NOTA 1.82 - Page 61

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

Umrug

Re: NOTA 1.634

Post by Umrug »

Couple of issues:
- antisub hovers DO NOT have sonar, tested in oh so painful way. And they really need one!
- coastal (at least arm one) takes impossibly long time to reclaim once destroyed, much much more than to build. Sometimes that can be critical issue

- release the new version already, you lazy pair of devs!
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

No mod has been maintained this long by the same devs.

About Torpedo planes...
I remember when they were hardly ever used because they disintegrated like toilet paper.
No ship fleet feared them. Only unsupported subs or lone ships feared torpedo planes.

Capital ships are rarely built because they are slow and do several jobs. It is generally fastest and best to get a cruiser that does the specific purpose you need.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

We're probably going to get new version out this weekend, I apologize for the long delay.

Anti-sub hovers have been fixed, and we're nerfing aircraft vs ships.

Reclaim time is simply the result of how much metal is in the wreckage, so it can't be adjusted on a per wreckage basis except by decreasing the amount of metal in the wreckage.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

what kind of stuff can we expect from the new ver???

is thuds finally gana get a nurf???less range???a new kbot 2 counter the thud???

also, as of late nota is been loseing popularity...over the last few months i have seen a decline in the community, and this whole anti-ta campain on the fourms has not been helping(mostly pushed by frustrated and jealous developers)..nota has prob(imo) the best gameplay/pace/scale in spring (yet no one is willing to rip off this time tested forumla, hint hint)

alot of the old nota players are leaveing, we need fresh blood....it is obvious that we can not attract new players from outside the spring community, we need 2 think of a ways of marketing the game 2 the ba fan base....(like writing new game guides , makeing new and exiting gameplay videos, and posting the new versions announcements on the front page community news thing)
Last edited by nightcold on 13 Feb 2011, 01:17, edited 3 times in total.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

The main thing is the new and improved spacebugs mode. I was kind of disappointed to learn that turninplace=0 is broken thanks to the latest spring update, so honestly until they fix that, naval combat in particular will be kind of frustrating to play. Hammers are getting equal climbing ability as thuds. Zeus buffed, arm spy kbot cheaper. Vashp slightly nerfed. Some other balance changes also. I don't feel that thuds are particularly overpowered, except that their climbing ability gave them an unfair advantage vs arm on some maps.
Godde

Post by Godde »

Units with low turnRate and high speed slow down alot when they turn. By default this makes ships, hovers and some vehicles slow down alot when they turn. There is a new tag, turnInPlaceSpeedLimit, that makes you able to determine how much the units should slow down when they turn. It is also possible to greatly reduce brakeRate, by a factor of 10 for example, so that units slow down more smoothly and keep more speed as they turn.
Setting the right turnInPlaceSpeedLimit for each unit can be tricky as units that had trouble pathing before will have trouble pathing now if the turnInPlaceSpeedLimit is set to the same as maxVelocity.
On ships it shouldn't matter much though as there usually isnt that many obstacles on the water and I think that units with large footprints still don't take their own footprint into account when they path around features or units.

The fact that ships can't keep the speed up when they are turning makes torpedo bombers hit much more reliably.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

I didn't know they added that tag, thanks! Ships are back to how they should be. I set it to 80% of max velocity for ground units. As far as I could tell that didn't seem to cause any problems with pathing.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Re: NOTA 1.64

Post by Thor »

New version is finally out! Get it here: http://springfiles.com/spring/games/nota-26

I think the new spacebugs is much more interesting to play, and involves less mindless spam on both sides. The bugs have a couple scary new types - I won't say what they are so as not to spoil the surprise for those who haven't seen them yet! But it means the bugs don't have to rely entirely on hundreds of the same cheap units that are all countered by laser towers. At the same time, you do have to kill as many burrows as you can or you will be faced with very tough odds in the later game. And the queen fight is awesome!

Anyway, here's the changelog:

v1.64

-Spacebugs changes- including new bug types, new queen behavior
-Hammer climbing ability increased from 30 to 34
-Vashp rocket range and area of effect decreased
-Toadfoot rocket area of effect decreased
-Spy kbot cost decreased 30%; cloak cost decreased
-Zeus range increased from 280 to 310; area of effect increased
-Panther range increased from 240 to 280; area of effect increased
-Flash range increased from 285 to 295
-Vashp and Toadfoot rocket damage to ships decreased 15%
-Torpedo Bomber damage decreased 15%; speed decreased 15%; metal cost increased 10%; energy cost + buildtime decreased 15%
-Mandau Blade Patrol Ship max speed increased from 2.6 to 2.8
-Fixed sonar not working on Anti-Sub Hovercraft
-Fixed Core Anti-Air Cruiser not shooting properly
-Fixed Mandau Blade AA not shooting
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

nightcold wrote:what kind of stuff can we expect from the new ver???

is thuds finally gana get a nurf???less range???a new kbot 2 counter the thud???

also, as of late nota is been loseing popularity...over the last few months i have seen a decline in the community, and this whole anti-ta campain on the fourms has not been helping(mostly pushed by frustrated and jealous developers)..nota has prob(imo) the best gameplay/pace/scale in spring (yet no one is willing to rip off this time tested forumla, hint hint)

alot of the old nota players are leaveing, we need fresh blood....it is obvious that we can not attract new players from outside the spring community, we need 2 think of a ways of marketing the game 2 the ba fan base....(like writing new game guides , makeing new and exiting gameplay videos, and posting the new versions announcements on the front page community news thing)
Hopefully some of the nota veterans come back. Ultimately I think marketing can only do so much good, if the game is good word of mouth will spread and ppl will play it.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Could i have a NOTA-Replay? Having planned a similar Tower-based Baseconcept for JW, im very interested how this plays out.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

Thor wrote:
nightcold wrote:what kind of stuff can we expect from the new ver???

Hopefully some of the nota veterans come back. Ultimately I think marketing can only do so much good, if the game is good word of mouth will spread and ppl will play it.
i disagree...there is absolutly no hard relation between game quality and how many people play it.....for example ota was not as popular as sc and cc, but it is not short of quality compared to the other 2....TA had bad advertising and marketing (it should be noted that advertising for someting small like nota is not dirty and deceiving like how mass marketing and PR is)

imo, game quality can only do soo much.....i mean how can people know about your game from other people if no one knows about it to begin with

gameing communities have a tendency to have a stream of players(i'am sure everyone has experianced this), old players eventually start to leave and new players take their place....if no new players come, community can only get smaller.....

i find ur attitude to be very nobal thor, how u focus all your energy(that u spend on nota) on game quality hoping for recognition...but advertiving is also imprtant....and it is not someinthg that only thor can do, if we all pich in and pull something together it can work

ps. plz add how nota got a new ver on front page

edit: @ PicassoCT, u cant have any!!!!!!!!!!!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Why? Because im to lazy to search? Oh, just you wait, i┬┤ll show you.
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

there are some really great replays on http://replays.adune.nl/ but they are all for the older versions...
knorke

Post by knorke »

Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

nightcold wrote: i disagree...there is absolutly no hard relation between game quality and how many people play it.....for example ota was not as popular as sc and cc, but it is not short of quality compared to the other 2....TA had bad advertising and marketing (it should be noted that advertising for someting small like nota is not dirty and deceiving like how mass marketing and PR is)

imo, game quality can only do soo much.....i mean how can people know about your game from other people if no one knows about it to begin with

gameing communities have a tendency to have a stream of players(i'am sure everyone has experianced this), old players eventually start to leave and new players take their place....if no new players come, community can only get smaller.....

i find ur attitude to be very nobal thor, how u focus all your energy(that u spend on nota) on game quality hoping for recognition...but advertiving is also imprtant....and it is not someinthg that only thor can do, if we all pich in and pull something together it can work

ps. plz add how nota got a new ver on front page

edit: @ PicassoCT, u cant have any!!!!!!!!!!!
What you say is probably true. I'll try to get us up on springinfo at least.
knorke wrote:yt has some nota videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBsKcFzHuPA
Pendrokar's videos are the best!
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

I uploaded a few replays from today: http://replays.adune.nl/
Godde

Post by Godde »

I cant start Grts_Gunmetal_Harbor_009 with NOTA. Tried both 1.64 and 1.634.
" Content error Could not load texture from file bitmaps/projectiletextures/flashside1.tga"
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Thor wrote:I uploaded a few replays from today: http://replays.adune.nl/

Thank you Thor
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

AWESOME! I loves me some NOTA.
thelawenforcer

Post by thelawenforcer »

Thor wrote:I uploaded a few replays from today: http://replays.adune.nl/
these replays show off pretty much the only thing is really dislike about nota, the veh arty spam... really makes the game boring...

Return to “NOTA”