fire/flames-dmg

fire/flames-dmg

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

manolo_

fire/flames-dmg

Post by manolo_ »

just a quick idea (like in CA), what do u think about their fire-system with ground on fire, also units could be set on fire and wrecks on fire (just animation for some time, no influence of dmg,balancing - just an eye-candy)
Noruas
XTA Developer

Re: fire/flames-dmg

Post by Noruas »

particle lag, although i do like smoths fire effects on... on... HI... HIS TOWER MOD, why not use it in Gundam mod, xta might benefit if i find out how he did it.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

dont copy effects from ca they make my computer play at about 1 fps compared to 100 fps in xta.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Actually, most of the effects on CA, at least the older ones, are damn well optimized.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

neddiedrow wrote:Actually, most of the effects on CA, at least the older ones, are damn well optimized.
optimized doesn't implies lightweight, there are certain tasks that are inherently heavy
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

and add them as luas, so they could be disabled?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Brain Damage wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:Actually, most of the effects on CA, at least the older ones, are damn well optimized.
optimized doesn't implies lightweight, there are certain tasks that are inherently heavy
I hate it when you say what I know for the benefit of others. And yes, there are some effects and weapontypes that will just strain the machine, no way around that. Vertical launch missiles still obscene?
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Dunno i think it may just be my hardware but dont you think 100 fps for xta (which has superb effects) vs. 1 fps for ca (which i guess may have more lupsy stuff) is a bit extreme?

[nvidia 9600m gt]
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I think you're misrepresenting the difference. I get nearly thirty more FPS in CA than in XTA.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

d_b wrote:Dunno i think it may just be my hardware but dont you think 100 fps for xta (which has superb effects) vs. 1 fps for ca (which i guess may have more lupsy stuff) is a bit extreme?

[nvidia 9600m gt]
>see arm anni, it hurts my eyes how bad the effect looks.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

yeah xta effect for anni blows ca out of the water.

Also neddie you are obviously wrong. I ran my tribulexometer.exe and it definitely proves that ca causes me to use parts of my graphics card that dont even exist. Thats probably why it runs so slow.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

XTA is by far the most system intensive mod. I run BA at maybe 60fps- I run XTA at about 25, falling to about 10 and lower when particles are flying everywhere. CA with all the stupid widgets off runs significantly better, but XTA definately looks nicer
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:XTA is by far the most system intensive mod. I run BA at maybe 60fps- I run XTA at about 25, falling to about 10 and lower when particles are flying everywhere. CA with all the stupid widgets off runs significantly better, but XTA definately looks nicer
What a curious anomaly. I get 60 FPS for BA, 120 FPS for xta with bloom widget, and about 1 fps for ca with most widgets disabled. This is on pretty much maxed out settings. I just thought it was the gayness of ca.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

d_b wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:XTA is by far the most system intensive mod. I run BA at maybe 60fps- I run XTA at about 25, falling to about 10 and lower when particles are flying everywhere. CA with all the stupid widgets off runs significantly better, but XTA definately looks nicer
What a curious anomaly. I get 60 FPS for BA, 120 FPS for xta with bloom widget, and about 1 fps for ca with most widgets disabled. This is on pretty much maxed out settings. I just thought it was the gayness of ca.
this thread wasnt about epicness/failness/suckyness of xta,ba,ca OR YOUR COXS (not the clan - this time)
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

i didnt mention any of those i just said ca was gay

Return to “XTA”