Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 308

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Re: Random WIP

Post by Neddie »

I was talking to you, Saktoth, as you had posted the last model. She is what I use as the default/general pronoun for uncertain sentients, and as this appears to be part of the Spherefamily, I assume there is a plot-sentience in it.

Not that hard to follow.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

You dont get much more masculine than massive shoulders, though i suppose perhaps this is a lady-gaga bot or something who is into the shoulder pads.

Anyway they look quite different ingame:
I've done a lot of work on this one to get it visible but not lose any of the detail (like the earlier jK edit), the teamcolour sort of pops out a bit much but it helps with visibility. Other than that, i just want to preserve as much of WiE's excellent texture as possible while ensuring its visible at all distances.

The texture changes i am talking about are to attempt to differentiate this new spherebot from others, and yeah i think a new colour is a good idea. I have thus far just been recycling the texture, which is really pretty lazy. Then again, this guy will be cloaked most of the time so perhaps its not worth the effort.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Anyway they look quite different
that's what blacks and asians say about themselves but you know how it is....
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Doublepost YEAH. An update:
Energy blade.
With greebles?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

the weapon looks awesome, but could u show the model in front view?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

manolo_ wrote:the weapon looks awesome, but could u show the model in front view?
Its just the normal old spherebot man, boot up CA perv at it there.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

so u tricked me by just changing the weapon^^
EatMyShrapnel

Post by EatMyShrapnel »

Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

yop :)

No, it's not a foot from a super giant robot, it's a toe from a super mega giant robot :roll:
I thought it was obvious :roll:

Seriously, it's a research center. I suppose it's a bit strange right now but it's more obvious in motion :)

Saktoth > humm yeah everything will be release free but not yet sorry :-)
Also, is your guy going to fight with that blade ? Melee fight works in spring ?

Updates : 25 models done now. I may redo some of them, like wind gen cause the design is boring and not really innovative.

Some lights, no AO, no renders, RT screenshots from blender viewport. 150-400 tris for light/low/non advanced units, 400-900 for medium/advanced, 900-1400 for bigs

ImageImage

I got one question but I don't want to make a new thread for it :D
I'd like to make factories like in supcom, the unit being construced on the fac. Am I able to do that ? because right now I think every factories avaible in every mods builds units directly on ground, right ?

Hope you like it :-)
d-gun

Re: Re:

Post by d-gun »

Neddie wrote:
Sheekel wrote:First decent attempt at a texture, its shitty. Comments/tips?

Just a blast from the past. What happened to this project?
i switched to Unity 3D

[edit] ps im sheek btw
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

like does not beginn to describe it, okay, lets make a plan, first i see a doctor that gets my jaw back into its place, second visit is a carpet layer, getting the drool out of the ruined floor, third is re-visit this thread.

Srsly Cremuss, we see lots of Hi-Qualitystuff here, even some neat texturing, but always at this eyewatering level, and with such a designline seen through, very, very very impressiv. I can only hope, to have archieved the same, once im finnished with my work.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Cremuss wrote:I got one question but I don't want to make a new thread for it :D
I'd like to make factories like in supcom, the unit being construced on the fac. Am I able to do that ? because right now I think every factories avaible in every mods builds units directly on ground, right ?

Hope you like it :-)
Very nice and clear textures, excellent models => impressive work. It like it.

For the factories: you can define the point (empty part) of your factory model where your units will be built:
QueryBuildInfo(piecenum)
{ piecenum = createpoint; }
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

nice models crem :D i can fap to these
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i cba to open blender after seeing stuff like this >>

whats the texture size ?
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Wow, those models are amazing, Cremuss.

My only (small) suggestion is that the ICBM launcher looks a little too similar to the Geothermal. Maybe make some small changes to differentiate it some more?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

The problem is the unit falls to the ground the moment its finished. So you have to have it end on an open, accessible piece of terrain.

Who is going to do the coding and scripting for your game crem? Or you going to do that yourself? Id say its a lot of work, but considering what a monster you are at making models i wouldnt put it past you.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

The problem is the unit falls to the ground the moment its finished. So you have to have it end on an open, accessible piece of terrain.
To make a unit walk off a raised platform down a ramp manipulate the terrain below the factory model to make the ramp. Carrepairer has implemented something like this with walls. It seems very easy to do if you use lua unit scripts but should also be easy as a gadget.

If you want moving platforms (like the supcomm human airplant when it makes cons) it is better scripted.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Google_Frog wrote:
To make a unit walk off a raised platform down a ramp manipulate the terrain below the factory model to make the ramp. Carrepairer has implemented something like this with walls. It seems very easy to do if you use lua unit scripts but should also be easy as a gadget.

If you want moving platforms (like the supcomm human airplant when it makes cons) it is better scripted.
What if the building gets destroyed/reclaimed? Can the ground be returned to to the state it was before the factory was built?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Could you not just pick up the unit the way a transport does with an arm and plonk it down on the nearest free spot? If such a spot is a part of the factories yardmap then hurrah!
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it :wink:

Hum, ok it sounds doable :-)
Manipulating the terrain bellow seems the right way to achieve that but, yeah, can the ground be "reseted" if the fac is destroyed ?

Hobo Joe > yeah true that shapes of the ICBM and geotherm are very similar but I think that the textures are different enough to quickly identify ingame what is what. I don't think I'll tweak them, cause I like these two units and lots of others units needs to be done first :mrgreen:

Saktoth > I can do basics lua unit scripts but I surely will need 1 or 2 lua coders when time to code ans scripts will come :P . I know that making a game means a lot of works, but it's something that I really really want to do, it's also something I already tried and failed so I think I know what I'm dealing with :twisted:

Wombat > 256 for non-advanced/light/low power units, 512 for all others

AF > sounds good too :)

Return to “Art & Modelling”