NOTA 1.82 - Page 57

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

thelawenforcer

Re: NOTA 1.63

Post by thelawenforcer »

im not sure its the battlecruiser, but the battleship definately does.
Godde

Re: NOTA 1.62

Post by Godde »

Godde wrote:Is there a way to make planes actually follow the orders you give them when they are on their way back to reload? I lose alot of planes because they go back to reload and then continue their previous order which they had before they ran out of fuel even though I gave them other orders when they were on the way to refueling.
Godde wrote:
thelawenforcer wrote:godde, stick the planes on land at 0

that way they dont try to refuel until they are empty and dont try to return when they are low hp.
But my point is that they go back to refuel when they are empty and ignores any orders given to them in until they are refueled. So if you ordered the plane to attack an enemy and it runs out of ammo it will go back to refuel and proceed to attack the enemy after it is refueled even though you gave it an order to do something else.
Now that planes can be ordered after they run out of fuel I feel I don't really like it.(Some people never get satisfied :P)
When I am microing Vashps they will fly around even when they are out of fuel and seperating the ones out of fuel would take alot of attention and micro.
What I was going for when I made that post was that airplanes would ignore the commands given while they where on their way back to refual and continue whatever orders they had before they ran out of fuel. This meant that planes would go to the enemy and die unless you gave new order directly after they refueled.
In the best of worlds, planes would by default go back to refuel and then after they refueled continue the orders you gave it before or while it was going back to refuel. You would also have the option where the plane would follow new order while it was going back to refuel.

So a "Go Refuel ignore orders", "Refuel and while still following new orders" button.

Edit:Alternatively we could just have a "Refuel and ignore orders" and "Do not refuel" switch.
Last edited by Godde on 20 Aug 2010, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

i was hoping that all previous orders would be canceled when a planes goes back

also.....can we make super weapons a more practical part of the game....i have only seen the pods like twice(and one of the times cake used a cheat to bring it in game)....i never saw a koth in game...i have seen a buzzsaw 2-3 times...nuke cannon like twice(and we happened to get the metal because we where dominating, we would have won any how).....never seen a orbital...never seen a long range bombardment....i only saw a long range plasma cannon only like a handful of times(and i was the one who made them)....never seen the flying fortress in game(thu iv seen it in a video).....

like i dont have a problem with how the buzzsaw & long range cannon(need more range imo) & nuke cannon is....but all of the other stuff could use a nurf in price/effectiveness...none of it is even near being cost effective, and are only seen by the team who would win anyway.... you could remove them from game and nothing would rlly change....
Godde

Post by Godde »

nightcold wrote:i was hoping that all previous orders would be canceled when a planes goes back
That is an easy and simple idea. Together with the option to prevent planes from going back it would be good if you could switch between the 2.
nightcold wrote:also.....can we make super weapons a more practical part of the game....i have only seen the pods like twice(and one of the times cake used a cheat to bring it in game)....i never saw a koth in game...i have seen a buzzsaw 2-3 times...nuke cannon like twice(and we happened to get the metal because we where dominating, we would have won any how).....never seen a orbital...never seen a long range bombardment....i only saw a long range plasma cannon only like a handful of times(and i was the one who made them)....never seen the flying fortress in game(thu iv seen it in a video).....

like i dont have a problem with how the buzzsaw & long range cannon(need more range imo) & nuke cannon is....but all of the other stuff could use a nurf in price/effectiveness...none of it is even near being cost effective, and are only seen by the team who would win anyway.... you could remove them from game and nothing would rlly change....
If you want to see the orbital laser play speed metal. Its pretty much a race to orbital laser/pinocchio. Buzzaws and vulcans are very good ship defence that can make games last so much longer on Dire Straits for example. They are pretty cheap compared to berthas and intimidators and have the same range.

3 Berthas can't put out that much firepower as a vulcan. A vulcan already cost about the same as a battleship so they are not that expensive. The problem is keeping them alive. Unless you don't have a fighter screen don't expect them to be alive for long. Its a good way to deplete the enemy of bombers though.

The nuke cannon is a good way to start killing off enemy economy but you can get 2 vulcans/buzzaws which are better at killing off the enemy army or their towers. The nuke cannon is can be a good response if the enemy have gotten a his defence covered by vulcans/buzzaws and you need the extra range.

Although the cheapeast alternative is usually a nuke and some bombing runs to take out the enemy antinukes.

Heres a little treat. http://replays.adune.nl/?2704
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

Sorry thor, but NOTA is totally unplayable for me with this pathing...

so....

I fixed it.

NOTA1632-FIX: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogggja1j3mnkcha

I just did what kernel panic and s44 have done and removed heatmapping from the moveinfo. In my 1 testing session it seemed to work like it should.
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

Okay, Laws Fix is listed in the channel topic as:
"Test Version: Pathing Fixed by Law: http://www.mediafire.com/?ogggja1j3mnkcha"
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

@ Goddie, super weapons were balanced 20 versions back appearing plenty. And were hard enough to stop.
Godde

Post by Godde »

123vtemp wrote:@ Goddie, super weapons were balanced 20 versions back appearing plenty. And were hard enough to stop.
I haven't said anything else. I were responding to nightcold.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

thelawenforcer wrote:Sorry thor, but NOTA is totally unplayable for me with this pathing...

so....

I fixed it.

NOTA1632-FIX: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogggja1j3mnkcha

I just did what kernel panic and s44 have done and removed heatmapping from the moveinfo. In my 1 testing session it seemed to work like it should.
fair enough. I'll probably have an official fix up later today.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

http://www.springfiles.com/show_file.php?id=2764

v1.633

-Turned off heatmapping pathfinding
-Fixed a bug with Pod teleport
-Core battleship hitbox fixed
-Fixed machinegun AA firing at aircraft out of range
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

please upload to rapid
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

The Arm light destroyer aa does not seem right.
More range? More aa?
I doubt they would do moderate dmg to ground attack aircraft and certainly not torp bombers before being sunk.

New ship changes are neat and seem to improve sea game play.
Godde

Post by Godde »

Thor wrote:-Core battleship hitbox fixed
What about the hitbox of the core floating water mex? Torpedoes cant hit that thing :(
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

hoijui wrote:please upload to rapid
I'll start doing that in the future, but I think I can't for this one since it's sd7.
Godde wrote:
Thor wrote:-Core battleship hitbox fixed
What about the hitbox of the core floating water mex? Torpedoes cant hit that thing :(
yeah, I know. It's impossible to fix by moving the hitbox. I'm hoping next spring version will fix it.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

the BA's are on rapid too, and they sync with their respective sd7's.
i though you just have to upload the sd7 with a tag plus description for rapid.
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

as 123v says, arm is massively vulnerable to air nowadays. in some ways thats ok, as their ships are generally cheaper, and in some cases stronger than their core counterparts.

i see other players avoiding torpedo bombers pretty easily, i just cant seem to get how its done... anyone want to share some tips on that?
Godde

Post by Godde »

thelawenforcer wrote:as 123v says, arm is massively vulnerable to air nowadays. in some ways thats ok, as their ships are generally cheaper, and in some cases stronger than their core counterparts.

i see other players avoiding torpedo bombers pretty easily, i just cant seem to get how its done... anyone want to share some tips on that?
Why should the second best NOTA player know about it? ;)

Review of the new sea balance:

Torpedo bombers are more useful now since there isn't that much heavy AA around anymore and they usually live to make another pass. Only "heavy" destroyers(crusader/enforcer) have flak while Mandau blades and Excaliburs only have machine gun AA which won't do much to torpedo bombers unless they fly straight above the ships.

The Crusader is in my opinion the best destroyer. Good AA combined with lots of hitpoints and long range makes it able to deal with hovers, destroyers and subs costeffectively. It is my first choice unless I fear that the enemy might rush a Mandau blade before I can get a Crusader built.

The Mandau blade, patrol boat, gives the core player a fast boat to rush shipyards which in turn can outmanouver hovers, avoid subs and dogde torpedobombers easily. It can hold off destroyers if you repair it with your com for example.
It can costeffectively overrun destroyers if you have a good position, micro them to go out of torpedo range after they fired and if the destroyers are cornered. Mandau blades will take too much damage from torpedoes if they try to hunt down destroyers.

If an arm player gets too many Crusaders, a core player is forced to make heavier ships since Enforcers are simply outgunned and outranged by Crusaders.

Subs are much more useful through all of the sea game now since Enforcers are more rare, Mandau blades lack torpedoes and Crusaders have less torpedoes than the old destroyers. If you go all for Excaliburs, which have alot of torpedoes but short range and bad AA, heavier ships and air becomes a big threat.

Sea gameplay has become more focused on mobility and positioning while missile cruisers, battlecruisers and battleships has become more vulnurable to subs and air.
Godde

Post by Godde »

How do you update the NOTA host?
"!rehost v1.633" and "!spawn v1.633" doesn't work.
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

thor needs to upload to this rapid thing and then the autohost will automatically rehost with the newest version.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

plz keep spring-downloader updates with the news versions...

i don't know if anyone is down but, lets set up some times 4 each day/every few days for all the nota peeps to meet up....this way we can get games set up games rather quickly....hell, when i log in to spring i don't know of i will get 2 play nota or not...

Return to “NOTA”