modinfo.adune.nl - Mod information website: units stats etc.

Resources to get you going on your new project, or to help you over some emergent problems during your development cycle.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Modit (aka Modinfo) is a mod info website which shows different mods units, weapons, corpses, explosions, and other stats.

Currently Modit includes over 210 different versions of different mods!
If you want your mod added there, just PM me the URL where i can download the mod.

Website URL:
http://modinfo.adune.nl
--

General features:

1) All unit images are clickable and shows short stats of that unit when focusing with mouse for a few seconds.
2) All buildlists are as one big image which makes browsing faster than ever. Also these unit images shows same stats as above when focusing with mouse.

General index page
1) At the index page you can see all units of that side.
2) You can find unit by writing its unitname at the "show unit(s)" input at the top of the page.
3) You can change side by clicking "Sides: [ ARM / CORE ]" links.
4) If side has unused units (nobody can build them in the mod), they are shown as "Unused units: [ ARM / CORE / (empty) ]". (empty) means those units didnt have side variable set. These unused units unit stats side variables has been modified to "x_(sidename)".
5) You can sort the index unitlist by selecting wanted variable from the list, or writing own variable to the right "Sort by [ *list* ] [ *custom* ] [Change]". You can also sort the list by clicking the title in the list, like "Unitname" or "Description".
6) You can see recent units with icons which you have been browsing at the left side of the unitlist.
7) You can see plants and builders of that side at the right side of the unitlist

Unit stats page
1) In the black box you can see short stats of the unit, and small graph of unit speed, and the cost value calculated with formula E/60+M.
2) At the below you can see a list which shows: Bt/s = how many seconds takes to build current unit with this unit in the list. M use/s = how much metal that unit in the list uses while it is building current unit. E use/s = same, but with energy. Units which have current unit in their buildlist are with light blue background.
3) At the left: Shows unit buildlist and list of units which can build that unit
4) At the right: Shows unit weapons along with explode/selfd weapons. By default it shows only real weapons without selecting it from the list, but doesnt show explode/selfd weapons, if you want to view those weapons stats, just click those.
5) At the weapon list you can see DPS = Damage Per Second, EPS = Energy Per Second, MPS = Metal Per Second. Which means how much of X it will use/give in a second while shooting.
6) When selecting weapon from the list, at below you can see all units which uses that weapon.
7) By clicking "Open weapon editing page" It shows with pictures the units which uses that weapon, and you can browse those units without changing the page to normal unit stats page. If you want to go back to the normal page, press "Open unit editing page" below the black box.
8) You can click links at "damages" list, and then it shows with images which units are in that armor class. You can also click those images and see their stat page.

Changelog creator (Compare mods)
Show only unit changes
Show only weapon changes
Creates the mod changelog between two versions. Supports units and weapon changes at the moment (do we really care about corpses and other stuff :-) ).

Buildtrees
Browse all sides builders and plants and select units to compare.
Works with JavaScript, which allows fast browsing.

Error finding
Find problems with the unit stats, incorrect values etc.

Error report
Shows the errors which occured while reading the mod files with Modit, shows suggestion for the fixed lines.

Best units list
Shows the list with best units related to metal cost, HP and DPS.

Buildlist
Shows the buildlists of all sides in separate pages.

Armors
Shows armors.txt in cleaner way.

Weapon stats from weapons list
Shows single weapon stats along with the units which uses it.
Clicking units in the list opens them at the right side, so you can browse all units from that list without going back all the time.

Weapon stats from unit stats
Shows weapon stats with unit stats.
Clicking armors from the damages list shows those units in small frame with icons (works from weapons list too).

Explosions
Shows all explosions used in mod, selected explosion shows that explosion stats, and which weapons are using that explosion.

Moveinfo
Shows mod movementclasses, and by clicking items it shows which units are using that movementclass.

Comparing units
Comparing whole buildlist of units
Compare only two units
1) You can compare whole buildlist units of wanted builder by writing the builder unitname to the "show unit(s)" input at the top of the page, and selecting "[x] Buildlists" to get units from its buildlist.
2) You can also write multiple units by separating them with space.
If you for some reason want to show just one unit in the same list, just put * mark in the end of that unitname.
3) When comparing only two units, it shows percent differences with those units.

Sound category list
Shows selected sound category stats, and units which are using that sound category.

Corpses, heaps and features
Shows those, and when selected, shows stats of it, and the units which are using that corpse. (should be one unit using one corpse for better modifiability).

Other features:
List of all metal and energy producers
Corpses metal percent from unit metal cost
Show all yardmaps for bug seeking
Death messages
Variable info

--

If you have suggestions, they are always needed. Just post here whats in your mind or PM me.
Last edited by TradeMark on 14 Oct 2009, 15:25, edited 47 times in total.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Stickyfied

PS

Thanks go out to my brother who supplied server and bandwidth.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Very nice.

*salute*
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Unstuck, I've decided to collect all of these sorts of external links into a single thread.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Modit is especially important. Everyone should know modit! It is the font from which all knowledge springs.

CITIZEN REJOICE YOUR PROPHET HAS RETURNED!
smoth

Post by smoth »

Honestly I would like it if moddit would also detail unit weapons changes as well when you do a mod comparison. It shows fbi changes but doesn't detail weapon stat changes which are equally important to me.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Yeah i was going to make it, but somehow i didnt finish it... lets see if i can make it in this week.
neddiedrow wrote:Unstuck, I've decided to collect all of these sorts of external links into a single thread.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
smoth

Post by smoth »

cool, was wondering when that was going to be added. Effetively between a prior release and current release that section could give players a true changelog as we "modders" often miss at least a few things in the changelogs.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Weapon changes:
http://modinfo.adune.nl/?act=compare&do ... &MOD2=ba58

Works somehow now, but it doesnt list weapons which have changed if that unit hasnt changed aswell. I'll do that later.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Its working now:

http://modinfo.adune.nl/?act=compare&do ... &MOD2=ba58

Shows all weapon changes now.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

This thread isn't actually stickied, despite noize saying it is :P
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

i love this page tbh. I like digging in in stats :D
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

ralphie wrote:This thread isn't actually stickied, despite noize saying it is :P
Blame neddiedrow :x (our new moderator)
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

New stuff:
http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?act=e ... ll+correap

Shows two units difference when selected only two units. Also you can paste the link now, but that URL thing works only when you type the units to that "show unit(s)" area at the top of the page.

Also added "Link to this page" for sharing the URL to others when you have came to that page by other ways than using the "show unit(s)" system.

Edit: Added some styles for the table: http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?act=e ... ildlists=1
Easier to read the values now.
Edit: Damn, long links doesnt wrap here.
Last edited by TradeMark on 19 Oct 2007, 15:11, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.Frumious

Post by Mr.Frumious »

TradeMark wrote:
ralphie wrote:This thread isn't actually stickied, despite noize saying it is :P
Blame neddiedrow :x (our new moderator)
Because the link has been moved into the single "useful mod websites" sticky.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

Oh right.

"External Development Forums & Related Websites" strikes me as fairly meaningless compared to "modinfo: blahblah" but meh.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

However, it doesn't take up six stickies to give you six different things, which is why I did it.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Yeah, but Modit is much more important site than sites like caydr.com etc. Should be stickied IMHO, so newbs can find it easier. Not many really browse those weird named threads like "External Development Forums & Related Websites" which really doesnt tell there could be a mod-info page too.

Oh hell, lets give example at "User map discussion" forum, thread named "Feature resource thread...." (Sticky)
That is exactly same what Modit is: a resource. :idea:

---

Updated:
You can now show only selected units / weapons changes
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

I would support the that modit get's its own sticky. I have looked at that weird topic title and the content and even the headline "other websites" shows, that you didn't know where to put it. So give it an own sticky, neddie, it's far more important.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Added more information about this Modit utility in the first post.

Edit: funny, last post was exactly month ago, and almost same time posted as mine :-)

Return to “Game Development Tutorials & Resources”