Journeywar - Page 35

Journeywar

PicassoCT's stunning mixture of game design and psychedelia, for your enjoyment!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Journeywar

Post by zwzsg »

Spring.IsUnitSelected is an unsynced command! You cannot use it in synced environnement!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

For the love of cookies, JPEG!!!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

To quote that mad emperor from gladiator:
Dont i entertain you?
Attachments
newerror-is-new.jpg
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

As always: Knorke started it! All Fame and blame got to him-

well used a tool i now i can handle today... and tada, the victory colum

basically for every enemy you finnish off, you get one of those (no matter which side you are one: fuck consistency) and can drop it wherever you please on the map

Problem what should it hold in the uplifted hand? Swoard? Flag? Another Head (there is allready one under the Boot)? A Torch?

Oh, and yes, you will be able to add your face to the statue. Smile on the photo. The enemy team said cheese.
Attachments
bettar.jpg
bettar.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
victorycolumn.jpg
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Switched to Mecurial for VersionControll.. im sick of keeping copys of phail allaround..
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

way to go!
not using git does not mean one has to live without the beauty of DSCM. :-)
smoth

Post by smoth »

looks like a fist pump.... no item needed.

also would be awesome if you could call these down from the sky have them crash into enemy structures with a resounding sound effect of "HEEEEEEEEEEEELLZ YEAH" "BOOOYAAAAAAH" and other assort shouts played at random
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth wrote:looks like a fist pump.... no item needed.

also would be awesome if you could call these down from the sky have them crash into enemy structures with a resounding sound effect of "HEEEEEEEEEEEELLZ YEAH" "BOOOYAAAAAAH" and other assort shouts played at random

Im thinking about randomized Items.

A hacked off head.
A swoard.
And the fist alone.

Guess ill give it a tons of lifepoints, so enemy defenses and units have to gnaw and chew on it for some time. The Centrail Ones fall from the Sky, the journeyOnes (Still WIP) break from the ground like a screw driven out of a material.

I know im breakin the feature Creep Law, but hell this is to simple of an effort resulting in to much fun to just skip it. Customizeable Faces + Some Plate to scribe your name. That will be a bit of a hassle, basically means exchanging textures before gamestarts.

Would be hell of a fun, if you could add customizeable win.wav to the statue. Something like the ultimate one-liner.
"Stoned.Boned.Droned.And.PWNED"
"Tearbucket is full, guess you got to go!"
"Seen it. Stomped it. Stamped it with a Statue!"
"in Memoria of Me, in Memento of You." echoing around the map. Coolnessfactor9000+
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

just deep-throating my point of view? You gag allready? Feels good man..

http://www.niemanlab.org/2011/10/the-co ... as-failed/
knorke

Post by knorke »

most stylistic tent pegs ever!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

thats what victory feels like...

So everytime, one of your teammates gets it, you get a free statue delivered, right through the front-roof, so you better prepare by pushing your ass toward the sky,

switches...
Attachments
fromthatdayforwarditwascall.jpg
(169.86 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

PicassoCT wrote:just deep-throating my point of view? You gag allready? Feels good man..

http://www.niemanlab.org/2011/10/the-co ... as-failed/

This was a good read. Thanks for the link.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

i guess no reply is a vote "This better goes back to the workshop...
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Its one of the best reads in a while. Its actually the recipe for a OS Comunity to thrive.

Nearly all humans out there are a little bit of experimental, they are just not willing to put the effort in to learn complex tools, and honestly why should they? They never had the dream of becoming a gamedesigner or - even a miner.

But with a little bit of fun, and a easy by the way editing, they never notice that they have been recruited, and someone else will do the bleeding work.

Doesent have to be big for the start. Just make edible bitmapcrests. (Worked for HL, those fucking spraytags dragged a ton of people in. Hell, i started modding with those.) Thats why i pursue this ridicules crusade for seemingly (less) powerfull editors, who can be used by everyone. (If one of you guys remember the request for a bitmap based particle-system).

Of course you dont get fans in the "I-allready-can-do-that" Comunity. Rather link a thousand times to tutorials and get one dev in return, then make it self-explaining and fool-proof and get hundreds of a-noob-ies..

Rant-a-Hike. Back to topic.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

MotionTracker worx. Everything beta than expected.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

i consider writting a small "idiots" AI for the headcrabs and zombies of team GAIA. I want to use Java for that. I think i heard it mentioned before, anyone came across it?
knorke

Post by knorke »

AI forum has some java threads on first page: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=15

also dont java it, Lua it. Unless you are already ├╝berpro at java or it is just for the how-is-it-done experience.
Lua AI will be easier to get to work with unusual gamelogic lua.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I don't think you can assign native AIs to the gaia team, so lua is the only way really.

What exactly will they need to do? Perhaps I can help you get your head around things
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

thewalkingWIP.jpg
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
the headcrab is basically a walking landmine, that will try to convert any corpse it finds into a zombie, and if that cant be done, attacks any near enemy unit (not structure).. if neiter of both options is available, it will idly walk a short walk into a random position (with some distance to water) and dig into the ground there, become invisible- and invincible (except for rising water). The headcrab ceases to exist once it has reanimated a zombie.

The zombie is walking around when having full health. He always walks towards the direction he saw the last, nearest enemy (allowing the shepard them with one unit on hold fire towards the enemys traps/base) he doesent stop, even when reaching water, which he walks on beneath, only the mapborder changes his direction mirrorwise (like a poolball).
If he survives a Attack damaged (and destroyed the last, nearest visible enemy, thus having no direction to walk, he drops on the ground like a corpse, regenerating health.)

Zombies and headcrabs behave neutral to each other, and attack any team that appears on sight, regardless who fired the headcrabshell or donated the corpse which spawned the zombie. A zombie will walk faster if on fire.
If a zombie dies, there is a 1/6 chance of spawning a headcrab.

I really would luv to write this in java and put a little wrapper around it. Im starting to feel at home there, something that has not yet happened with lua.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

thought i let the three of you know whats actually happening right now.

Basically im battling with the Sentrynells rotation matrice:
Lua having no decent cosinus and sinus(if you dont want to work with those shitty radiants) function forced me to rewrite this tools, and the mirrored coordinate system standing on top adds to the challenge.

This is the todolist:
[x]sentrynell+animation+sentrysspawn&delete+
//would be alot easier if the internal math wouldnt screw up from time to time, turning values into nil near zero. At least the motiontracker is working well.

[]tigerLily Music, Swoarddance, poledance (finish that bitch)

[] getTheMexToWork
//yeah, i left the Mex behind, because the script did bogus. Need to add a check there to avoid the Mex spawning a thousand times by the spam_detection

[] Artillery+ ZombieAI+headcrabs+Soldier_corpses
//Important part of the JW_battleeconomy, need to add those, or the whole first balancing is useless.

[]rope-drop-physix ConAir (wave+winddirection)
-------------------------------------
[]builux retract fixxen

[]balance the allready existing stuff. Easilly said you faggot.

[]fix the crystallshardgun of the Skinfantry (sound, projectiles going offroad)

[]Sniper_does_the_I-can-aim-backward-thing-again

[]get bugHuntington

Inb4: You wasted a week on that. Dont post useless advice, just keep to the fucking international math standards next time. x=x (leftToRight) y=NorthvsSouth. Z= height, up and down. See, its easy, even i can do it.

Null degrees, and fukkin null radiants is on the right side of the circle.

Drunken Coding may seem funny but at long last, that congac opum will become part of a unuseable past.

Return to “Journeywar”