Anyone want to take over?

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

We are done. If anyone of you guys want to maintain it or dare I say even develop it let one of us know.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Anyone want to take over?

Post by zwzsg »

Awwww :cry:

I would have liked to maybe contribute one or two things, but not take over.

Please make sure to leave Conflict Terra in a state of well functionning, 83.0 compatible, and easy to get, before stopping for good.
scifi

Post by scifi »

:(
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I dont get it... why do people make games - and once they archieved it going- they quit. I would be happy all day long for what is archieved!

Still, thx for all the hard work.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

It's more of a loss of steam and diverging interests than us being like "I hate spring and I'm done forever!" My time working with Spring was honestly one of the most fulfilling times of my life, and CT stands as my most impressive creative work by far. Part of me doesn't want to let go, but the other part knows that at least right now, I just don't have it in me to push on.

That being said, I really do love what I created in CT. I'd really like to expand on the NKG through some other format. I had thought of trying my hand at some kind of comic or short story, but those rarely turn out well for me.

I'll definitely stick around the forums to at least some limited capacity. Despite the squabbling that is in all things internet, I feel this is one of the better communities out here, and I wish everyone the best of luck on their projects.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

gentlemen, it's been a pleasure, and i wish you the best of luck on all future endeavours.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

there is not even drama in the farewell, what has the world come to.. sniff...wheres my handkerchief.. oh someone used it as whiteflag to surrender.... snnnoooooorrrt... ah, thats better in every aspect.

Srsly, i wish you and snoop everything good. Keep your heads up, and leave your game behind in working condition ;)

Hope it wasnt the fear of the workload of updating to 8.3 (I feel those angry stares from both sides now, feels like the sun.. warms your heart and your backside)... nah, no trollin... i take it back.

Youve done good. Real letdown is that the playernumbers did not better, but that goes for all games non-ba or zk. Hope you find another fireplace to set aflame with creativity.

:D
knorke

Post by knorke »

...and thus the cookie crumbles!
I learned many things (technical & non-technical) while following CT's progress, so thanks for that.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Everyone's kind words made me actually want to get CT working in 0.83, and of course when I tried to do that it didn't work. I did the replace .n with a # thing, but unit_morph.lua, which is crucial to the game, also uses the GetUnitLineage thing that was apparently taken out.

As a reminder, CT uses a modified unit_morph to make the morphed unit snap to the map grid, to accommodate for our factories. And the latest unit_morph from ZK didn't work either.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Comment all the SetUnitLineage and GetUnitLineage with --
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Got same problem. So, here's the error and a link to the code.
[f=0000326] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_morph.lua"]:623: attempt to call field 'GetUnitLineage' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_morph.lua"]:623: in function 'FinishMorph'
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_morph.lua"]:642: in function 'UpdateMorph'
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_morph.lua"]:966: in function 'GameFrame'
[string "LuaGadgets/gadgets.lua"]:942: in function <[string "LuaGadgets/gadgets.lua"]:940>
(tail call): ?
http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/ ... _morph.lua

Note: I only committed the change to the .n and #, didn't do anything with the Lineage stuff since it didn't work.
SpliFF

Post by SpliFF »

that error indicates you didn't comment out the line. Maybe you missed it or used 1 '-' instead of '--' ?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Not that what I say is worth a damn, but I protest.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Forgot to post a reply, you were right SpliFF, it seems my comment out was not complete. Evidence I should be done with Spring, eh :wink:

I posted a sticky in our subforum with a download link to a .sd7 of the game, ready for 0.83, and also to our map pack and the source.

Aww, Forb :-)
knorke

Post by knorke »

added CT here:
http://springrts.com/wiki/General_Resources#Games
If you want to see it used you might want to declare your files public domain, not sure if there already is a license hidden somewhere.
I think anything too restrictive will probally have people being afraid to use it ;)
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Our license is thus: "If not stated anywhere else, content is to be public domain or the least restrictive license allowed in your country."

It's in legal.txt in the trunk of the game files.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

So if I want to use your CT content to build a completely-new game from scratch, that's cool?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well you guys prolly know I've always had a soft spot fot CT. The cartoony flat shaded style is pretty win imo. I can understand why you guys are hanging it up, but at the same time I wish you weren't.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Thanks for the meteor model, I use it in my game. It makes a great falling rock.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Pxtl wrote:So if I want to use your CT content to build a completely-new game from scratch, that's cool?
Mmhmm.
Thanks for the meteor model, I use it in my game. It makes a great falling rock.
Very cool :o

Return to “Conflict Terra”