THIS (WIP 7 release) - Page 3

THIS (WIP 7 release)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Erom

Re: THIS (WIP 1 release)

Post by Erom »

Generic, but sincere, statement of anticipation and support. Will test posted package for worky/no worky voidwater on older cards when I get home.
smoth

Post by smoth »

hamsate wrote:A good mod you got here, really showing how what Spring can be used for besides the TA-like mods.
:\
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

hamsate wrote:A good mod you got here, really showing how what Spring can be used for besides the TA-like mods.

I know it's not done, but just got one quick question. I'm not able to produce fighters with the carriers. Is that part still being done or have I just not figured out how to do it..

Great mod, keep it up. :wink:
you forgot SWS, S44, KP, Gundam, Epic Legions, EE, OP, etc etc. (though nothing as *different* as this)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

And about three or four other mini mods from KDR.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Alright, I'm doing something dumb:

The download link for SVN spring isn't working, and when I try to copy the provided spring.exe from THIS wip1 over the spring.exe in a 76b1 install it crashes 'cause it's missing libvorbisfile-cs.dll

Can I just hunt down the missing dll somewhere, or is this approach just not going to work?

EDIT: Further hunting indicates this is a know problem. With UF up in smoke, is there any source for libvorbisfile out there in the springverse?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Yeah, I put up an SVN compile a few days ago with all necessary DLLs.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Thanks for hosting that, rattle. Getting a load of errors with the mod (voidwater is broke, skybox is broke, model textures showing up garbled across the top of the map (???), can't click on perks (and thus get the game rolling) ect.) I assume something is wrong on my end, will investigate when not at work.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Haven't come across any issues, though I use an older SVN install which I update manually from time to time.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Indeed, I was using the wrong start script - the game starts up, perks work, and the whole thing is _very_ cool. Still has graphical glitches, but is totally playable.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

TheRegisteredOne wrote:though nothing as *different* as this
You forgot Fibre.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/downloads/vi ... N+5587.rar

This version seems to work, might be possible to test THIS with that.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: THIS (WIP 2 release)

Post by KDR_11k »

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/downloads/vi ... S+WIP2.zip

I don't think multiplayer works now but meh, I felt like pushing the progress I made since WIP1 out there.

Changes (what I can remember, it's WIP so there are craptons of changes):
- Ranges and speeds reduced (including the capture range around a planet) to make the map act larger.
- Buildtimes on large ships reduced, some cost adjustments as well.
- Small ships leave trails now that are color coded to their main weapon type.
- Units now move into a formation when given a move or fight order (collide=0 -> all units move into the space of one unit, being vulnerable to AOE damage). You may notice large ships and Warhammers moving short of the place you clicked, they're pretty far back in the formation and positions aren't adjusting to fewer units yet.
- Secondary weapons on small ships now have the same firearc as the main gun so the units will turn towards a target automatically instead of requiring micro to make sure the main gun fires.
- Muzzleflares for kinetic weapons added, effect changes if the massdrivers perk is used.
- Queues are now linked lists instead of tables so they will properly maintain their order.
- New perk: Inventive. A ship will get extra HP if it was built later in the game (currently 3% per minute).
- New perk: EMP missiles. Your missiles do paralysis damage to enemies in a certain radius.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: THIS (WIP 2 release)

Post by KDR_11k »

http://evolutionrts.info/random/spring5627custom.7z
Spring Custom: 3x less crashing

Lurker compiled this build, we did some testing and it seems stable.

Of course THIS is pretty imbalanced right now.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: THIS (WIP 3 release)

Post by KDR_11k »

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/downloads/vi ... S+WIP3.zip

Just an econ rebalance, planets now produce only 5 per second, carriers boost it to 20 and starbases to 25. This means you can't just keep pushing with your carrier early on since you'll lose a lot of income.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

oh god, this is so cool... i came.

kdr can I steal some of your lua? pls pls pls?

/2 seconds later
holy crap! I jsut realized what all I could do with the power that is encased in this Game. *me faints*
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I noticed I left the sounds I was trying out in there BTW, they're taken from Evo because someone said I should do that, I hope you don't mind?

As the Lua says, it's public domain. Just be careful, it has only been tested with SVN and the trails and carrier building gadgets use an SVN-only callout (GetUnitEmitPosDir). It's not strictly necessary if you use another logic to get the position but you have to replace it to make that work in 76b1.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

oh dude, that's fine. Evo is released as CC which says pretty much you can do whatever you want with it as long as you call it something other than evolution rts.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

There are 6 CC licenses which all conflict with each other and mean wildly different things, please make sure you make it clear which licence you're actually using rather than quoting the name of the non profit organisation that devised them.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

god forbid that you run the installer and actually look for yourself...
Creative Commons: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States

You are free:

* to Share - to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work

* to Remix -to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:

*Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

*Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

*Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
* Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
* Apart from the remix rights granted under this license, nothing in this license impairs
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

After playing THIS for quite a while yesterday, all I can say is.... WIN!!!

Return to “Game Releases”