Current Progress on Blade UI for XTA - Page 2

Current Progress on Blade UI for XTA

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

malric

Re: Current Progress on Blade UI for XTA

Post by malric »

Is the position of 'stuff' and command configurable ? My laptop screen is anyhow longer than wider, so if you put more things horizontally, I will see 'bands' of the battle. Right now I see 'squares' which seems much better to me.
knorke

Post by knorke »

i hope the mouse pointer can be resized!
but one thing that would be very usefull, if one could resize the ress bars not to use 100% of screen width.
because some maps (icy run) are very long but narrow. so the minimap obscures the ressbar and if you resized it gets very small or stretched.
or maybe have the energybar display under the metal bar and not side by side.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Let me clarify a few things.

Firstly, Blade is not going to be customizable the way IceUI is, where you can move around, resize, and completely muck up every part of the interface.
Secondly, Blade is not a repackaging of spring's default ui. This also means no spring control panel.
Thirdly, Blade is intended for all screen resolutions and all maps. The minimap will have the bottom right corner draggable, so it can be resized (the scale will remain the same), and the resource bars will automatically compensate.
Fourthly, Blade uses only a minimal amount of space at the top and the bottom of the screen, providing the user with a wide view of the battlefield. In fact, it is possible to have the minimap fully minimized, the chat window hidden, and the bottom bar set to autohide, so the battle can be viewed with almost nothing cluttering the view.
Fifthly, Blade is NOT FINISHED. I did not want to make this thread, and I am only doing so because of the requests of a few people. Also making my progress publicly known is a way of keeping myself on track, because if I don't make progress people will start whining at me, and I hate whining. The design has been carefully thought out and planned, and any deviations from it are highly unlikely.

I am not yet posting screenshots because I do not yet want user feedback. However, I am willing to answer your questions for free :)

I am updating the first post to explain the "megabar".
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

as much as i enjoy reading retard threads, especially tribulex's you kind of raised the bar when you posted a thread about a UI no one can see and expect any kind of feedback.

i know you are basically retarded on alot of levels but come on, i dont buy into this someone wants me to post this LOL. because i know you wouldnt go that far for people.

secrecy isn't funny when you make yourself look like a moron to the people your trying to sell the UI too.

either post a proper screen shot and we will give you proper feedback/care, or stop posting shit about your vaporware.

Now onto my question, ill be able to turn this shit off when you finally relase it right?

because having stationary ui that isnt as customisable is really dumb, go see the difference between supcom and supcom fa. Being able to move your parts UI in spring is what makes the UI awesome.
Last edited by Spawn_Retard on 13 Mar 2010, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

no fuck you shift
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

updated my post with a question.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but what parts do you want to be able to move? There will be some flexibilty in positioning (like right to left mode for people from Israel), but the ability to screw any part of your ui at will is not user friendly.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

i dont see the point of release this UI, why is it better than iceui (fully customizable, superb functions), lolui or redui ...
Gota

Post by Gota »

Trolls be raeging
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

manolo_ wrote:i dont see the point of release this UI, why is it better than iceui (fully customizable, superb functions), lolui or redui ...
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

FFS, give him a chance to make the UI before you bash it.

ICEui... meh, tried it once and didn't like it. In my opinion, I hate when the metal bar sometimes comes loose when you accidentally click and drag on it.
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

keep up the work. If there is anything to test ill send send you some feedback.
And whats wrong with another ui? things can be improved always. :-)
Mav

Post by Mav »

Spawn_Retard wrote:
manolo_ wrote:i dont see the point of release this UI, why is it better than iceui (fully customizable, superb functions), lolui or redui ...
Good thing BA is the only mod, right?

Cause no one likes multiple choices.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

like the bible.

Pics or it didn't happen.

so screenshot plx
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Let me reiterate.

Blade is NOT FINISHED.
Blade is not a repackaging of default spring ui.

If you feel like posting in this thread, consider the following:

Requests for screenshots/source will be ignored atm.
Your post should ask a question or maybe have a feature request.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Tribulex wrote:Let me reiterate.

Blade is NOT FINISHED.
Blade is not a repackaging of default spring ui.

If you feel like posting in this thread, consider the following:

Requests for screenshots/source will be ignored atm.
Your post should ask a question or maybe have a feature request.
You did not address my suggestion.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Mav wrote:
Spawn_Retard wrote:
Good thing BA is the only mod, right?

Cause no one likes multiple choices.
nope, XTA ftw :P,
but anyway when he makes a new ui, it should differ from the other (e.g. simple or more infos, faster,...)
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Biggest benefit I see is that with a fixed UI new players have an easier time getting to it, and leveling the playing field with the userwidget blocking.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

So ill ask again, I can turn this shit off right?

As of now i want to be able to use my own UI, because im really not getting the impression i will like what your doing (infact the complete opposite of what i like about UI in spring.)

And as for this disabling of widgets, is this globally understood?

Because i don't remember being able to vote for this, and I'd really rather keep using my own widgets. (i can turn off my comnnap one)

If your seriously limiting people to using mod side widgets and gadgets then look at the CA forum and all the BAWWWW about not being able to use widgets individuals use.

and PLEASE don't tell me your disabling them to make it "fair" for noobs, because i've seen this happen to many games and it just ends up pissing off the older players.

but by all means make XTA CA, i've sat through that ending up becoming terrible.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

i think (hope for the love of god) it will be added as deactivateable widget, because i dont get along with other uis atmo (or i will have to invest a real big jar of delicious manolo-free time to get familiar with it)

Return to “XTA”