MojoSetup installer

MojoSetup installer

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

Nemoder

MojoSetup installer

Post by Nemoder »

I've created a Linux installer for Spring and SpringLobby using MojoSetup:

Download 32bit Installer (Jobjol)

Download 64bit Installer (Jobjol)

** 11-17-2009
-updated to spring 0.80.5.2
-fixed typo in library name for 64bit installer
** 11-10-2009
-updated to spring 0.80.5.1
-updated to sprlinglobby 0.35
** 10-23-2009
-updated to spring 0.80.5
-updated to springlobby 0.28
-updated to libboost 1.40.0
-updated to libtorrent-rasterbar 0.14.6
** 5-29-2009
-updated to spring 0.79.1
-updated to springlobby 0.0.1.10472
** 5-24-2009
-updated to spring 0.79.0.2
-added missing libpython
** 5-19-2009
-rebuilt everything!
-updated to libboost 1.38
-updated to libtorrent-rasterbar 0.14.2
-updated to spring 0.79.0
-update to springlobby 0.0.1.10457
-updated to latest mojosetup
-finally found a way to include several missing libs such as libGLEW
-removed CA and KP mod URLs that were causing fatal errors on install
** 3-1-2009
-added spring-dedicated and script to start it
** 2-2-2009
-fixed missing springlobby
-added warning when trying to install as root
-updated broken CA URL
** 1-18-2009
-updated to spring 0.78.2.1
-updated to latest mojosetup from mercurial
** 1-14-2009
-updated to spring 0.78.1.1
-updated to libtorrent-rasterbar-0.14.1
-updated to springlobby 0.0.1.10386
** 11-26-2008
-updated to springlobby 0.0.1.10367

It might not be as efficient as the deb packages but it has been tested on debian-testing, ubuntu-7.10, and fedora8 and it seems to be working pretty well. I included the libs it was compiled with so it should be possible to install it entirely as a user without having to alter any system files.

Unzip the installer and execute it and it should create a desktop menu entry for you to launch the springstart.sh script in the directory you chose to install it.

Try it out and let me know what you think!
Last edited by Nemoder on 20 Nov 2009, 03:27, edited 33 times in total.
rcdraco

linked

Post by rcdraco »

Here's the link:

http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/379 ... 232007zip/

I really could've used this a while ago, guess it can help people who are new to linux I guess. Sounds like a good idea at least.

Does it include the OTA content?
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Thanks!
Yes, it includes the OTA content same as the windows installer.
Nemoder

update

Post by Nemoder »

I've updated the installer:
  • -Updated to latest springlobby
    -Updated spring to use the new libboost 1.34
    -Included the SmallDivide map and BA58 Mod
    -Added spring logo to installer
    -Fixed icon directory creation
    -Fixed default permissions for springstart.sh
spring-installer_75b2_11-24-2007.zip
CoolyOriginal

Post by CoolyOriginal »

Fatal error

bad argument #1 to 'output' (/home/cooly/.local/share/applications/spring.desktop: Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente)

don't works :|
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Try running:
mkdir -p ~/.local/share/applications
then rerun the installer

I'll try to fix that in the next update.
Nemoder

Re: MojoSetup installer

Post by Nemoder »

The new version no longer includes the OTA content or any maps/mods, it's all downloadable through the installer now using the same URLs as the windows installer.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Nice work, when i try Ubuntu in the next version i will be sure to try this out, i think this deserves a sticky guys!!
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

This could be really helpful to lower the entry barrier for linux newbies and is great if you want to carry your spring around on a thumbdrive, etc.

Three things:
a) could you update the wxWidgets libs to 2.8? Springlobby already offers some 2.8 only features and we'll sooner or later drop 2.6 support.
b) strip the binaries before including them, in case of springlobby/settings size reduction is about 75%
c) do you think it would be possible to (semi-) automate the process of building the installer? Would be nice to always have the (or nearly) newest revision of SL included.
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

Most of this was built on Debian-Lenny which still only has wx2.6, I tried to build SpringLobby against wx2.8 awhile ago on my Ubuntu machine but I had some problems with it. I will try it again with a newer SVN revision.

Stripping the binaries is a good idea, I did that with the installer but forgot about the actual apps and libs. :roll:

I included the scripts I built it with under the MojoSetup directory although you might have to change the paths to point to wherever you install the MojoSetup source itself. Then you just put all the files you want included in data/springfiles.zip and rerun the script.

I was unable to upload the installer to unknown-files no idea why, it just wouldn't go through but I'll try again if I can get it repackaged with wx2.8.
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

New version is up, unknown-files even decided to accept it, I guess that's a good sign. :wink:

I fixed up the make.sh script so you should only need to edit the MOJODIR var and it should handle building everything else for anyone who wants to repackage it.
TheBoff

Post by TheBoff »

I've tried this and the installer works - I have a menu entry and everything, but instead of text I have loads of squares - I'm guessing this a problem with the font in some way.

I'm running Fedora 8.

Actually don't bother rpelying atm - I'm seriously lacking in the dependancy area atm, so I'll install those first, then writ an update in the forum (although I thought you didn't need any dependancies)
TheBoff

Post by TheBoff »

Hmmm.. that hasn't worked.
Can anybody give me any advice?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

same problem: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14449 (same person even?)

to be able to help post the output of a run from console.
TheBoff

Post by TheBoff »

I just installed from source, so it doesn't matter for me now...
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I tried to include only the libs that tend to be different between the major distributions so you'll still need to manually install some libs like GLEW (if you don't have them already from installing other games/apps through your package manager).
Also this is only a 32bit build so if you try to run it on a 64bit system you would need all the 32bit libs that were not included. I may try to build a 64bit installer if there is any interest in it.

I'm not sure what the font problem might be, perhaps it is related to language settings or the fact that I built the included libboost without unicode support but I would need more info to debug that.

Anyway, glad you managed to get it working from source, it can be a hassle to get all the dependencies required to build it on various distributions (hence this attempt at an installer!)
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Thanks for this installer :-)

And of course we want 64 bits installer :wink:
Nemoder

Post by Nemoder »

I uploaded a 64bit installer but it isn't as well tested since I only have this one 64bit machine so let me know if there are any bugs.

The only major problem I found so far is selecting KAIK as a bot causes the game to eat up all of my ram and then die. :(
lecbee

Post by lecbee »

Thanks :-) , it works better than 32 bits (I can now launch SpringLobby) but I haven't fonts...

look at this :

I am using Fedora 8 x86_64.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Hi ! :-)
First sorry for my bad english :p

I already played TaSpring on Gentoo a year ago ( from the ebuild ).
Now i want to try the last version of Spring, but there is no more new ebuilds :(
So i've tried with this installer (amd 64). The installation works well but when i try to launch Spring it tells me that :
./spring: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex-gcc42-mt-1_34_1.so.1.34.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
There is lot of answer with a google search but always on ubuntu. Forums answers says to install dependances like libboost, but there is no package in gentoo called libboost. :/
A search with "regex" in package manager (portage) answer nothing that can helps.
I've tried to find manually the "XXX.1.31.1.so..." file too, but i can't find it on google.

Anyone can help me plz ?

Thanks. ;)

Return to “Linux”