Information requests regarding SPADS configuration

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

1) Install ActivePerl (available here: http://www.activestate.com/downloads/), and ensure your Perl bin directory is in your PATH environement variable
2) Install wget (available here: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin ... -setup.exe), and ensure your wget bin directory is in your PATH environment variable
1) ActivePerl installed
2) wget installed

tried to run "perl spadsInstaller.pl", says error:
"ERROR - [SpadsInstaller] Couldn't find wget, please install wget before installing SPADS"

So... how do i ensure my wget bin directory is in my PATH environment variable? and what is PATH environment variable? how do i change it?

bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Answer:
The path is now managed by Windows 2000 / Windows XP and not the autoexec.bat or autoexec.nt files. To change the system environment variables, follow the below steps.
  1. From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click properties.
  2. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
  3. In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.
  4. Finally, in the Environment Variables window, highlight the path variable in the Systems Variable section and click edit. Add or modify the path lines with the paths you wish the computer to access. Each different directory is separated with a semicolon as shown below.
C:\Program Files;C:\Winnt;C:\Winnt\System32
great, ive never used that one. also it would be nice to have "install.bat" in the spads folder, which has that "perl spadsInstaller.pl" command, and "pause" after it, less manual working is always better. actually that bat file should handle this PATH variable thing too, kinda dangerous to let users edit it manually like that...

could you update your first post and add information about this "PATH" variable? so we all know what is it for sure.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Is it normal that my ping on my own server is 100? or even higher... o.o

Edit: oh and the default installation didnt have mingwm10.dll file in it, had to download it myself from dll-files.com

Edit: Any possibilities to disable votekick/ban for specific nicks, for example the bot owner (me) ?

Edit: can this save the replays of every game?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:Is it normal that my ping on my own server is 100? or even higher... o.o
Yes, ask engine devs for more info.
TradeMark wrote:Edit: oh and the default installation didnt have mingwm10.dll file in it, had to download it myself from dll-files.com
You could also have taken the one from your Spring install directory. Actually SPADS should use this one automatically but it seems on some Windows configurations it doesn't, and that's why you got the error. Anyway this will be fixed in next update.
TradeMark wrote:Edit: Any possibilities to disable votekick/ban for specific nicks, for example the bot owner (me) ?
!kick shouldnt be disabled for some users, because then if you go afk the autohost is stuck... And !kickban is already disabled on privileged users.
TradeMark wrote:Edit: can this save the replays of every game?
It already does.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

!kick shouldnt be disabled for some users, because then if you go afk the autohost is stuck... And !kickban is already disabled on privileged users.
but they can !votespec ? cant they?
i just dont want some smurfs spamming !kick TradeMark all the time :P

more questions:

1) is it possible to lock the settings i want? like the map, map boxes, metal, etc...
2) can i use my tasclient player groups to replace some players ranks? so many smurfs playing that the game gets imba with autobalance without replaced ranks :D
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

How do i add presets?

like !createpreset noair armap corap armaap coraap

or some command like that, i want to disable units
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:
but they can !votespec ? cant they?
They can, but usually they don't know about it, and they would rather change autohost than learning a new command ;)
TradeMark wrote:i just dont want some smurfs spamming !kick TradeMark all the time :P
Well, if they keep trying to kick you knowing that you're the bot owner, there is something wrong... I guess you can temp ban them...
TradeMark wrote:1) is it possible to lock the settings i want? like the map, map boxes, metal, etc...
Sure. You just need to adjust the setting files to your needs. Usually the syntax is "[<presetName>]" and "<settingName>:<defaultValue>|<otherAllowedValue>|<otherAllowedValue>...". If you need information concerning specific settings or commands, I strongly suggest using SPADS documentation
TradeMark wrote:2) can i use my tasclient player groups to replace some players ranks? so many smurfs playing that the game gets imba with autobalance without replaced ranks :D
You can indeed bypass lobby ranks and use IP ranks, or affect rank manually to lobby accounts. Take a look at the chrank command documentation for instance.
TradeMark wrote:How do i add presets?
By adding sections in spads.conf for global presets, hostingPresets.conf for hosting presets, and battlePresets.conf for battle presets.
TradeMark wrote:i want to disable units
This is done with the disabledunits battle setting.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i dont understand, can you give example how to disable units without restarting my autohost?

like !disableunits armap corap armaap coraap

or something like that
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

If you didnt change the default configuration, it doesn't allow you to change the disabledunits battle setting.
So you will have to edit your battlePresets.conf to add the allowed values, then reload the configuration with the !reloadConf command.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Code: Select all

[default]
description:Default battle settings
resetmodoptions:1
disabledunits:-*
startpostype:2|0|1

[noair]
description:No air
resetmodoptions:1
disabledunits:armap corap armaap coraap
startpostype:2|0|1
[23:32:01] <TradeMark> !reloadConf
[23:32:01] <TradeHost> Unable to reload SPADS configuration

what did i do wrong?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Remember to check SPADS standard output in the command line interface and/or SPADS logs in your var directory (spads.log). You should have all the information here.

As you can see in the disabledunits documentation, the disabled units should be separated by ";".

Btw, when I'm online in the lobby you can contact me directly there. It would be much more efficient than through the forum.
aegis

Post by aegis »

you could make !kick/!votekick translate to !spec/!votespec for privileged users
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

That is an excellent idea.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

would it be possible to make %m variable in maplink give you the filename instead of just map smf name? more accurate results from springfiles.com with filename, now i had to manually add .sd7 in the end so it will not list 2 files in the search results, instead of that it will redirect to the correct file.

Also, could it be possible to implement identical way of handling startboxes as its in TASclient? so you can define "2 sides" "4 sides" etc, and then change vertical and horizontal size and possibly position too
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

aegis wrote:you could make !kick/!votekick translate to !spec/!votespec for privileged users
Yeah indeed. With a small message explaining why "kick" got translated to "spec" I guess it should be ok. Let's hope it won't confuse players more :) (some of them are already confused when a vote is automatically called for a command they tried to call directly so...)
TradeMark wrote:would it be possible to make %m variable in maplink give you the filename instead of just map smf name? more accurate results from springfiles.com with filename, now i had to manually add .sd7 in the end so it will not list 2 files in the search results, instead of that it will redirect to the correct file.
Archive files can be renamed, archive files can contain several maps etc.
TradeMark wrote:Also, could it be possible to implement identical way of handling startboxes as its in TASclient? so you can define "2 sides" "4 sides" etc, and then change vertical and horizontal size and possibly position too
I don't think we really need more commands than the current existing !split command for that. What commands would you need exactly ? Usually start boxes are only created once, they are then saved by SPADS (automatically or manually)...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

bibim wrote:I don't think we really need more commands than the current existing !split command for that. What commands would you need exactly ? Usually start boxes are only created once, they are then saved by SPADS (automatically or manually)...
why would tasclient have such feature if it was useless? you can set up startboxes with it so good, and making that into command line parameters isnt so hard

so why not do it?

i couldnt set boxes on my map with these current commands >_>
...because, it doesnt allow me to change the x & y % of the boxes, it only splits them with _same_ percent value for x and y. so it works good only for square maps

also would be nice to have !resize box1 left +5 or something, that would add 5% more to left side of the box1...
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:why would tasclient have such feature if it was useless? you can set up startboxes with it so good, and making that into command line parameters isnt so hard

so why not do it?
Because I don't need it at all, and noone expressed the need for such a thing.
But if YOU need it that much and YOU think "making that into command line parameters isnt so hard", I'm returning the question to YOU: "why not do it?"
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

bibim wrote:and noone expressed the need for such a thing.
didnt i just expressed the need for such a thing?

you only think about yourself huh
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

TradeMark wrote:
bibim wrote:and noone expressed the need for such a thing.
didnt i just expressed the need for such a thing?
I meant "noone expressed the need for such a thing except you" obviously :roll:
TradeMark wrote:you only think about yourself huh
Ahah, good one :lol:

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”