Balance discussion: Slasher/Crasher - Page 2

Balance discussion: Slasher/Crasher

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Balance discussion: Slasher/Crasher

Post by Jools »

mongus wrote:The harder to manufacture the weapon, the higher the cost.

Weapon cost is a hole system, but "theorically" assiging part of the metal and energy cost to the dps or effectiveness of the weapon is a good imaginery.

In my taste, the higher damage the weapon, the higher in energy cost (at buildtime) it shall require.

As this is not analized nor written anywhere, (that i know), and its a hard, controversial and highly theoretical/Fictional issue, its up to the good eye and experience of the ones managing the mod.
In my opinion, the more complex the weapon/unit, the more it should cost. But IRW, this cost refers to monetary cost, cost of research, design, not to material expenditure. Better to have energy cost to correlate with dps than metal cost. Metal cost should be in relation with unit weight, because metal is in effect just that, raw material. It is treated that way when wrecks are reclaimed too.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:erm, those numbers suggest that jethros are the better choice:

Higher DPS:M Cost
Higher HP:M Cost

The diffrence in E-cost is fairly trivial
The diffrence in E-cost is VERY small. the difference in repair speed is most likely the critical thing here, but even so, I wouldnt be suprised if this problem is just a consequence of people suckin at the game and looking for a scapegoat
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

I wouldnt be suprised if this problem is just a consequence of people suckin at the game and looking for a scapegoat
No.

On the other note I came to accept that veh are just better. Hell why not? They should be be pwning kbots on flat maps and they do so what's the problem?
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

Id like to see a test with a bigger buildtime (and repair speed) for samson/slasher and smaller HP for jeffy/weasel.
Not much! no more then 5-10%

What do you think?
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

FaerieWithBoots wrote:Id like to see a test with a bigger buildtime (and repair speed) for samson/slasher and smaller HP for jeffy/weasel.
Not much! no more then 5-10%

What do you think?
k
mongus

Post by mongus »

If its a test we could try this and see.

Removing the non-breakable healing, and shifting any healing to 20 secs from being hit.

Here are the unit files.

The overall healing is the same(14,16,22,28,35) , starts at 20 secs.
Attachments
commanders changed.zip
(15.19 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “XTA”