TASClient needs/wants - Page 3

TASClient needs/wants

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

very_bad_soldier

Re: TASClient needs/wants

Post by very_bad_soldier »

SinbadEV wrote: "disable UAC for individual programs" is basically what "running as administrator" amounts to.
Hm, I dont think so. "Running as admin" forces the program to run with elevated rights (for programs which do not do that by default) which also means you will get the "do you permit this"-popup.
Tasclient.exe has the "run as admin"-flag hardcoded so it does not make a difference to check "run as administrator" for Tasclient. The only way to avoid the popup is to disable UAC globally (AFAIK).
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

How about making queues for overloaded games? If ud like to unspec u wont have to wait untill somebody leaves and be quick so noone else unspecs. You just declare your will to play and lobby would set u in a queue. This could avoid some trolololing.
Masure

Post by Masure »

TASClient is a lobby client not a lobby server so it cannot handle player queue.

Blame people getting stuck on a 16+20 specs dsd all willing to play but nobody smart enough to join an empty game.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

doesnt springlobby got this ? i see players joining at the same time as someone leaves all the time :/

also, can i haz filter, to find replays with specified player in it ? or it is already implemented and im doing it wrong.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

All springlobby has is a bunch of bugs. Reason you don't have cool features like that in lobbies is because the lobby protocol is frozen death.
albator

Post by albator »

I request a graphical Ring !

Indeed, most of players remove all sound from tas cause annoying ring is annoying. Still poeple dont like to miss a game cause they have did not listen to the ring they disable...
Point is it would be nice to get an advertisement (like when you get a PM for example but with a different colors) so you know when you are rung. Ofc best would be you can enable/disable it. (cause some people will claim graphical is annoying)

Next suggest is brain wave transmition ring. Cause graphical ring is annoying
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

(like when you get a PM for example but with a different colors)
there already is.
(cause some people will claim graphical is annoying)
but it is totally annoying, especially when u watch movie/play some game while having tas open.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I use Tasclient with Office 2007 Blue skin, and with this skin the comboboxes default to have a black background with black text, so that the text cannot be seen until you highlight it (by selecting a different value).

Just thought I'd share this experience, can it be corrected somehow?

Edit: the comboboxes in map and mod options, when hosting.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

albator wrote:I request a graphical Ring !

Indeed, most of players remove all sound from tas cause annoying ring is annoying. Still poeple dont like to miss a game cause they have did not listen to the ring they disable...
Point is it would be nice to get an advertisement (like when you get a PM for example but with a different colors) so you know when you are rung. Ofc best would be you can enable/disable it. (cause some people will claim graphical is annoying)

Next suggest is brain wave transmition ring. Cause graphical ring is annoying

Code: Select all

import lobbyscript

gui = lobbyscript.GUI()

def in_RING():
	gui.DisplaySimpleNotification('Ring', 'Ring ring ring ring ring !', 2000)
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Jools wrote:I use Tasclient with Office 2007 Blue skin, and with this skin the comboboxes default to have a black background with black text, so that the text cannot be seen until you highlight it (by selecting a different value).

Just thought I'd share this experience, can it be corrected somehow?

Edit: the comboboxes in map and mod options, when hosting.
should be fixed now
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yes, it is fixed. Thank you so much, it really helped a lot.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Actually, there is one part where this bug still exists: I made a custom map option to include a string from the user, and in that case the background is still black. Here's a screenie:

My map name is anteer strait if that's of any help. I guess no-one else uses this special map option.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

What mod are you using? I cant recall seeing a mod with 31 mod options o_O
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

XTA, latest beta, has 31 options.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Jools wrote:Actually, there is one part where this bug still exists: I made a custom map option to include a string from the user, and in that case the background is still black. Here's a screenie:

My map name is anteer strait if that's of any help. I guess no-one else uses this special map option.
fixed : /forceupdate
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Wombat wrote:also, can i haz filter, to find replays with specified player in it ? or it is already implemented and im doing it wrong.
you're doing it rong
Sprang

Post by Sprang »

If I try to host a replay in TASC, I get disconnected, and "Message from server: No flooding (over 1024 per second for 10 seconds)".
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

auto unspec is bugged. it works even if u turn it off.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

both should be fixed

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”