Global map hardness upgrade

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

For those of you who prefer playing largely without too much terrain deformation:

[No longer available by popular demand.]

This should be installed AFTER any other maps you add, and only affects the ones that came with Spring plus the ones I made (straya, altmars).

All players will need this to be MP-compatible, I'm thinking. Speaking of which, it'd be great if the server automatically sent his SMD file to any clients in an MP game, would eliminate any confusion.

This isn't really anything complex, anyone could make it, but noone else has yet... If deformation needs to be lowered further/increased in your opinion, post your thoughts below.
Last edited by Caydr on 02 May 2005, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Perhaps if it was changed by map makers to their maps rather than a whitewash.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Oh yeah. Uh-huh. Let us force change on everyone! They will obey, nothing will stop us! Yes, you, the one who types in netspeak, bend over and run this program, don't give me anything of that "how du u use theis?" crap, I SAID CONFORM B*TCH. (WAPWAPWAPWAP)
Caydr wrote:All players will need this to be MP-compatible, I'm thinking. Speaking of which, it'd be great if the server automatically sent his SMD file to any clients in an MP game, would eliminate any confusion.
Then you get the assholes that put all the commander spawn points within 5 squares of each other.

el oh el.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Uh... well... use it if you like. Don't use it if you don't like. I don't see a problem here.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Keep the current map as they are for compatibility reason. Let map makers use varied values for the map hardness argument for their new maps. Stop gazillion version of the same files that makes people more and more incompatible.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Okay, okay! Just trying to be helpful...

Return to “Map Creation”