THIS (WIP 7 release) - Page 5

THIS (WIP 7 release)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Hoi

Re: THIS (WIP 4 release)

Post by Hoi »

Forboding Angel wrote:Well SVN is a repository. Spring SVN often refers to the nightly builds that are automatically made from Springs SVN (svn stands for subversion repository).

SVN is where all the latest and greatest stuff is (and in many cases, buggy new stuff :-)).
thats close to what i said:)
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

for the problem of LOS circles getting to solid when there are too many units, maybe it'll be better if they were empty circles as opposed to solid ones?

My reported problem with carrier not building fighters and game crash is on a non-SVN version.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

THIS won't work on spring 0.76, nothing can be done about that.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

And if you bothered properly reading his first post it states he uses SVN features, so if you didn't know what it was you should have looked it up really.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Im surprised nobody has taken the time to write a gadget that disables all the other gadgets and shows a 'you must be using a later version of spring' image.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Blog about it, perhaps someone will step up then
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

where to get a copy of SVN to try this out?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

goduranus

Post by goduranus »

tks.

edit: the ais don't work now, it says wrong engine interface version
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

You need the AIs built for the svn Spring. Are there none in the installer? (Also, I doubt they will work good if at all with THIS anyway).
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

No AI will work with THIS. The AIs are written to play TA, they have no chance at dealing with THIS.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Where is the file?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/THIS%20WIP4.2.zip[/url]

That's the latest public version. I'm experimenting with torpedoes in my local version but I'm not sure they're a good idea since the original design doesn't include them and they'd end up pretty grafted on.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: THIS (WIP 5 release)

Post by KDR_11k »

[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/THIS%20WIP5.sd7[/url]

Okay, new version. If you haven't got the map you need one of the previous versions that come with it.

Lots of changes, I don't remember all of them but I did nerf plasma weapons vs big targets (less damage boost) and added torpedoes to big ships that do quite a lot of damage but can be shot down (big ships only use them on other big ships, the new torp bombers can shoot at anything). I think the torpedoes have a detonation distance that prevents them from hitting small ships with full force even when fired at them but on big ships they do the full damage (and the antimatter warheads work well vs small ships too).

Oh and I did nerf the advanced automation perk for global builds (only a 15% build time reduction instead of 50%, build times on carriwers remain halved) since I figure that in the late game the buildtime for those large things is the bottleneck and a player who can spit them out faster would have a big advantage. The Comet had its lasers replaced with kinetic weapons as the lasers were too good at intercepting torpedoes.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

I know you've got quite a few interesting projects going at the moment. Are you improving this mod for the sake of a tech demo, or do you plan to release something feature/unit complete?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I work mostly on a what-I-feel-like-doing basis so I improve mods when I have ideas and motivation for that.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Oh, damn, I already issued a WIP5... Guess I'll have to rename the 77b1-compatibility update to WIP6 or something.

[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/THIS%20WIP6.zip[/url]

Should be just some tiny updates so it'll work with the final version of 77b1 again, if that gets a release soon the bump will probably help a bit too.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: THIS (WIP 6 release)

Post by KDR_11k »

Okay, because something went FAIL with the lobby handling of validmaps.lua I've uploaded a version of WIP6 without that file:

Just the mod sd7:
[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/THIS%20WIP6a.sd7[/url]

With the map:
[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/THIS%20WIP6a.zip[/url]

It can be used until the lobbies get fixed.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Custom formations doesn't work. It looks like default movement and custom formations are being overridden by a gadget, if so could it become a widget so people can choose. The forced formations clump ships too much, the direction can't be controlled and they can't bend. I ended up spending most of my time manually spreading out my ships.

The radar resolution perk makes radar break. The bottom 1/3 of the map become uncovered by radar and it looks like the resolution has only been increased vertically.

Could some indication of income be added to the UI?

It would be good if perks had a better explanation of their effects. If they affect a weapontype name which ships use that type.

Balance wise torpedo ships look UP because the torpedo is very easy to kill.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The direction can actually be controlled, when you drag a line the arrow indicates the forward direction. It might be possible to use a widget instead but I couldn't figure out how (was hard enough to make the current system).

Gravidar resolution increase works perfectly fine for me (it shows the actual grav data, the regular view is mosaiced), are you playing on some strange map perhaps?

I've got a display for planet income and total income on my todo list (would show a number above every planet plus a line to the unit that's effecting the number and a list of how many planets of which income class you have). It's probably not intuitive that regular ships give +5, carriers +20 and starbases +25 income from a planet (highest value is used, no stacking).

Guess I could list the ships that have each weapontype a perk affects, except maybe for mass drivers (almost all ships have a kinetic gun somewhere). Listing the effects of the more guns perk would be very long though.

Torpedo ships (at least the small ones) can be set to volley fire which makes them fire 12 torpedoes in one burst. If you have trouble overcoming point defenses that may be a good option.

Return to “Game Releases”