AA's included Lua

AA's included Lua

[ARCHIVED]

Moderators: Caydr, Moderators, Content Developer

Caydr
Omnidouche

AA's included Lua

Post by Caydr »

For clarity sake I renamed most of the widgets, author info is intact of course. You can probably figure out what's what.

[list updated, moved down a few posts]

All of the widgets above are already functional and may have been modified somewhat to better suit AA. If you as a widget author do not want one of these included please let me know. Most of the widgets are on by default, and have a "Recommended:" prefix to sort the list between ones that I imagine people will want to use no matter what. All others are marked Optional. Red UI is marked Required.

Widgets not included in the mod will be disallowed due to cheating. If you want to use any other widgets please let me know and I'll include them. Widgets will be kept up-to-date as each new version of AA is released, which tends to be frequent.

Repeat: If the widgets like aren't listed above, post them below.
lurker

Re: Some of AA's included LUA

Post by lurker »

With all the work you've put into buildpics, maybe you could have a large version with icons and a small version without? Will you be making images that don't have an appropriate location for icons?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Large with icons, small without: No, wasn't planning on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part. I will make icons small (12x12 I think) and probably just put them at the bottom of the buildpic, with enough room to show up to three if necessary but probably just 1 or 2 for the vast majority of units.

Also, while I don't have the advantage of being an LUA god like some people, my photoshop skillz pretty much eliminate the workload of anything to do with graphics. I've made macros for most of the stuff...

Open DDS
select all
Copy
Paste
Exaggerate colors
change blending
change opacity
select background
adjust brightness/contrast
flatten
resize to 48x48
save DDS
DXT1 2D texture w/ no mipmap
close (oh yes, always include that part, oh... ha ha... oh dear...)

Automate> Batch > Folder > buildpics > make coffee > close photoshop > resume comical attempt to understand LUA.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Decided to remove Advanced Players List for now, I can't sort out how to make it position itself properly relative to the bottom-right of the screen. It doesn't move itself around as needed the way that, for instance, defense ranges does.

Probably not too great a loss, those "need metal!" buttons are just begging to be spammed by a troll.

Updated screenshot coming in a bit.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

There you go. When it's available I'll add the chat widget from this UI set (Red UI). It'll go down to the bottom of the minimap, and hopefully disappear when not in use.

The UI does not stretch to fit, despite how it looks - it's designed to fit perfectly within a 1024x768 window, which is the lowest resolution anyone seems to be using based on the poll I did earlier. I think I prefer it this way, it looks very sharp and professional...

Hmm.. what else...

The unit selection indicator will overflow off the screen if you pick too many different types of units, unfortunately, but I don't think that will happen very often. I adjusted it so it wouldn't overlap with the build menu.
screen002.jpg
The commander appears to be glowing green because my mouse is hovering over him. Hovering over enemies gives them a red glow, hovering over allies a gold glow.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Caydr wrote:Decided to remove Advanced Players List for now, I can't sort out how to make it position itself properly relative to the bottom-right of the screen. It doesn't move itself around as needed the way that, for instance, defense ranges does.

Probably not too great a loss, those "need metal!" buttons are just begging to be spammed by a troll.
You can move it around in the Lua tweak mode or whatever its called (ctrl+f11). And please include it, cause its much faster tool for sharing both resources and units than the menu that "h" brings up.

When i request for metal/energy i do it just using chat, faster & less annoying

The list looks good overall, only thing that i miss is Buildbar.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Re: Some of AA's included LUA + interface pics

Post by Caydr »

The advanced player list functions are important, I agree with you... I know how to move it around, the problem is that all the other widgets I've added scale nicely with any screen resolution but Advanced Player List just sits there when you resize the window or anything. I guess it's really not such a big deal. I'll probably include it, though I might not have it active by default until I can figure out how to make it dock with the side of the screen properly.

Buildbar... hmm... I had that at one point. I was going to include Idle Builders instead. It does much the same thing, only is more useful IMHO since it also allows you to find construction bots that aren't doing anything. Still tweaking it though.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Can you add these widgets?:
  • No Duplicate Orders. Just stops orders that are given to units which already have those orders, for example telling a con to repair something it is already repairing. This stops it from opening and closing.
  • Command Insert. Hold Meta to insert commands in the middle of a queue.
  • Reclaim info. Shows the M and E count of features in the area reclaim circle.
  • Healthbars. Jks very good healthbar replacement.
  • Immobile builder. Sets nanos to roam and repeat when built. It does nothing else which is my worry with 'Auto Nano'.
  • Show All commands. Shows all allied unit commands.
  • Unit specific reclaimer. Area reclaim for units.
  • Z-Selector. Hold Z to select units of the type in the current selection.
Attachments
widgets.zip
(15.23 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

AutoGroup please, can't play without it.

Nice to have:
Prospector
TransporterAI
FactoryQManager
Caydr wrote: Mouseover Halo (modified version of selection halo, doesn't kill FPS)
can i haz pls?
knorke

Post by knorke »

aaaaah why did you change the widgetnames? that will be superconfusing for me err for noobs when they just got used to them!
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

No duplicate orders: will be added
Command insert: will be added
Reclaim info: will be added
Healthbars: known in AA as "Status Bars" since they display a lot more than just health in recent versions
Immobile Builder: Known in AA as "Automatic Nanotowers"
Show All Commands: will be added
Unit specific reclaimer: will be added... what kind of situation is it for?
Z-Selector: will be added
Prospector: Known in AA as "Metal Output Tooltip"
TransporterAI: will be added
FactoryQManager: what is it? I'll check it out and probably add

I think the widgets are much more clearly-named now. "Prospector" vs. "Metal Output Tooltip" which tells you what you're getting?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Caydr wrote:Unit specific reclaimer: will be added... what kind of situation is it for?
reclaiming e.g. solar farms after your fusions are up.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I just finished implementing the final element of the new UI. Main UI elements, including resource bars, the tooltip box, the orders box, and the buildmenu will be locked in place and unmovable except in tweak mode. I'm putting a lot of effort into optimizing the UI to use as little space as possible while still being easy to see and understand, so I want to avoid having people move them by accident. The minimap will still be movable and the UI will not block the buttons that control it. I'm implementing a novel system to organize the build menu better that I imagine other mods will adopt.
imbaczek wrote:
Caydr wrote:Unit specific reclaimer: will be added... what kind of situation is it for?
reclaiming e.g. solar farms after your fusions are up.
Oh... Well I guess if people think it's useful OK, I'll put it in. If you were reclaiming solars though, what would stop you from just making an area reclaim order? I mean, if you're reclaiming solars because you need metal wouldn't you want to reclaim wrecks/rocks/etc too? :?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Is that all it does? I know there's a nano widget around that tells idle nanos to patrol making it the most annoying widget ever. If I've told a nano to stop assisting for a while I want to be the one to tell it to start assisting.
If you were reclaiming solars though, what would stop you from just making an area reclaim order? I mean, if you're reclaiming solars because you need metal wouldn't you want to reclaim wrecks/rocks/etc too? :?
Units aren't reclaimed by an area reclaim order. Part of the point of the widget is to add area reclaim for units.

I don't like the maneuver or roam move states so could you add a hold ground widget? I have one which sets all ground units and factories to hold ground, it also has an exceptions list with all 4 air factories in it.

Also will AA have metal makers? If so you can't forget the metal maker widget.
Attachments
Hold Ground.zip
(933 Bytes) Downloaded 33 times
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Google_Frog wrote:
Is that all it does? I know there's a nano widget around that tells idle nanos to patrol making it the most annoying widget ever. If I've told a nano to stop assisting for a while I want to be the one to tell it to start assisting.
The original name of the automatic nanotowers widget was something very similar to "immobile builders" or something, so I think it's the one you're talking about. Basically, when you turn it on it tells all idle nanotowers to start patrolling the immediate area and sets them to Roam, right? If so we're thinking of the same thing.
Google_Frog wrote:
If you were reclaiming solars though, what would stop you from just making an area reclaim order? I mean, if you're reclaiming solars because you need metal wouldn't you want to reclaim wrecks/rocks/etc too? :?
Units aren't reclaimed by an area reclaim order. Part of the point of the widget is to add area reclaim for units.Also will AA have metal makers? If so you can't forget the metal maker widget.
Oh geez, of course, what was I thinking. That would make sense about area reclaim.

The metal maker ai widget is called "Automatic Metal Makers".

Basically, everything that starts with "Automatic" is the stuff I sort of frown on a little... but I understand people have gotten used to having it, so I can't very easily just say "no metal maker ai for you!"

I will add the hold positions widget.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Big thanks Caydr!
very_bad_soldier wrote:AutoGroup please, can't play without it.
Has AutoGroup not been added on purpose? Or just slipped through? Would still love it.
lurker

Post by lurker »

I don't really see why you would frown on auto nanos or auto missile building, those are both standing orders that make sense as default, sort of how units are on fire at will default. Some of those I understand what you mean. Factory assist is a rather complex behavior, as is managing metal makers. But in the case of metal makers, in my opinion they should be on a low priority power circuit anyway so you could just leave them on...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

very_bad_soldier wrote:Big thanks Caydr!
very_bad_soldier wrote:AutoGroup please, can't play without it.
Has AutoGroup not been added on purpose? Or just slipped through? Would still love it.
Slipped through, I will add it.
lurker wrote:I don't really see why you would frown on auto nanos or auto missile building
You're right, those two really aren't a big deal. TBH it's more like I frown on nanofarming in general, not just that widget. Auto stockpile is something I was planning on turning on by default actually.

Also, in case anyone missed this earlier: Although I'm renaming most/all of the LUA widgets, the ones that I can reasonably imagine people actually wanting to turn on/off are marked "optional:" and therfore get alphabetically sorted to the beginning of the list, before all the "required:" and "recommended:" items.

Required items include primary interface objects such as build menu, order menu, chat box, resource boxes, and tooltip box. Of course, these are on by default and turning them off will probably screw up your UI until the next time Spring starts.

Recommended items include things such as the advanced players list, defense ranges, easy rotation, etc. The items in the recommended list are on by default since they may provide a real-world advantage to a player.

The optional list includes most items that handle automation or which are strictly visual, or which some players may not want to use, such as camera shake. They are default on or off on a case-by-case basis.

I may also add a fourth category, things which are known to reduce performance on low-end systems. Most/all of these will be on by default.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Re: AA's included LUA

Post by Caydr »

Updated LUA list:

Advanced Player List - Default ON
Air Transport AI - Default OFF
Ally Cursorts - Default ON
Ally Resource Bars - Default ON
Ally Selected Units - Default ON
Attack AoE - Default ON
Automatic Center and Select - Default ON
Automatic Factory Assist - Default OFF
Automatic Factory Repeat - Default oFF
Automatic Group Assignment - Default OFF
Automatic Hold Position - Default OFF
Automatic Metal Makers - Default OFF
Automatic Nanotowers - Default OFF
Automatic Stockpile - Default ON
Automatic Structure Rotation - Default OFF
Blast Radius - Default ON
Command Insert - Default OFF
Commander Ends Warning - Default ON
Commander Names - Default ON
Construction ETC - Default ON
Custom Formations - Default ON
Custom Pause Screen - Default ON
Defense Ranges - Default ON
D-Gun Limit Warning - Default ON
Easy Building Rotation - Default ON
Factory Queue Manager - Default OFF
Highlight Recent Markers - Default ON
Metal Output Tooltip - Default ON
Minimap Start Boxes - Default ON
Mouseover Halo - Default ON
No Duplicate Orders - Default ON
Nuke Blast Flare - Default ON
Nuke Camera Shake - Default ON
Queue Dragging - Default ON
Reclaim Tooltip - Default ON
Selection Icons - Default ON
Show All Commands - Default OFF
Smooth Camera Movement - Default OFF
Spring Auto-Quit - Default ON
Status Bars - Default ON
Team Color Circles - Default OFF
Unit-Specific Reclaimer - Default OFF
Wind Power - Default ON
Wreck Highlighter - Default ON
X-Ray Shader - Default OFF
Z-Selector - Default ON
Red Build Order Menu - REQUIRED
Red Console - REQUIRED
Red Tooltip - REQUIRED
Red UI Framework A - REQUIRED
Red UI Framework B - REQUIRED

Many widgets have been modified to, in my opinion, better suit AA. I have verified that my modifications do not interfere with their expected normal function unless this was my intention.

Still to be added are:
Automatic Unit Marker
BuildBar

I'm trying to customize the auto unit marker a bit, but I'm realizing that I'm in over my head... it will probably just function as normal. The Buildbar I'm having a problem with because all of the UI elements that area already on by default are starting to add some pretty serious screen clutter at lower resolutions. It is my goal to make the game playable with ALL widgets at 1024x768, and still have a vast majority of the screen not blocked by widgets. Of course, at the same time, there's a limit to how small I can make things...

Most of the items that default ON are prefixed with "Recommended: ", thereby sorting them to the bottom of the list. All of the others are marked "Optional: ", this includes some widgets which do not actually add anything to the game but a little cinema, such as the screen shaker. Some other things are marked optional as well if I can imagine situations where they would not be desirable.

Once more, if there's anything missing from the above list, please say so and I will add it. Any widgets not included will be disabled and unavailable for use while playing AA.
imbaczek

Re: AA's included LUA

Post by imbaczek »

ETC is too much et cetera and too little estimated time of completion, suggest reverting to ETA.

Return to “Caydr's Projects”