nexta - Page 4

nexta

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

PepeAmpere

Re: nexta

Post by PepeAmpere »

AF wrote: My suggestions for sea (applicable to all *A games)
  • Cheap sea units are too expensive
  • Cheap sea units usually take too long to build
  • t1 sea should cost generally as much as t1 land, take the same time to build, and have the same firepower
  • t2 ships should cost and take the same time as their equivilant t2 units
  • Long range ships at t1 should be extra and come at a tier 1.5 premium like hovercraft
  • Long range ships at t2 should take as long and cost as much as roughly the sumos and fatboys of the *A world
  • The top end ships are either way overpowered or overcosted, they tend not to be both unless they're the big custom ships you didn't get in OTA with 30 turrets, and they're never underpowered cheap things.
From that we can use a lot of the things learnt from land to model the sea game.
NOTA experiance with its great navy fights is against most of your marks. Sea in BA, XTA is bad becouse its sea units behaves like strange expensive hovers (bad balance starts with small ships in comparation with land units, small firepower and shootrange in comparation of their price metal/time). Torpedo fight is totaly crazy (long range torpedos, great sonar).

I agree that build "ships" in T1 XTA "shipyard" is strange.. ok .. maybe "fast boats", but nothing more complicated. What about to start build a bit stronger basic warships in your Tech2 shipyard and let old tech1 shipyard for amphibious units (hovers + light boats that cannot be called real warships + basic underwater stuff (eco units, sonar/jammer units, floating mines)).

NOTA have no navy tech levels, becouse knows, that navy fight is far away from land rats tech classification 8)
babbles

Post by babbles »

[o]PepeAmpere[CZ] wrote:
AF wrote: My suggestions for sea (applicable to all *A games)
  • Cheap sea units are too expensive
  • Cheap sea units usually take too long to build
  • t1 sea should cost generally as much as t1 land, take the same time to build, and have the same firepower
  • t2 ships should cost and take the same time as their equivilant t2 units
  • Long range ships at t1 should be extra and come at a tier 1.5 premium like hovercraft
  • Long range ships at t2 should take as long and cost as much as roughly the sumos and fatboys of the *A world
  • The top end ships are either way overpowered or overcosted, they tend not to be both unless they're the big custom ships you didn't get in OTA with 30 turrets, and they're never underpowered cheap things.
From that we can use a lot of the things learnt from land to model the sea game.
NOTA experiance with its great navy fights is against most of your marks. Sea in BA, XTA is bad becouse its sea units behaves like strange expensive hovers (bad balance starts with small ships in comparation with land units, small firepower and shootrange in comparation of their price metal/time). Torpedo fight is totaly crazy (long range torpedos, great sonar).

I agree that build "ships" in T1 XTA "shipyard" is strange.. ok .. maybe "fast boats", but nothing more complicated. What about to start build a bit stronger basic warships in your Tech2 shipyard and let old tech1 shipyard for amphibious units (hovers + light boats that cannot be called real warships + basic underwater stuff (eco units, sonar/jammer units, floating mines)).

NOTA have no navy tech levels, becouse knows, that navy fight is far away from land rats tech classification 8)

all i read was BIG SHIPS LOL
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

never seen a mod where sea was wholly bearable, but ZeroK sea is fairly well balanced.. could be used as a model if you dont want to go the whole hog and go NOTA style
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

How about if we just make it OTA style. Not a fan of cheap derivatives.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

When is the next version coming?
I want to see a commander who doesn't freeze as soon as he gets hit with a little water...

Return to “XTA”