Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 317

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

FireStorm_

Re: Random WIP

Post by FireStorm_ »

Made some models.

image large

Still pretty crude in detail. Plus no uv/tex/script, only what you see.
(maybe i'll do something with it some day. Probably not though...)

@aGorm: looks fantastic...
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Guessmyname wrote:Couldn't resist.

Oh god what I would give to see this thing do the hammer dance
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

concept by Warnerator.

wanted something totally scifi, not serious killing machine :D im not sure about 'eye'. also, no specular (yet)
maackey

Post by maackey »

Looks neat. The blue is a bit too deep/saturated imo and the eye could be more red, but overall looks pretty good.

Edit: also the elbows could come to a sharper point.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

It's good but try to follow the highlights he placed. If you add some more of those green edges like there are in the concept it really helps to define the shape more.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

sadly, shape he made is frikkin complicated and whats worse, as all concepts they are not accurate and usually not perfectly similar from each side :<

also this model got already 3k poly so adding more details would be massacre :D
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Looks good. Fix up the texture a bit, and make sure the tex 2 is really nice so you get a nice glowing killer HAL look.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Changing the texture won't change the polycount ;)

There is no way that needs to be 3k. I think you can cut a lot. Wireframe?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hoi wrote:Changing the texture won't change the polycount ;)
lol i know, but changing shape of 'head' would requite more poly. ill show when its 100% done ;p
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Cremuss wrote:jK, FLOZi > good to know thx. I quickly tried to pick CA's gadget, but it looks likes that different .lua files are used to make normalmaps (like, api_subdir_gadgets.lua, CustomUnitShader/*, etc). What files do I really need ?
yup, you need:
  • api_subdir_gadgets.lua
+ Spring Utilities Extensions:
  • utilities.lua
  • modifications to gadgets.lua to load utilities.lua
  • Utilities folder (not all extensions in it are needed)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

The S44 one is rather more decoupled:

http://spring1944.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... ision=2821

Though that does cause an issue with select when toggling using /luarules normalmapping. Though I think that might have bene fixed in the new base files for 0.82+.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

herf derf
Attachments
L1A1_wip1.jpg
(24.27 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Cremuss wrote:things
Use 3ds to load stuff into upspring, obj is super not good for that, though perhaps you might not have to use upspring at all with Springs new nifty abilities to use different file formats (dont ask me how).

These are utterly, utterly stunning though. Ive never seen a perfectly static base look so good.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Saktoth wrote:
Cremuss wrote:things
Use 3ds to load stuff into upspring, obj is super not good for that, though perhaps you might not have to use upspring at all with Springs new nifty abilities to use different file formats (dont ask me how).

These are utterly, utterly stunning though. Ive never seen a perfectly static base look so good.
thanks,

UpSpring has never really worked on linux, it was working with wine but not anymore with recent version so I just can't use upspring and s3o anymore. Obj is the way :-)

jK > thank you, I'll try soon :wink:
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Oh so you have managed to import the obj files directly into Spring have you? Thats pretty neat. But there are still problems?

If you are planning on calling the game 'evolve' though, that may have issues with Evolution RTS and War Evo already.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Yep, .obj parser is a new feature of the lastest spring. It's still a bit sketchy but already promising.

About the name, I don't know yet but I like "evolvere". It means "To develop or expand" in latin but it's actually more a codename than the real name.

PS : jK, FLOZi > humm, I tried both CA's and Spring1944's normal mapping implementation but I don't have any normals maps rendered :X
Spring is loading gadgets, no error, everything fines, I don't have any missing files but no normal maps in game. Do you think that it can be because I use .OBJ units and/or .tga textures ?

Code: Select all

uar_solar1.tga
uar_solar2.tga
uar_solar_normals.tga
Am I doing any mistakes ?
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Nice FAL spiked, what game is this for?
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Cremuss wrote:Yep, .obj parser is a new feature of the lastest spring. It's still a bit sketchy but already promising.

About the name, I don't know yet but I like "evolvere". It means "To develop or expand" in latin but it's actually more a codename than the real name.

PS : jK, FLOZi > humm, I tried both CA's and Spring1944's normal mapping implementation but I don't have any normals maps rendered :X
Spring is loading gadgets, no error, everything fines, I don't have any missing files but no normal maps in game. Do you think that it can be because I use .OBJ units and/or .tga textures ?

Code: Select all

uar_solar1.tga
uar_solar2.tga
uar_solar_normals.tga
Am I doing any mistakes ?
The gadget works by grabbing the texture name out of s3os, so using OBJ is the problem.

(also with the S44 version the number truncation is commented out (as we have many units like T-34, SU-76 etc which end in numbers) and it only reads texture1, so you'd use uar_solar1_normals.tga, unless you uncommented lines 71-73)
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

can has suggestions of technique to improve the look of these windows?

no specular / bump on this yet, im planning to make the windows very reflective, but i feel theres probably something i can do with the texture to improve their look prior to adding additional maps

Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

SpikedHelmet wrote:herf derf
Assault Squad? :wink:

Return to “Art & Modelling”