So does Spring actually work on a Mac?

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Thinking of getting a new Macbook or Macbook Pro. Want to know what I could expect.
daftalx

Re: So does Spring actually work on a Mac?

Post by daftalx »

Dragon45 wrote:Thinking of getting a new Macbook or Macbook Pro. Want to know what I could expect.
In short, spring now runs on all platforms. We're still working on making the lobby work correctly. Until then, you can already practice on single player mods or against bots. A fairly simple tutorial is on the way (hopefully I'll have time to write it tonight).

(the super-short answer would be "when it's done", but we ain't vaporware like DNF here 8) )

EDIT: the tutorial is now available on the wiki page "Spring on Mac OS X".
Last edited by daftalx on 30 Oct 2010, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If all else fails, it works in bootcamp.

Still, Id like to see an app bundle or at least a package posted up for testing purposes
mike_ebrahimi123

Post by mike_ebrahimi123 »

I also the same problem...
:(
bfc

Post by bfc »

Hi MacOs users,

I've played a couple of games using Wine (http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX) for MacOs on Snow Leopard. Spring engine itself is ok, just the lobby may randomly crash.

It may seem weird to use a windows .exe while spring is ok with unix systems... but it works reasonably well and there is no extra work to provide. There is no need for a windows install, and it works straight of the box.
So if you are desperate like me about all these compiling stuffs, this may be a good temporary solution while waiting for a proper .app to be released.

bfc

Return to “Mac OS X”