Information requests regarding SPADS configuration - Page 2

Information requests regarding SPADS configuration

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

TradeMark

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by TradeMark »

is there a ban which will autospec people, not kick them?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:is there a ban which will autospec people, not kick them?
!help ban
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

oh yeah baby, great

btw i can add same ban as many times i want, but when i unban, it will unban all with same nick... shouldnt it replace the old ban with new? would be easier, so i dont need to !unban and !ban spam the bot
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

is it possible to make it automatically change map depending on the amount of players?

like if players > 10, map = something bigger
if players < 10, map = something smaller
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

can you make !status command send current running game elapsed time in the battle window? would be much more convenient than sending useless information about players etc in PM window every time...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

how to disable !lock command from everyone else except me?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

how to manually change each player team number?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

how i can add autokick for people who suggest DSD as map?
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

TradeMark wrote:how i can add autokick for people who suggest DSD as map?
Write a bot...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

why dont you answer my questions
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:why dont you answer my questions
Because the answers to your questions are always the same. I already spent quite some time explaining you how SPADS works and I told you tons of time already where to get the information (help for commands/settings, config files headers...). With this information other autohost admins figured how to configure SPADS according to their needs, and I guess you should be able to...
TradeMark wrote:can you make !status command send current running game elapsed time in the battle window? would be much more convenient than sending useless information about players etc in PM window every time...
Thanks for the suggestion but I think !status is good as it is. Feel free to patch the code as you want though.
TradeMark wrote:how to disable !lock command from everyone else except me?
By editing the appropriate configuration file.
As I explained you already several times, if you want to customize your autohost, you should take a look at SPADS configuration files to understand how they work. They contain headers with documentation.
TradeMark wrote:how to manually change each player team number?
By disabling autoBalance and autoBlockbalance and using the appropriate force commands (I won't give you the link to the documentation a 10th time, I guess you got it already...).
TradeMark wrote:how i can add autokick for people who suggest DSD as map?
If you don't want dsd being played on your autohost, just remove it from your default map list... Or if you want exotic behaviours like this, then feel free to patch the code...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

thanks, i will read the docs then
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

TradeMark wrote:whine whine whine
omg its perl. Edit it its a really easy language for noobs...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

how to list maplists?

searched doc, didnt find.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

mapList (current map list name) is a preset setting like another one, so its current value and its allowed values for current preset can be listed with following list command: "!list settings".
If the mapList setting isn't listed, then it means there is only one mapList allowed in current preset, so you can't change it and thus it's not listed by default. If you want to list it anyway, you can use the "!list settings all" command, which will list all current settings and their allowed values, even if there is only one allowed value.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

cant you make !list maplists instead?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

[Thu Nov 5 22:07:41 2009] <TradeMark> [22:53:05] <[KoS]Zentarion> any one here that can help me with spads
[Thu Nov 5 22:07:52 2009] <TradeMark> quoting bibim: "rtfm"
I never said "rtfm", liar... What are you doing, trying to make people think I'm a rude and unhelpful person ?

Actually I helped all new SPADS administrators that contacted me in lobby or forum. And I think you're the one I helped the most with SPADS: I answered directly your first questions and also explained you how to find the answers in the doc. Then for your next questions I linked you to the exact places in the doc to find the answers. And finally, for all the questions you kept asking that were already answered in the documentation, I told you to check the documentation yourself (why should I spend this time for you whereas I already spent so much time writing the documentation ?).

Also, I even modified the startscript generated by SPADS just for you because you wanted to have specific autohost information for your replay site. But don't expect me to do other modifications in SPADS for you anymore.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

dude... you just ignored me at lobby, you call that not rude?
Also, I even modified the startscript generated by SPADS just for you because you wanted to have specific autohost information for your replay site. But don't expect me to do other modifications in SPADS for you anymore.
its not for me, its for us.

--

im not going to read your 1000 pages thick manual when i am in the battle room while everyone are whining at me about the setting i cant change because the command names are something really different than you would expect.

its not my fault you made stupid command names that nobody can remember or guess.

again... dont blame me for your own stupidity and inability to take advices from me.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:dude... you just ignored me at lobby, you call that not rude?
Saying ignoring someone is rude doesn't make any sense if you don't explain the context. And the context is the one I explained in my post just above: as you know very well, you kept asking questions that were answered in the documentation although I had told you tons of times already to check the documentation yourself before. I wrote this documentation exactly for this purpose, so that users can find the answers themselves. And indeed, in this context I don't call that rude.
The one being rude here is the one that doesn't want to take the time to look for the answers of his questions himself in the documentation, and expect someone else to do the research for him, especially the one who spent a lot of time writing the documentation... He's also the one who writes things like that
TradeMark wrote:again... dont blame me for your own stupidity and inability to take advices from me.
, which doesn't make him more right at all...
TradeMark wrote:its not for me, its for us.
You mean you decide it's for us ? Or maybe someone asked you to know the rank of autohosts from the demo for example ?
TradeMark wrote:im not going to read your 1000 pages thick manual when i am in the battle room while everyone are whining at me about the setting i cant change because the command names are something really different than you would expect.

its not my fault you made stupid command names that nobody can remember or guess.
This exactly shows you didn't understand at all how SPADS works (which is partially explained by the lack of real admin guide, there's just a command/setting reference guide for now). And I guessed from the start SPADS wouldn't fit you currently, that's why I told you very soon that you should use Springie, which is simpler to install and administer for Windows users I guess.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

the thing is... you just keep repeating the same things (or ignoring) instead of fixing stuff. i know people ask the same things over and over again from you, but you seem to not understand how to make them to understand... thats where i came to help:

1) add .bat files in the package so we dont have to ponder how to start it.
2) drop the wget or make it automatically modify env vars so we dont need to do that manually. or just drop the env vars and use something else instead.
3) change the command names to those that we would expect them to be. and add different command names to do the same thing to make it easier to guess the command names.
4) add a "did you mean *closest match* ? " in the help PM when command was not found...
5) add some default presets, maplists etc in the conf files, with as many settings as there are in the lobby client, so we can just look at it, figure it out and modify, instead of asking you or reading manual.
6) make a FAQ

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”