smoth's junk. - Page 5

smoth's junk.

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: smoth's junk.

Post by PicassoCT »

Armored against Annhilation, some of it even total? Finally, we got him to his knees..
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The bullets being up top aren't too big a deal since Smoth can get away with plenty of gravity defying stunts in his models now that he's specified the Arx power cores have variable antigrav fields, he can have a floating 100 tonne anvil supported by an umbrella rod if he so wishes, but only that faction for the moment, the other factions are still prone to my gravity bending photoshop skills
smoth

Post by smoth »

The minigungun mech is a behemoth corp mech
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

will it have ammonition chain explosions upon destruction.. i always longed for these... the wreck on the ground still rattling from explosives, bullets going into every direction..
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

AF wrote:The bullets being up top aren't too big a deal since Smoth can get away with plenty of gravity defying stunts in his models now that he's specified the Arx power cores have variable antigrav fields, he can have a floating 100 tonne anvil supported by an umbrella rod if he so wishes, but only that faction for the moment, the other factions are still prone to my gravity bending photoshop skills
It will have no weight but it will still have mass in the sense of momentum. Unless he's majicking away that as well, in which case I will have no more to do with this nonesense.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

how about nanoforges, who scavenge the robot once the ammonition runs out. Eating armourplates, cables, all just to keep the fireworks up
smoth

Post by smoth »

Das Bruce wrote:It will have no weight but it will still have mass in the sense of momentum. Unless he's majicking away that as well, in which case I will have no more to do with this nonesense.
I am no suggesting anything half as silly as af's anvils in umbrellas. Let me draw a few things out:
people like modern fps games... where the ranges are like nowhere near realistic. They like games with hitpoints. They like lots of things that are NONSENSE. If you don't like nonsense, stop gaming, FOREVER.

That being said. You want to have nothing more to do with this nonsense, be my guest. I have no posted any sort of gameplay yet for anything beyond some models and a very short description, which is work in progress. I am not hyping this as ultra realistic, or even completely realistic. You don't know, maybe this thing moves with a very heavy lumbering walk? maybe it's legs will put it fairly low to the ground? There are many ways that I can try and express weight and stability. I have made no promises and if you are too personally invested in my game, that is unhealthy. Ultimately, I WILL let you down somewhere, you have your ideas of how things should work and I will not 100% sacrifice for that.

I am not trying to hype at all. I am doing a game, with gameplay elements I think will be fun. I'd be happy to see some better suggestions on increasing the design's stability at the same time the reason the drums are staying is because they are simply the best solution I have right now to get me the gameplay I want. Rotating them 180 both made it look dumber and still doesn't result in better stability, the thing would have better stability if it was a tank which leads me to:

There are some people who would not be happy until the mechs are reduced to tanks with 2km minimum engagement distance and everything is icons on a country map. THAT is realism. Where you have tedious political affairs and have to worry about things like: soldiers burning books causing enemy troop count to rise and popular opinion back home etc. Maybe even a holy warrior slider to determine how much you want to play off the zany religion of your people boosting morale while entrenching your enemy further I am not making that game.

PicassoCT wrote:will it have ammonition chain explosions upon destruction.. i always longed for these... the wreck on the ground still rattling from explosives, bullets going into every direction..
PicassoCT wrote:how about nanoforges, who scavenge the robot once the ammonition runs out. Eating armourplates, cables, all just to keep the fireworks up
No to all. How about waiting until I post a game then getting excited, I am not interested in new ideas, I have ENOUGH work to do with the current ones. At least a year's worth.

Keep in mind just because I am not posting progress doesn't mean things are not happening. Although this week and last week have had some serious professional obligations, I have fit in work but none of it is going to be visible anyway.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Sorry, I didn't come across as tongue in cheek as I was hoping.
smoth

Post by smoth »

still interested in trying to resolve the dissonance if I can.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Personally I think it looks good and I don't get all these realism arguments, they're all just based on assumptions from looking at a model. Yes the top is bigger and contains the ammunition but you can't see mass which is only related to size by density, and thats up in the air. These are works of fiction/art and I'd rather just see whats coming next.
smoth

Post by smoth »

next will be texturing.
knorke

Post by knorke »

flip the thing around so that ammo drums are under the guns.
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote:
Das Bruce wrote:I'd like to see it with the barrels underneath.
Looked like elephant ears.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

put them around the crotch! ;)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I was quite looking forward to Anvils and umbrellas, I shall have to ask Picasso..

But yes looking forward to seeing more of this
smoth

Post by smoth »

Will be a bit, I started the uv map the other night, I'd post it but really there isn't a lot to show until I start texturing.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Mechas arent real...
right.

Anyways, I can't wait for the texture work smoth keep up the awesome work. You still going to keep us updated?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

bobthedinosaur wrote:
Mechas arent real...
right.
bullshit!

http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/30/real-l ... h-a-smile/

kinda wished they unloaded a couple of BB volleys into the crowd
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

smoth wrote:If you don't like nonsense, stop gaming, FOREVER.
Okay then Mr. I-spend-hours-making-my-fluff-and-designs-logically-consistent :regret:
smoth

Post by smoth »

You working on that thing yet peet?

Return to “Art & Modelling”