Feature request: better clan balancing and vote system - Page 2

Feature request: better clan balancing and vote system

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

YokoZar

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by YokoZar »

bibim wrote:
bibim wrote:However, as I proposed to Lupus, I think I will add a "contrib" release type that would contain such patchs that I don't want to merge directly like this, so autohost admins could still use them easily.
Done.

The "contrib" release is currently only available when updating from "unstable" release or when installing from scratch.

For now, it only contains following external patch:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:
Satirik wrote:feature request : same as !coop team but to make a team for normal games and the autohost would handle it as a clan for balancing
Nice idea, so i implemented it. :-p Launched for testing on FuN Autohost. May be it even works.
!team <team id> or !pset teamId <team id> - works just like a clantag.
Looking forward to your feedback :)

also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
EDIT: after some testing all this stuff seems rather stable.
bibim, if you find it useful feel free to integrate it :)
patch file is here: http://antideza.su/spads.patch
For support about this release (manual operations during upgrade etc.), please contact directly the author(s) of the patch(es).
<3 :-)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

For the record, in current unstable SPADS release (which is being tested on Spads0-4 autohosts), a new player preference is available: clan. You can set this preference using command "!pSet clan <yourClan>".
This preference offers players an alternate way to set their clan at autohost side (beside putting their clan tag in their name).

Depending on its configuration (cf balanceMode and clanMode settings), for auto-balancing purpose SPADS can take into account clan tags in names, or clan preferences, or both of them.

Here is the default behaviour:
- If you have both a clan tag in your name and a clan preference defined, then the clan preference is taken into account first.
- SPADS balances teams by taking all clans into accounts (clan preferences AND clan tags for players who haven't defined their clan preference).
- If balance is not good enough, then SPADS rebalances taking only clan tags into account.
As you can see, with default configuration clan tags in names are still the only way to be sure to be in the same team.

Clan preference can also be used temporarily by players who want to be in the same team without having to rename to use same clan tag. However, SPADS preferences are persistent, so remember to reset your clan preference (!pSet clan) if you want your clan tag to be taken into account for future battles on this autohost.

Let's hope this will allow players to choose their team easily to a certain extent, without breaking balance too much...
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

bibim wrote:For the record, in current unstable SPADS release (which is being tested on Spads0-4 autohosts), a new player preference is available: clan. You can set this preference using command "!pSet clan <yourClan>".
Is this available now?
I was just about to request something like this to the SPADS ;)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Zydox wrote:
bibim wrote:For the record, in current unstable SPADS release (which is being tested on Spads0-4 autohosts), a new player preference is available: clan. You can set this preference using command "!pSet clan <yourClan>".
Is this available now?
I was just about to request something like this to the SPADS ;)
Yes, it's available in "testing" and "unstable" releases.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”