New victory conditions

New victory conditions

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Jools
XTA Developer

New victory conditions

Post by Jools »

Since the next spring version won't provide any victory conditions for game over, we need to implement it ourselves in xta.

8 ) I have made an endgame-gadget, I post it here for reference but it needs to be tested with spring 0.83 (which crashes on my computer).

It implements 4 end conditions:
i) Commaner Ends
ii) Team Commander Ends
iii) 'Mubobi' Ends
iv) Kill Everything

The third condition is a terminology I borrowed from karate, it means that you lose when you can no longer win. Currently this condition entails that your team has a Buildpower = 0 and a Firepower less than 1% of the leading team. This is just something I made up, I have no idea if they are good, maybe we need 0.1% of FP or even 10%. We maybe need to test. Also you can suggest another name for this condition.

This needs to be tested and polished, I can't test it right now because the test version of spring crashes on my computer:

It also needs to be integrated into the gameoptions menu of the game, but that's also easily done. BD already provided the code link #1.

The gadget also needs a new end condition: team kill all units, this is the whole reason that they change it I think, because it allows taken teams to get back into the game and receive their units back.

Return to “XTA”