Bugfix release, 0.77b5

Bugfix release, 0.77b5

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Bugfix release, 0.77b5

Post by Auswaschbar »

Because some bugs still slipped through the 0.77b4 version, we have created a b5 release. If everything went as expected, this should be the last release in this short time, next one will take longer (even if it might become another bugfix release).
Look at the download page for direct download links, or use the ingame updater which should now work in this version.

What has changed?

Installer:
  • check if common unitsync users are running, abort installation if any is found
  • don't download and install RiverDale and SmallDivide when the user already has it
Crashes:
  • even more preventions of DIV0
User Interface:
  • whe watching a demo with a setup locally, overwrite maxspeed with 10
  • fix mousehover detection for radar icons
  • fixed performance of Lua fontHandler
  • make the orbit-controller actually do something on win32
  • make the orbit-controller speeds configurable
  • rescale fonts on window resize so they don't look ugly
  • fixed black border blending of fonts
  • ATI drivers lie about not supporting extensions required by shadows. we ignore that extension now
Engine:
  • new fbi tag: bankingAllowed - only affects hoverAttack=1 units; controls if the aircraft can bank.
  • fbi tag upright now affects gunships
  • fix CAirMoveType using an uninitialized variable (maxSpeed)
  • fix Aircraft fuel not working properly on units with multiple weapons
  • fix SendLuaMsg
  • improve heading table resolution, this makes huge units less jerky
  • fix the gamespeed not going back up after it was slowed down
  • when ArchiveCache has not been written yet, do not add archive dependencies that are already in the chain (was breaking demos)
  • fix factories switching their yardmap to fully-blocked when a unit is present inside (so units don't getstuck inside)
  • fixed map defined detailtex
  • fix LUA Spring.GetTeamResources does not return "received" for one player on each team
Unitsync / Lobby interface:
  • engine now loads many start script options from GAME\ModOptions\ section in start script, instead of just GAME\
  • added EngineOptions.lua to springcontent.sdz, this contains the default engine options for backward compatibility
  • GetModOptions unitsync call parses both EngineOptions.lua and ModOptions.lua, and returns combined list of options
Random:
  • lots of fixes to CMake and dedicated server (already released)
  • minor KAIK stability fixes
I stopped uploading zip archives with the source code because I don't consider them usefull. If you have used them, post a hate message here.

Almost forgot to thank people who made this happen: imbaczek, kloot, tvo, submarine, jK, det and all helpers, testers, contributors etc.

Important: You have to upload your lobby to make use of some of the new features (included in the installer).
imbaczek

Re: Bugfix release, 0.77b5

Post by imbaczek »

gratz to all, especially kloot, lots of bugs fixed. well done!
gonpost

Post by gonpost »

You guys broke DSD...or so it seems. No one's been able to play it yet. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if you kept it this way. :)
FrOzEnTaCo

Post by FrOzEnTaCo »

these are great updates but can you tell me how to watch past replays cause every time you make new updates i cant watch my past (version) replays and its annoying. i heard you have to have the old 'exe' files, is that true? if it is, can you tell me where to get them? thanks in advance
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

I can't even make a game dude to the DSD crash....
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

probably the easiest way is to get old installers and install several versions of the game side by side.
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

imbaczek wrote:probably the easiest way is to get old installers and install several versions of the game side by side.
Or make an option that lets you use the old version.
FrOzEnTaCo

Post by FrOzEnTaCo »

Super Mario wrote:
imbaczek wrote:probably the easiest way is to get old installers and install several versions of the game side by side.
Or make an option that lets you use the old version.
+1 super mario ftw
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Congrats!

For lobby developers, note that I deployed small tweak to tasserver by dizekat: TASServer now does not block joining in game battles anymore

Old behaviour can be restored by host's lobby client by locking battle when game starts and unlocking when game ends. It can be restored for player's lobby clients by implementing this in game check client side. All in all there is choice now, which there wasn't before :-)
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

When are you going to fix the autohost lag issue?
players need hosts that acutaly work and dont lag the game!
[LBF]Vache

Post by [LBF]Vache »

i'm sorry to be of bad feedback, but this replays thing is EXTREMELY boring. I mean, replays are a huge part of the gaming experience.

The fact you can't watch replays between differents major releases, fine, i understand. But that you can't watch your 0.74 replays after what is said to be a bugfix release is annoying at last.

Except from that ,congrats to the devs, things running smoothly here
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

[quote="[LBF]Vache"]i'm sorry to be of bad feedback, but this replays thing is EXTREMELY boring. I mean, replays are a huge part of the gaming experience.

The fact you can't watch replays between differents major releases, fine, i understand. But that you can't watch your 0.74 replays after what is said to be a bugfix release is annoying at last.

Except from that ,congrats to the devs, things running smoothly here[/quote]

Well, if you avoid the checksum you actually can, might get sync errors though.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

"But that you can't watch your 0.74 replays after what is said to be a bugfix release is annoying at last."

There'd be no point in allowing it, since (some of) the engine bugfixes still
mean that your 77b{n} demos will play out differently in 77b{n + k} than
how they were recorded.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Great release

and also breaking DSD should be a highlight of 0.77b5 if it does so :P
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

we need bugfixes FAST.

i found like 5 bugs for now, crashes game etc.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

I thought bugfix releases were supposed to have fewer? Or have these crashers and DSD issues people are talking about been there all along?

Minimal changes in minor versions and all ;)
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Im not sure if this is 100% yet, but the server crashes for hosting big games seems to relate to the map's pre-defined start positions in the .smd.

For instance, DSD has 10 pre-defined start positions, if a host runs his server with a limit of 10 players, the map is playable.

For Small Supreme Battlefield, which has 6 pre-defined starts, if a host runs the server at more than 6, nobody can connect and the server crashes.

If anyone else can test this and prove it, we might have found an answer to why games are crashing.

also alot of sync errors happening in 77b5 in those larger games.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

sync errors seem to be an autohost issue; start pos things are confirmed.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

It seems that ground decals are slightly misaligned this version.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

imbaczek wrote:sync errors seem to be an autohost issue; start pos things are confirmed.
I had quite some sync errors too when I played some XTA and Micro Modules with BrainDamage.

Interestingly they didn't snowball tho, they popped up and disappeared several times during pretty much each battle.

Return to “News”