Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 8

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

O.o

Where the hell have you been Lathan? Hehe
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

wow, I have been hiding in a hole.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Damn swamp hermits, now I know where they get their uber amazing swamp-like maps from...
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

no wai man, they didn't get nuthin, I took it from em, thats where I got the mazing swamp maps from
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I have ben working on my animation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJQIdOaZa4

It dosn't wiggle sideways maybe I should add that in as well but I'm happy with the result for now. The 4 legged thing I have decided to let it lift 1 leg at a time like the AT-ATs in star wars, switch the front legs to bend outwards, but I havn't decided how to animate it's body movements... It needs to have an impression of weight...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

textures a bit bland, but it looks perfectly fine to me...

Damn nice lookin mech, wait til I...

never mind, I don't have mechs in my mod :(

Oh well, I may make one for randomness's sake, and when I do, you better watch it :twisted:

Like I said, me and zpock keep it alive :roll:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

The animation script is really good, texture... is it even textured yet? and looks of it... NO. Clearly not my taste, because it looks like the inbred child of Mickey Mouse and a MadCat.

Is it supposed to be a MadCat? If it is, then it needs some improvements here and there.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

As the keen eye observed the texture is not done.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Is there an alpha.. beta.. whathave you test version of this mod anywhere zpock Id be interested in looking at some of this stuff, and how you did some of it..
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

The dumb fire missles are pretty cool, but they all seem to hit a little close together. Maybe it'd be neater if they had a wider area they pepper. Just my thoughts.

DAmn that's a nice mech. Reminds me of the Elemental unit from Battletech. Animation is a top notch.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Holy crap is that walk anim silky.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

I like the mech. I just noticed the tracks he leaves are from someone with small feet. Not the big, slow tred this mech has and his large leaps :)
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I have redone the walk script for the 4 legged thingie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5jtx-q3eM

50 frames this time... meaning I actually manually copy/pasted 14*50 = 700 numbers :roll: This means there's no chance in hell I'm redoing it.

It's really slow now... but I don't want to speed up the animation.. so either it stays that way or i make it even bigger (->faster).

The texture is a placeholder (pewee from upsring), looks really cool tough.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

How did you get that sound effect in there! I demand to know, so it can be done in other mods!

And that is one cool looking mod you're making there.
smoth

Post by smoth »

how does it handle turning? I know large objects in spring can look a little silly turning.
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

looking really good, still needs some kinda distinguishable feature on the front of it if you ask me... though that can be fun that way, if you see one, you don't know if its attacking, or running... could add some amusement to games.. :P

and slow is fine, just give it armor and a massive amount of damage...
with its weapons that high, it should do ok even in rubble.. it'll shoot over 90% of it. :wink:

by the way, it reminds me of a rhino for some reason, like the fake one on Ace Ventura. lol :lol:
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Zoombie wrote:How did you get that sound effect in there! I demand to know, so it can be done in other mods!
Look into the "Make Playsound local" discussion in Feature Requests.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

smoth wrote:how does it handle turning? I know large objects in spring can look a little silly turning.
It dosn't, i guess I could make a secondary (less refined) turn animation or something.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Since it's possible to know in what direction the unit is turning and the turning angle is you could make a different animation when it turns. Tell me if you're interested.
smoth

Post by smoth »

BLAH!

Return to “Art & Modelling”