Does Spring work with bootcamp?

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

Jkrz7

Post by Jkrz7 »

Hi,

I was very happy to see the development of TA Spring. I used to play a lot at total Annihilation before, and want to play again with spring. But, there is a little problem : I'm now having a mac mini (1.8 GHZ, 4Go RAM, Mac OS X Leopard), and wanted to know if it could work with Bootcamp (with a version of Windows Xp)?

I already tried it with parallel desktop (with a windows xp) and it does not work. Also, I tried to install Virtualbox in order to run linux ubuntu on my Mac and install TASpring, but I'm not so familiar with Linux and could not install the game. Perhaps I should install Wine in Linux, then run a virtual XP in my virtual linux?

Please, can you give me a solution to play at TA Spring with my mac Mini? I hope that boot camp will be THE solution!
SinbadEV

Re: Does Spring work with bootcamp?

Post by SinbadEV »

Spring should work in XP via bootcamp... does the mini meet the system requirements?
Jkrz7

Post by Jkrz7 »

Hi, thank you for the answer. I just try to install bootcamp, but can't because there's not enough disk space.

I'm so desapointed. Is there any other solution to play on my mac mini (1.8 GHZ, 4Go RAM, Mac OS X.5.8 Leopard)?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Well, in theory, I'm pretty sure spring works on OSX (intel cores) but I'm not the one to tell you how to do it... you can try the instructions here:

http://springrts.com/wiki/Spring_on_MacOSX

but it seems like unless we get a few more active mac native devs it's going to take quite a bit of mucking about.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Jkrz7 wrote:Hi, thank you for the answer. I just try to install bootcamp, but can't because there's not enough disk space.
How big is your harddrive?
Belmakor

Post by Belmakor »

Jkrz7 wrote:I'm so desapointed. Is there any other solution to play on my mac mini (1.8 GHZ, 4Go RAM, Mac OS X.5.8 Leopard)?
Try VMWare Fusion 3. I've had success running Spring inside it. And upgrade/crossgrade price is currently very attractive (US$9.99) if you already have an earlier version of VMWare Fusion or Parallels.
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

Hi,
I'm running it on bootcamp with windows7 (32Go Partition). It's a macbook, core 2 duo, 2.4GHz, 4Go RAM and it runs perfect!
And it also works with Parallels VM but not as well as bootcamp.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Simple answer:

YES

Complicated answer:

YES!!!!!!

I really dont know why your all asking questions. Macbooks have more than enough firepower to run spring, and quite well at that. I've been running spring on my macbook for a while now in windows 7 via bootcamp with no issues
pikovich

Post by pikovich »

SPring also Works with Paralels Desktop and a Windoof XP image.

If you dont want to have cracked progs on your mac or pay for the tool itself use paralels Desktop.

You can get a free Test Version from the developers page. After the 15 Days of free trial just go to the Hompage and register for a new trial-serial. Works fine for me and i am also able to update the prog ;)

For a new Email for register just use:

http://10minutemail.com

mfg

Return to “Mac OS X”