Springlobby: where have my files gone?

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

bwansy

Post by bwansy »

After the recent update (v0.139), all my newly downloaded files have gone missing. Both Springlobby and Spring can access them just fine, but I can't find them in any of the Spring folders (spring/games, spring/mods and My documents/My games/Spring). I've searched the entirety of my hard drives with no results. Can anyone tell me where does Springlobby stores its downloaded files? Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using Windows 7 32-bit.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Springlobby: where have my files gone?

Post by hoijui »

if you look at infolog.txt, you should see a list of folders that are searched.
if spring can find them, they have to be in one of them.
alternatively, use the windows file-system search, and look for "*.sd7" or "*.sdz".
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Thank you very much. As it turned out, the files appeared as .sdp files in the "packages" folder with long, random names, which also appear to me much smaller than they should be. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but it would be nice if Springlobby could convert those files back to the more recognisable sdz or sd7 files.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

/facepalm

Rapid. Also, SL doesn't even use rapid. Of course it can read the info, but you were previously using zklobby, which DOES use rapid. All those files were in rapid from the getgo. Nothing changed when you started using SL.

Return to “SpringLobby Client”