Journeywar - Page 27

Journeywar

PicassoCT's stunning mixture of game design and psychedelia, for your enjoyment!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Journeywar

Post by PicassoCT »

Dunno... Flying Stones.. thats not my thing...
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

well it can be even spinning dildo, u can use anything
knorke

Post by knorke »

somehow lost one of my buildings (It should have been among the citadells buildinglist) but vannished without a trace (cant even cheat it in, although the modell is there, the unit.lua is there and the textures are there)
infolog should have a message or maybe you just used the same unitname twice.
building will grow beneath it out of the ground
lol i post it again

Also during construction you could spawn a unit on top the unit being constructed which could be used for all kind of effects: scaffolds, a box where the units gets unpacked from, ...

Problem is size, construction_PlaceholderUnit would have to be quit large. And high. Or i could have Teleporter going upwards. Need to draw this.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

submarine titans had cool shitz
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

linkz?

Also i'm currently brainstorming on interesting weapon ideas...
Planned are:

Stealing the GravityGun from ZeroK, adding it as weapon for the Shroushrike

Stealing the Smoke from Gundam making it a weapon for the MTW

Equipping the Soldier with a Machinegun (will have to customize those sfx too (boolbooring=true)) and timedelayed Grenades (rewarding against unmicroed enemys)

Timedelayed Bombs also go for the Chopper (yes, they will beep)

Gamagardener gets his Radiation Hat which will result in force-cut-down, sized-up riottank behaviour already seen in zerok

The antimater tank is currently under bombardment by reality - but hey, i posted it in a physicist board and they came up with some awesome alternatives (mini-blackholes+antimater(inverysmall amounts)

Finally drone Weapons for the Citadell and the Gatefortress (basically aimed rockets with customized projektiles and glowing trails (goto steal that from smoth)

Also the Snipers Lazor (Gatefortress and CombinedFeatures) -> Basically a blue, near invisible lazor, that shuts down the moment the shot is fired and results in a invisible explosion throwing the victim back.

Really hard: The Hedgehog... after all, that guy shoots miniature BigBangs.. so you get a expanding sphere, with a really, fast fast forwarding version of the universe BigBang, Expansion, Galaxiation, Re-Collaps...

Finally- lazors with a dark core and a bright outside.. some of the crime contaiment capsules will use those...
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Textured lvl1 Unitfactory (I killed the dioramas - and yes, even moar fringing)

Some updates... well im learning programing, but it goes slow. Seems i dont have the right mind for it. Normal mind starts like a car, drives down a road of logic, arrives at destination.

My mind starts, explodes like a series of carbombings down the street, arriving at destination. The Result is- if you look on the statistics only, nearly the same (both times a car and a human beeing arrive), i just need a dozend approaches moar then normal people.

What is next? Well i have to give every model a second tour. I need to reset some pivots, need to adjust healthbars, unitvalues, test some small scale stuff before progressing further. Wont hear from me for quite some time.

Also thx to razorblade who tought me how to include chickens (which i will replace with some of the journeymancreeps.

Had a go myself, after smoth made the suggestion to get the Symbol inside the Title (Brilliant Idea)...

Still needs some work, but is heading into the right direction..

JourNeyWar
Attachments
HumbleLogoCombineAttempt.jpg
(84.45 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Aleph.7z
(11.05 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
inspiredj.jpg
(134.98 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Tada: New Logo, and even moar awesome, again thanks to smoth.

Now all i need is a mod as high quality as the logo :D
Attachments
newlogo.jpg
(37.27 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Factory is ingame... but still doesent completely work like a factory..
Attachments
Title.jpg
(807.69 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
OPisafactory.jpg
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Factory now works like a factory... thx to carRepairers advices. Also redesigning the Lvl2 Farcaster.. doesent look Combine at all.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Recived some harsh art-style criticism today.

Sumarian Translation:
Main point was that my mod is to bright, and the gold doesent fit into the hl2 universe style.

I raised the counterpoint, that in the whole hl2 Story, you never glimps for a second the civilian part of the combine society, and that all those robbed riches of earth and other dimensions have to go somewhere.
Also there is brightness and beauty in the hl2 scenery, to contrast the dark combine stuff.

This point was considered invalid, stating that ".. if there would be a comine Brahman-caste, they surely would not dress in bright, lightfull colours. They would consider dark colours to be moar noble, like black marble, or silver with patina

Those are actually quite good points. Problem is .. they are raised to late. Will try to redesign the remaining combine buildings to be darker.. moodier..

Agreement, disagreement? I know stylewise the tastes are quite diffrent throughout the world.
smoth

Post by smoth »

tell them piss off everything doesn't need to be gothed out
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Well, critic came from some people whos opinion i usually respect and i have a tendency to make everything tooo colourfull (remember my maps) but on the other hand, there are cultures like japan and southkorea, and african arts, whos products are allowed to have every colour imagineable. And every mod is allowed to go nuts at least with tc. And even hl2s colours were not realistis, they were surrealistic (wich was intended- it should create the feeling of a dark dream)

Maybee ill just patina the gold (unrealistic) of the luxery buildings... they are the biggest brighters..
smoth

Post by smoth »

The maps are faded enough
This is an rts, having higher saturation is good for visuals
in an fps muted colors are good because it makes explosions and flashes more dramatic.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Good points. Thx Smoth.
knorke

Post by knorke »

everything brighter than everything else!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Maybe life is like a ride on a freeway
Dodging bullets while you're trying to find your way
Everyone's around, but no one does a damn thing
It brings me down, but I won't let them

If I seem bleak
Well you'd be correct
And if I don't speak
It's cause I can't disconnect
But I won't be burned by the reflection
Of the fire in your eyes
As you're staring at the sun
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

what smoth said.
i can see that the critics guy has some point, regarding realism, but following his advise would make your game much more a common-thing and boring.
you may argument that combines are dull, order following creatures with a dark mind. or maybe they get forced to live that way at their workplace, and for healthy contrast, make their free-time be different. ;-)
please don't change that!

after all, we are living in places like these:

and working in paces like this:
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Picasso, I will weep if I ever see you post an image of some kind of new, boring, dull object that I can see in any other game out there. Keep up your thing man!

But only if you want to of course :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Wait HL2? Dim dull stuff? I thought this was uber strange uber interesting uber shiny picassoware, I want my money back!

*The cookie investment bank will not be happy to hear this*
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Sorry there is a unexpected error in Refund.dll

CookieMonster get this stuf fixxed. Dont you worry, good Sir, our tech Department is storing your payment most carefully.

Currently no big advances. Everything slows down, as Picasso gathers speed.

Return to “Journeywar”