Need help with an odly shaped Tank Turret

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Basically i am trying to model that cut scene/picture model

Yet the turret gives me head aches i am spending several hours of trying to get a similar shape.

Does anybody know of an Tank/Turret that looks pretty much like this?
Or an much clearer higher resolution picture
smoth

Re: Need help with an odly shaped Tank Turret

Post by smoth »

tiny picture of the reference picture in your modeling program ask for help modeling reference picture ...

why you no post reference picture instead.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

sorry forget those one

i couldn't be able to open/extract the wd file to give a cleaner screen shots so i had to do this on the menu neither i couldn't find it on searching the internet

smoth

Post by smoth »

I cannot really tell based on those pictures but it looks like pretty simple geometry. I think it is a sloped surface and not a saw toothed one like you are interpreting it.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

smoth wrote:I cannot really tell based on those pictures but it looks like pretty simple geometry. I think it is a sloped surface and not a saw toothed one like you are interpreting it.
The saw toothed shape that i did i tried to recreate the turret by first drawing an 2D shape and then later size it's Z axis, which failed i had other Turret model but they failed as well, and no Geo-Dome with any option looked even close to it.

At the first time i did the turret the only picture i got was some blurry crap (due the fact that all their videos were pretty much small, Smaller then the one from Tiberian Dawn!)

This one. Obviously it is scaled if you zoom it in you see very clear cubicles scaled pixel squished weirdly.

Taking pictures directly from the video (Earth 2150: not Lost Soul or Moon Project) doesn't look much better either

And i just could get those screen shot because i got the Lost soul now.

If Fang would be still there he might be glad at it because Afaik all the ED tank turret model looked somewhat similar to the ingame you get and not pictures (at least that was it on 0.46 no idea on the older one with much differenter models). I could be also wrong be with that since i din't touched E&E for years...

Return to “Art & Modelling”