Post by Karl »

dumping pictures and showing off the log yo

Medium Vehicle 2 Missile Launcher Artillery in action

one more...
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Re: PzSl Development Thread

Post by Karl »

now they need a just a light metal synthesizer and I think a few more buildings aswell units... I think I should tune down the texture brightness a bit looks a bit cartoonish
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

actually a little cartoonishness is not bad- i ventured too far on the grim/dark realism side with the centrail.. result.. the troopers are barely visible from orbit..

The problem with realism is, that camo actually works..

Thus, clever use of anticamo.. (glowing eyes, bright coloured troop insignia) completely wrong camo (snow-camo in dessert, dessert-camo in city)

Its not easy beein green..
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

PicassoCT wrote:actually a little cartoonishness is not bad- i ventured too far on the grim/dark realism side with the centrail.. result.. the troopers are barely visible from orbit..
meh, there is a wupget that gives units a colored "shoot me" circle around their ground as a fake-shadow

The tank is just a visual replacement of the medium tank 1
and the building is their metul generator
smoth

Post by smoth »

the metal gen looks too ota derivative/uninteresting. I would put some work into making it look like a real structure. If the tanks have their current level of detail the buildings will look that much more bland unless you put some time into them
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

PE Level/Tier-2 constructeur with 50mm cannon
In case you are wondering no this game is not death, just I dont feel bothered much developing it

and just made a small post to prevent the forum getting locked because I forget posting crap due to slow nature

stuff left remaining/reminder: tweak stuff, add some level 2 units, maybe more neutral buildings, maybe infantry, more boom boom effect

http://imgur.com/CqxLt1S,MZzAIMZ

Meh, doing level 2 factory for dem walkers
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Bumpy

http://imgur.com/a/ZmXr1#0

dumdidum....

Walker HQ (WiP shit)

>tfw when shitty games gets more attention than half-way good made mods/games
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

bump

replacement model für der Abfänger building
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

missile silo detected :)
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

PicassoCT wrote:missile silo detected :)
wat, thats a missile interceptor

more piccy dump:

It will be a replacement for the radar tower which is going to be towable as well
smoth

Post by smoth »

why do several renders when 1 perspective, front, side and rear image will do.

also what is the dish? Why not a radar dome? That looks like a satcom trailer
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

smoth wrote:why do several renders when 1 perspective, front, side and rear image will do.
hm I do it in the next time then
smoth wrote: also what is the dish? Why not a radar dome? That looks like a satcom trailer
Because it is supposed to be a radar trailer + you cannot watch 10 hours on a radar dome spinning its radars compared to "naked" ones

picture related:
http://i60.fastpic.ru/big/2013/1029/60/ ... b96160.jpg
smoth

Post by smoth »

that is a long range directional radar not a radius based one isn't it?
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

smoth wrote:that is a long range directional radar not a radius based one isn't it?
radius based one

my game isn't going to use any sort of gadget for now.

realistically speaking most of the radar is actually directional based but it also depends how it got constructed like multiple radars or just fixed one in 4-8 directions or so
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

dae model test
after messing around with bit I could managed to get this

I will be going to trash Upspring for my workflow now as it has alot of flaws and not enough direct control compared to Blender

the only problem I have atm is how to get those models scaled properly as they are smaller than a tree now and maybe toying around with the animator export plugin or however it was named again so that the walkers doesn't look like they are skiing

Edit: Figured out how to uniform scaling the models which seems to work very well so far, I still need to figure animations however

For the proper release I will try to keep the unit amount at minimum which should be sufficient enough for T1-2 land battles
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

oy, I toyed around with Krita and seems to be a kinda nice, but it seems to lack plugins/brushes stuffs? oh well.

What I really like about it that it has a wrap around feature which means it is possible to make seamless texture on it directly, and not having to fiddle around with various techniques to make a texture seamless

hmm I gotta work a bit on the camo pattern, it doesnt look that good

my game is not dead I am just busy doing other stuff, I might make some progress on this christmas I think
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

ingame:

damn I like the assimp support, much less hassle compared with upspring, hm I guess it could use on it some animation , some smoothing fixed it by checking the apply modifiers option and unchecking edge angle and a bit better UV alignment.

Panzer Elite tier 1 metal extractor.
From now on I am going to use KaiserJ lego atlas texture, with some modification
which also means it is going to take a while retexturing all the other unit but it should be worth it.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

PE's Medium Heavy Tank type A
some change on its weapon:
it will have a 140x200mm HEAT low velocity gun, which fires fast but inaccurate, should work well against light armored target, somewhat against medium armed target and poorly against heavy targets.

And a missile pack of 2x2 instead of 2x1, the missile priority target are Aircraft otherwise ground targets
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Light AT Gun Emplacement and Coal Power Plant

The AT Gun Emplacement doesn't have much health so you should spread it around the area and not packing it tight groups so that they arent quickly destroyed by projectiles with large splash damage.

I plan making all gun emplacement to be morphable into a box thing which you can transport it around the area via your vehicles/tanks.

The Coal Power Plant will generate you a steady energy income and can be packed into groups as they dont explode violently when destroyed, it cannot be said the same for the Nuclear Power Plant so you should place them far away from each other, unless you like that they cause a chain reaction.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Light Armored Fighting Vehicle B1 with 20mm Autocannon; 7.62mm Machine Gun + 3x Light Rocket Launcher (Artillery)
Light Combat Truck A1 with 7.62mm Machine Gun

Return to “PanzerStahl”