Development Updates - Page 4

Development Updates

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

smoth

Re: Development Updates

Post by smoth »

PicassoCT wrote:What exactly do you want?
THE WORLD
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

the world it is. What, honey? Of course its difficult, but hey at least its no longer a pony, man i was allready seeing my shovelling horse shit every evening. Hope the world fits in the back of the yard.
smoth

Post by smoth »

sanada, what I do is browse the toy isles looking for ideas.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Not a bad idea. Although I think some of it may be some kind of block between my brain and Wings. I have some decent images in my head, but nothing is coming out right in Wings.

I'm just boo-hooing, because I can, and to show that I am thinking about CT even if nothing is getting done. :wink:
smoth

Post by smoth »

if you are stuck in wings, draw some sketches by hand. even if they don't look great. Do it, it will help you visualize what you are thinking of.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Yeah, I've doodled quite a bit to make the various units for CT. It does help a lot. Some of my better designs were doodled on scrap paper while I was at work, haha.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Decided to make a final push to get the NKG to something I can be somewhat happy with, in terms of completion. The way I'm seeing it, 6 more unit remodels and I'll be ready to close the file (temporarily) on the NKG.

What lies after that? Possibly a new Drone unit... depends on what I can figure out.

But after that? *drumroll* PNF! Thats right, the faction promised three years ago when we went public is actually going to get some attention. I've got some ideas rolling around and more than anything, I'm excited to add a third faction to the game. I think it will really even things out, and hopefully keep me occupied for a good while.

In the meantime, here is a pic of the unit I remodeled today, the Radar Outpost. Made it quite a bit bigger (footprint went from 1x1 to 3x3) and made it interesting. Pretty happy with it.

Attachments
screen00343.png
(528.05 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Remodeled the Enkei Combat Mech, aka the mine laying mech and the only quadruped for the NKG. Looks a lot more detailed, has visible mines (which I can hopefully animate sometime) and, best of all... has a completely overhauled and way, way better walking animation! It's not perfect, but it is pretty darn amazing compared to the old one. Very happy with this.
Attachments
New Enkei.png
(400.9 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

lookin' good :-)
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Thanks!
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Freshly remodeled Energy Station and its big brother, the Heavy Duty Energy Station! Looks a lot more interesting while still looking remotely "realistic". Blinks with blue lights of course (I love blinking lights).

Threw in some other units, mostly newly remodeled ones but some classics too.

Only 3 units left for the NKG... all cruisers, all going to be at least a little difficult.
Attachments
New Power Plant and misc units.png
(896.21 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Overhauled the Uesugi Class Cruiser (aka the Battle Cruiser). Doubled its beam cannon batteries (while halving the damage :wink: ), added some AA missiles, outfitted it with landing gear (which I'm very proud of) and undercarriage engines. Looks a lot different, and I'm very happy with it.

2 more to go!
Attachments
New Uesugi.png
(239.75 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

It's finally here! The Transport Cruiser has been remodeled and totally overhauled. This should be a huge improvement, although it is still not a totally smooth operation to use them. It is more important that it actually functions reasonably well.

Pretty happy with this :)
Attachments
New Transport.png
(457.71 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
smoth

Post by smoth »

feels like the vtol thrusters could use just a little bit more love? maybe a wing on them or some sort of extra ridge?
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought the thrusters lacked a joint to rotate around.
smoth

Post by smoth »

The joint may not be visible.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Sanada, i expect a Conflict Terra Banner up on this side by sunday. Else i will shoop together something ugly and this will be uploaded. Its not like we leave you a choice. Get your stuff done! ;)

No pressure though.Its not like we take for you a ride. The freedom of speach is highly respected by the likes of me. The freedom of silence though, that is a diffrent matter, actually is such a thing even mentioned?
Attachments
noPRessurepng.png
(86.23 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

smoth wrote:The joint may not be visible.
The joint isn't there. Joints are actually a very rare thing in CT. It's a good combination of laziness and lack of patience, which I cover up by saying "it's an RTS"

You're right though, the engines are rather dull aren't they. I spent a lot more time working on the fuselage and landing gear. I'll make a note of it and try to liven them up the next time I remodel it. Truth is, right now I'm way more concerned with just getting a working transport, and wrapping up the NKG for the time being so I can start making the PN a reality.
Sanada, i expect a Conflict Terra Banner up on this side by sunday. Else i will shoop together something ugly and this will be uploaded. Its not like we leave you a choice. Get your stuff done!
Picasso, your shooped banner looks awesome. Maybe I should just take a few minutes and make one...
smoth

Post by smoth »

PicassoCT wrote:Sanada, i expect a Conflict Terra Banner up on this side by sunday. Else i will shoop together something ugly and this will be uploaded. Its not like we leave you a choice. Get your stuff done! ;)

No pressure though.Its not like we take for you a ride. The freedom of speach is highly respected by the likes of me. The freedom of silence though, that is a diffrent matter, actually is such a thing even mentioned?
Picasso, the image is supposed to have alpha

Return to “Conflict Terra”