mesh deform

mesh deform

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Wombat

mesh deform

Post by Wombat »

well, same as GMN, i would love to play with mesh deform. every time i want to do something organic, i think 'meh, whats the point' :(

so, any chance we will see it in the nearest future ? it would be another big step in developement since knork's resource harvesting :(

xmass gift for me plox ? im too old to get candys :cry:
Mr. Bob

Re: mesh deform

Post by Mr. Bob »

I can not overstate how useful mesh deform and the ability to import actual animations into the engine would be.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Very useful, of course.

I'd prefer to see per-object textures first, but I understand the reasons why we don't have such a thing currently that leads me to believe it will be a huge project to add something even as taken for granted as that.

All I'm saying is, patience is a virtue.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

FLOZi wrote:I'd prefer to see per-object textures first
oh forgot about this one !

my main question is - is it even on the 'to do' list ? what are the chances we will ever see it in spring? coz of spring games i start getting 'Cremuss syndrome', and i find modeling organic stuff much funnier than robots (like these bob's bugs, wc3-a-like models i love)
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Of course, as much as mesh deform would be incredibly useful, I still think the biggest area that needs improvement is pathing.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Well, these two problems will attract entirely different types of programmers to solve them. You can request both in the same time frame.
d-gun

Post by d-gun »

mtr?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Monthly topic rotation

While the obvious counter to this request is that mesh deformation on a scale of thousands or hundreds of units has performance issues, Im surprised nobodies said this, as has been put forward for IK. Theres nothing stopping a successful project that has the scale of Dawn Of War I or smaller in this engine.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

AF wrote:Theres nothing stopping a successful project that has the scale of Dawn Of War I or smaller in this engine.
except the lack of mesh deform? or what... im confused now.

Return to “Art & Modelling”