NOTA 1.82 - Page 59

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

Godde

Re: NOTA 1.634

Post by Godde »

I can't see the red radar blips blinking and I can't see radar hoverblips blinking. It gets hard to know what is ships, hovers or buildings.
Anyone else gets this?
Is it related to why enemy units wont show their unit icons on the radar even after they have been scouted?
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

Those two issues wouldn't be related I don't think, the blips don't affect icons at all. Do you have the same problem with icons in other mods or just nota?
Godde

Post by Godde »

Thor wrote:Do you have the same problem with icons in other mods or just nota?
I think it is new spring standard that unit icons on enemies can't be seen unless you have LoS on them. This might be moddable but i don't know.
Godde

Post by Godde »

The rear AA flak cannon on the core AA ship doesn't shoot at strategic bombers.
Umrug

Post by Umrug »

Thor and Cake, you can prevent wear and tear on Spring forums if you just release the new version already and save me all the impatient checks. Thanks!
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

Code: Select all

rapid list-tags 'nota' --regex
Using data directory: /home/user/.spring
Pinned tags:
  nota:latest                              (NOTA v1.631)
  nota:stable                              (NOTA v1.632)
  nota:test                                (NOTA test-1)
Available tags:
  nota:revision:1                          (NOTA test-1)
  nota:version:1.61                        (NOTA v1.61)
  nota:version:1.62                        (NOTA v1.62)
  nota:version:1.631                       (NOTA v1.631)
  nota:version:1.634                       (NOTA v1.634)
please update either the stable, test or latest tag to 1.634, and if possible, delete either stable or latest (as i get it, they have the same meaning). maybe rename nota:stable to nota:version:1.632.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

can we remove thuds and arty from the game 4 a bit...both are rlly op

all games just turn into hammer/arty spam...hammers are just too fucking efficient at killing everything...they dont even need to be face to face with their targets, they just shoot over the crowd...they are far to effective when they are consentrated...arty is more to less the end all....

arm needs a riot/anti kbot tank like core.....
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

i find that if you use veh nice and early, in combination with your own kbots they will rape a kbot only army.

with vehicle artillery, i really dislike the low traj...

also, id really like to see some kind of high altitude missile
Godde

Post by Godde »

thelawenforcer wrote: with vehicle artillery, i really dislike the low traj...
Their turrets could turn even slower. Now they are only useless at very close ranges.
thelawenforcer wrote: also, id really like to see some kind of high altitude missile
Core AA cruiser.
:P
Last edited by Godde on 01 Dec 2010, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Godde

Post by Godde »

The black hydra will move against its target without stopping if you order it to attack something.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

thelawenforcer wrote:
also, id really like to see some kind of high altitude missile
like the dom???? or the vehicle missile launcher???

i dont have much of a problem with the low traj...it's the high stuff that pisses me off, arty is very cheap and fast to make....it also has a huge amount of range and dmg...it dominates everything, also lets not forget that that in ta games units explode(and give off more splash dmg), so the arty's splash dmg is amplified

imo: arty need 2 cost more, take more time 2 make, and have less hp/dmg/splash...
Godde

Post by Godde »

nightcold wrote:it(Artillery) dominates everything,
Artillery is only dominant in certain situations, where the frontlines has already formed, you got enough rockos/hammers to protect against vehicles, flees' and AKs' and you have ample of AA or the enemy doesn't got any air. 1 Guardian under repair is enough to keep a huge number of artillery at bay as a defencive measure
nightcold wrote: also lets not forget that that in ta games units explode(and give off more splash dmg), so the arty's splash dmg is amplified
When a thud or AK die they only make 30 damage with an AoE of 24. Thats nothing. Although if you self D them they do 220 damage with an AoE of 64 :P.
nightcold wrote:imo: arty need 2 cost more, take more time 2 make, and have less hp/dmg/splash...
If you do that you will make artillery a niche unit, only really effective in some situations such as when they are easy to protect and you need the extra range to harass the enemy frontline from a safe position.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

i just dont think that such a powerful unit should not be so easy/fast to make and have it bo soo cheap/expendable.... loseing them should be a bigger deal

i also think that it is also a bit op....

have u seen mass arty mate????? i rlly dont think that the kbot counter should be located in arty.....and i do think arty should be unit used to harss enemy positions from a safe position (i think that that is what art is largly used for anyways)....

also, the kbot/thud counter should be located else where...like rot tanks or giveing other kbot(peewee and rocko) more of a basis to fight off thuds
Godde

Post by Godde »

nightcold wrote:i just dont think that such a powerful unit should not be so easy/fast to make and have it bo soo cheap/expendable.... loseing them should be a bigger deal

i also think that it is also a bit op....

have u seen mass arty mate????? i rlly dont think that the kbot counter should be located in arty.....and i do think arty should be unit used to harss enemy positions from a safe position (i think that that is what art is largly used for anyways)....

also, the kbot/thud counter should be located else where...like rot tanks or giveing other kbot(peewee and rocko) more of a basis to fight off thuds
Look at Levelers. They are very good against kbots and with the proper support and micro they can even beat hammers/thuds but as soon as the enemy got air your levelers at the front will die quite fast and since that levelers are so slow its hard to keep a the levelers arriving in time to do any damage. Artillery is basically the same except not useful in small engagements. If artillery is alot worse they will be very limited in use and thuds with some air support will tear apart levelers and pretty much anything.
Making pewees better will most likely result in them taking over the role of main front line units from thuds.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

generally speaking,
riot tanks get shredded into pieces in a matter of seconds when the thud hord get to them.... iv only seen u do a pure riot tank push and pull it off (with the use of air).......everyone else only uses riot tank as anti-kbot support unit alog with thier other kbots(simply becasue everyone else is not the best nota player ever)...

and i do think that peewee should be the dominant of main front line units(i have been pushing for this for some time now), they are not stackable like thuds becasuse they require a face to face confrontation.....i think that the storm is even a beter alternative main front line unit than thuds simply becasue they are not stackable ....instead they shoot straight ahead (unlike thuds who shoot over thier own), they also have more range than the peewee so it is much easier to disengage(from other storms)
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

i partially agree with you on the artillery thing, but for me my only concern is the low traj, making them very strong even when your trying to push.

with regards to rockos vs thuds, it can work, if you manage to catch your enemy off guard with a push, ive seen rockos beat thuds when the thuds weren't microed very well.

also, i think that veh (things like flash/stumpies) are actually very good against hammers and arty, they tank damage and get up close fast, so when u combine them with a nice thud and ak army, you will rape the thud only army...

the high altitude missile is for AA mainly, i think there's a gap there, with flak and fighters being the only high altitude defence... flak is just too ineffective really, and with fighters its simply a question of who has more and once that superiority is achieved its very hard to break.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

hoijui wrote:

Code: Select all

rapid list-tags 'nota' --regex
Using data directory: /home/user/.spring
Pinned tags:
  nota:latest                              (NOTA v1.631)
  nota:stable                              (NOTA v1.632)
  nota:test                                (NOTA test-1)
Available tags:
  nota:revision:1                          (NOTA test-1)
  nota:version:1.61                        (NOTA v1.61)
  nota:version:1.62                        (NOTA v1.62)
  nota:version:1.631                       (NOTA v1.631)
  nota:version:1.634                       (NOTA v1.634)
please update either the stable, test or latest tag to 1.634, and if possible, delete either stable or latest (as i get it, they have the same meaning). maybe rename nota:stable to nota:version:1.632.
I don't know how to delete or change anything. I'll try to always use the latest tag in the future though.
nightcold wrote:generally speaking,
riot tanks get shredded into pieces in a matter of seconds when the thud hord get to them.... iv only seen u do a pure riot tank push and pull it off (with the use of air).......everyone else only uses riot tank as anti-kbot support unit alog with thier other kbots(simply becasue everyone else is not the best nota player ever)...

and i do think that peewee should be the dominant of main front line units(i have been pushing for this for some time now), they are not stackable like thuds becasuse they require a face to face confrontation.....i think that the storm is even a beter alternative main front line unit than thuds simply becasue they are not stackable ....instead they shoot straight ahead (unlike thuds who shoot over thier own), they also have more range than the peewee so it is much easier to disengage(from other storms)
Things would be less interesting if ak/pw were the frontline units since then all armies would be the same speed, whereas with rocko and hammer armies there is still a place for faster units to be used for flanking and raiding. Rockos actually can shoot through each other in nota, although it's still true that they don't stack as well as thuds because of reload time, but more importantly, if they were the best frontline units vs kbots, it would mean that the same unit would dominate kbot and tanks both.

Regarding arty, they are the next level of escalation after rocket/thud armies are formed, but also further slow down the army and lower its versatility. The low trajectory seems to me to be essential to making them worthwhile against kbot armies.
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

can we buff sea aa a bit plz, torpedo planes are really dominating these days.
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

i actually really prefer the sea as it was before...
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

thelawenforcer wrote:can we buff sea aa a bit plz, torpedo planes are really dominating these days.
do you have any replays?

Return to “NOTA”