Feature request: better clan balancing and vote system

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

It would also be nice if people could designate themselves as a team and get treated as a clan for balance purposes. For instance, I say !foundteam Foo then my buddies all !jointeam Foo and then I'm required to approve them joining my team. Giving the founder approval and kick permissions for the team would definitely be nice but isn't 100% necessary.
JohannesH

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by JohannesH »

el_matarife wrote:It would also be nice if people could designate themselves as a team and get treated as a clan for balance purposes. For instance, I say !foundteam Foo then my buddies all !jointeam Foo and then I'm required to approve them joining my team. Giving the founder approval and kick permissions for the team would definitely be nice but isn't 100% necessary.
You both change your names to have a temporary clantag?
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

JohannesH wrote: You both change your names to have a temporary clantag?
That requires having to log out of Spring and log back in. It also leaves your original name open to "squatting" by griefers. This would be much easier and much faster.
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

el_matarife wrote:
JohannesH wrote: You both change your names to have a temporary clantag?
That requires having to log out of Spring and log back in. It also leaves your original name open to "squatting" by griefers. This would be much easier and much faster.
Have you tried to ask somebody to type /rename? People just ignore and keep typing !coop xxx thinking it should get them in one team... Also there's a chance of closed room after renaming.
btw, people new to coop are typing
aaa: !coop bbb
bbb: !coop aaa
i'm tired explaining them about identity :) They usually say something about wierd syntax.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

feature request : same as !coop team but to make a team for normal games and the autohost would handle it as a clan for balancing
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Satirik wrote:feature request : same as !coop team but to make a team for normal games and the autohost would handle it as a clan for balancing
You could combine these. So I would type both:
!coop all
!team Yoko

Then I'd be cooping with whomever else typed !coop all, but always be on the same team as whomever typed !team Yoko.

That sounds like it would hit all the use cases we've been asking for. Thank you muchly for working on the autohost :)
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

Satirik wrote:feature request : same as !coop team but to make a team for normal games and the autohost would handle it as a clan for balancing
Nice idea, so i implemented it. :-p Launched for testing on FuN Autohost. May be it even works.
!team <team id> or !pset teamId <team id> - works just like a clantag.
Looking forward to your feedback :)
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
EDIT: after some testing all this stuff seems rather stable.
bibim, if you find it useful feel free to integrate it :)
patch file is here: http://antideza.su/spads.patch
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

[oxnull]Lupus wrote:also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
Sorry for the late reply, but <3
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

YokoZar wrote:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
It's kinda useless only on one autohost :) Bibim promised something like contrib install type.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

[oxnull]Lupus wrote:
YokoZar wrote:
It's kinda useless only on one autohost :) Bibim promised something like contrib install type.
:(

bibim is there a reason you haven't merged it in?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

YokoZar wrote:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:It's kinda useless only on one autohost :) Bibim promised something like contrib install type.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on SPADS since some time now, mainly due to my job... I did some minor devs, but now I'm on vacation and not at home, so it will wait.
Concerning specifically the !team/!tcoop commands, I don't want to implement them like this, I want to add a configurable threshold that allows the autohost admin to set the acceptable "unbalance" produced by team preferences (otherwise I think there would be even more arguments between players about unbalanced games due to all the good players choosing to be in the same team...).
However, as I proposed to Lupus, I think I will add a "contrib" release type that would contain such patchs that I don't want to merge directly like this, so autohost admins could still use them easily.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

bibim wrote:
YokoZar wrote:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:It's kinda useless only on one autohost :) Bibim promised something like contrib install type.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on SPADS since some time now, mainly due to my job... I did some minor devs, but now I'm on vacation and not at home, so it will wait.
Concerning specifically the !team/!tcoop commands, I don't want to implement them like this, I want to add a configurable threshold that allows the autohost admin to set the acceptable "unbalance" produced by team preferences (otherwise I think there would be even more arguments between players about unbalanced games due to all the good players choosing to be in the same team...).
However, as I proposed to Lupus, I think I will add a "contrib" release type that would contain such patchs that I don't want to merge directly like this, so autohost admins could still use them easily.
Well, you have my sincere appreciation whenever you get around to it ;) Thanks :)
[oxnull]Lupus

Post by [oxnull]Lupus »

YokoZar: omg overquoting :)
Btw people are complaining about voteexit trolling. When they are mircoing units they don't read chat. And voteexit passes.
And about that threshold of unbalanciness. I don't think it's worth implementing. Games are unbalanced anyway coz of clans. Or you could just apply penalties to !team too.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

[oxnull]Lupus wrote:YokoZar: omg overquoting :)
Btw people are complaining about voteexit trolling. When they are mircoing units they don't read chat. And voteexit passes.
a voting widget could help here.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Anyone who doesn't vote should have their vote counted as a "no" not as a "I decline to vote". Votes shouldn't be passing without meeting some sort of participation threshold.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

el_matarife wrote:Anyone who doesn't vote should have their vote counted as a "no" not as a "I decline to vote". Votes shouldn't be passing without meeting some sort of participation threshold.
Actually SPADS vote system is already customizable:
- each autohost user can adjust his own vote preferences ( autoSetVoteMode, voteMode, votePvMsgDelay, voteRingDelay)
- each autohost administrator can adjust the default vote preferences (autoSetVoteMode, voteMode, votePvMsgDelay, voteRingDelay)

Concerning the vote system, there is no perfect solution.
Either called votes take forever to pass, either it's too easy to join with clones accounts and bypass vote system.
I chose these default values because personaly I prefer having a quick vote system and using bans to deal with bad behaviors. However, autohost admins and even autohost users can change this default behavior.
Last edited by bibim on 17 Aug 2009, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

bibim I know I may be just about the only person making regular use out of it, but I really do want to thank you for the !coop feature.

That said, I am getting a bit frustrated by having to spam !rebalance on some games, or not ending up with my teammates at all. It would be nice if you included the !tcoop patches someone posted earlier.

Which reminds me, in principle the !tcoop command could even be separated from the !team command entirely so that teamstackers are forced to coop.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

bibim wrote:
YokoZar wrote:I am getting a bit frustrated by having to spam !rebalance on some games, or not ending up with my teammates at all. It would be nice if you included the !tcoop patches someone posted earlier.
As I said here, I hadn't time lately to work on SPADS (+ the planetspring issue, + vacations etc.). But I didn't forget this.
No worries, whenever you get to it :)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

bibim wrote:However, as I proposed to Lupus, I think I will add a "contrib" release type that would contain such patchs that I don't want to merge directly like this, so autohost admins could still use them easily.
Done.

The "contrib" release is currently only available when updating from "unstable" release or when installing from scratch.

For now, it only contains following external patch:
[oxnull]Lupus wrote:
Nice idea, so i implemented it. :-p Launched for testing on FuN Autohost. May be it even works.
!team <team id> or !pset teamId <team id> - works just like a clantag.
Looking forward to your feedback :)

also implemented !tcoop which is a shortcut for !team and !coop :)
For support about this release (manual operations during upgrade etc.), please contact directly the author(s) of the patch(es).

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”