouting, which is sorely needed even without that little cheat/glitch.

For gods sake is it honestly that hard to send a few scouts to check out the area? Because, seeing wreckages is really unfair, and, unrealistic.

Another thing that should be removed is effects that arent in your LOS that are on the other side of the map. Not really fair, and, gives you an idea of where the battle is.

Im actually kind of dissapointed, I didnt realize so many people are reliant on knowing where everything is :P

But, on that note, once wreckages are on your LOS, it should stay there, and, it's visibility should only be refreshed if it is in your LOS again, that's the only tweak really needed. That way you can tell that there was/is wreckages there.

@Caydr: This game was like that before... :P
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

put it into game options in battleroom... it works only in ffa i think
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

CCBlackmilk wrote:But, on that note, once wreckages are on your LOS, it should stay there, and, it's visibility should only be refreshed if it is in your LOS again, that's the only tweak really needed. That way you can tell that there was/is wreckages there.
This behavior might be slightly more plausible with this change you suggested. Otherwise, do you realize how much of a pain it would be to have to re queue your reclaim orders every time you lost los of some wrecks? Because with the current change, reclaim is not feature aware outside of los.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

I would really like it if the wrecks were ghosted like buildings. Is probably doable in Lua anyway now.
So you would still know where the wrecks were when you had LOS. But you would not see when the enemy reclaims them. And you could not mouse-over a wreck to see its current metal value. You sometimes could figure out if the enemy is reclaiming when you see the metal of a wreck outide LOS is decreasing which is not ok IMO.
Petah

Post by Petah »

very_bad_soldier wrote:I would really like it if the wrecks were ghosted like buildings. Is probably doable in Lua anyway now.
So you would still know where the wrecks were when you had LOS. But you would not see when the enemy reclaims them. And you could not mouse-over a wreck to see its current metal value. You sometimes could figure out if the enemy is reclaiming when you see the metal of a wreck outide LOS is decreasing which is not ok IMO.
+1
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Just revert it, since some resourceful chap will make a ghost wrecks widget anyway.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

There already is such a thing, you just need to modify an existing one very slightly... what's it called... I think it's even included in BA.
CCBlackmilk

Post by CCBlackmilk »

Beherith wrote:Just revert it, since some resourceful chap will make a ghost wrecks widget anyway.
Sigh, Ghost Wrecks Widget is not the same as the original,

Think about it, before, you could see what's happening ANYWHERE else on the map, without seeing.

However, if it's ghosted you don't know if it's still there, therefore it's a lot more fair, and, you can't see what's going on anywhere else.

Thus, no need to revert, simply tweak it to ghost and see ghosted wrecks and reclaimable, and, I think it would turn out wonderfully.
albator

Post by albator »

CCBlackmilk wrote:
JohannesH wrote:Wrecks disappear with los now with new engine version. This is a major gameplay change, is it wanted in BA? I guess it can be easily reverted back to old ways mod-side if that is wanted?

I personally requested this before, and, Im glad it's like this now.

It encourages scouting, which is sorely needed even without that little cheat/glitch.

For gods sake is it honestly that hard to send a few scouts to check out the area? Because, seeing wreckages is really unfair, and, unrealistic.

Another thing that should be removed is effects that arent in your LOS that are on the other side of the map. Not really fair, and, gives you an idea of where the battle is.

Im actually kind of dissapointed, I didnt realize so many people are reliant on knowing where everything is :P

But, on that note, once wreckages are on your LOS, it should stay there, and, it's visibility should only be refreshed if it is in your LOS again, that's the only tweak really needed. That way you can tell that there was/is wreckages there.

@Caydr: This game was like that before... :P
If wrecks disappear with los now with new engine version, a new widget will certainly be created (like ghost building). So keep it that way is usless imo
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

It doesnt really matter if they get ghosted in the engine or by a widget IMO. In any case this change was a step in the right direction.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

CCBlackmilk wrote:
Think about it, before, you could see what's happening ANYWHERE else on the map, without seeing.
you can still do this with trees falling over and with unlevel ground being leveled out to build stuff
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

smth is wrong with pathing, my stoompah like to suicide :<
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

REVENGE wrote:do you realize how much of a pain it would be to have to re queue your reclaim orders every time you lost los of some wrecks? Because with the current change, reclaim is not feature aware outside of los.
Use fight command
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

luckywaldo7 wrote:
REVENGE wrote:do you realize how much of a pain it would be to have to re queue your reclaim orders every time you lost los of some wrecks? Because with the current change, reclaim is not feature aware outside of los.
Use fight command
Quoted for retarded... regardless of whether it works or not... I will stand up and say "NO! I WILL NOT ORDER UNITS TO FIGHT WRECKS!"
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

:D
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

lets ask Boxxy

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”