Get your act together - Page 2

Get your act together

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

manolo_

Re: Get your act together

Post by manolo_ »

sadly we have no autohost, maybe a ba AH could be transformed into xta ah^^
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Semprini does launch, but when somebody tries to start a game it crashes. Either this happens because of a new spring build, or the issue might be with windows 7.
pintle

Post by pintle »

What is the url of the XTA website, and where would a user be linked to it?

If it needs me to do something to remove whatever abandoned forum jst lemme know :P
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

AF wrote:Okay this is stupid how things have gotten

UI

Look at the GUI for BA, then look at XTA, then grab some tissues to stem the blood gushing out your eyes.

dum de dum

Is this some sort of epic troll by the XTA modders? I'm playing and I hear the stupid vocal sound that's totally out of place =s

Nanoturrets

Nice, but if your going to do nanoturrets, do it properly. Just look at how much fail the core nanoturret is, it doesnt even turn its nanolathe to point at the thing its building!!!?!?!
agreement.

my personal wishlist is:

+ Removal of sing
+ Less cartoony fx redux + Less sparks/flashes
+ Removal or overhaul of nano towers
+ Increase in Dgun e-cost
+ Removing the cost of morphing (just time), making even the first morph require exp, and make the resulting bonus' more modest
+ overhaul of sea

but 100% of this clashes with the play-style of those who remain playing the current XTA :roll:
Last edited by 1v0ry_k1ng on 14 Nov 2009, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Someone is playing XTA?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

maybe eight people? most the community hero-bailed around the same time as stuff like sing came in
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote: + Increase in Dgun e-cost
why?
1v0ry_k1ng wrote: making even the first morph require exp
bad idea.
say...a game on tartarus. i go kbots my opponent veh. he is going for slasher lines i go for crasher lines. crashers don't have a chance, slashers do more dmg and have more hp. my only chance to win this if i morph so that i can keep my units alive.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

because... there is no possible way out of that situation except morphing :roll:?

Along with Dgun e-cost I'd probably lower com repair from 300 to 250 (and com autorepair to 2 [4])
because while com repairing and micro is a huge part of the game, it shouldn't be so powerful that you can virtually play without units. atm you almost can if you are good enough, and that is fairly gay. Com micro is a strategy, it shouldn't actually be compulsory. this is a result of morph (ludicrous com buffs), nano towers (which remove the need for the build-power of the com near your factory in the first 5 mins) and autorepair (less coms getting wheedled to death in missle exchanges).
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

well otherwise its veh > kbots

babbles is the only one who can pull this off and it still fails like 50% of the time, he does use units though. otherwise its absolutely impossible.

I've never ever upgraded the com past the 1st level which is an alternative for building a lab at start and a big risk! if you get raided while morphing youve prolly lost. tbh you dont see upgraded coms that often... i upgrade only if i *have* to, like in the situation ive mentioned or when i just have too much ressources and i'm not able to spend them atm. the healing point is true but as soon as we hit t2 coms barely help you coz of the dmg the units deal. at that point it's main role becomes providing LOS, at least for me. (and of course occasinal HLT dgunnig if your opponent isnt careful :wink: )

your opinion on nanotowers is understandable. and i agree with it but only partly because most of the time they get used later in the game, there are very few maps where it makes sense to build them early on. besides 1 nano = 2.7 cons in buildpower. not 10. and making those is a risk aswell. if there are any cons near the nano they will die to nano's explosion.

play with us to see for yourself
maybe you'll find some things to improve your statements so that they become more convicing. coz i'm not convinced yet.
mongus

Post by mongus »

Can someone enlighten me on why slashers got a damage buff over crashers in v9? thanks.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

mongus wrote:Can someone enlighten me on why slashers got a damage buff over crashers in v9? thanks.
no >_>

good thing you brought it up. i didn't know they got buffed. maybe i just forgot. i can remember a discussion about kbots beeing much better then vehicles maybe this is one of it's outcomes. i'm up for reducing its dmg, it already got more hp.

v8.1

jethro 18 dps
samson 17.14 dps

v9.55

jethro 18 dps
samson 19.52 dps

i'm ok with samsoms beeing a bit better, they have to coz veh have more HP in general and samson lines shouldnt become obsolete, but thats a bit too much i guess... (we need a "balance" subforum)
babbles

Post by babbles »

for me, best thing about comm morph (as in, most useful) is radar/extra los/build speed and decrease in cloaking

I'm not for removal of sing, but maybe limit its usage so you don't have spam

and although I agree with D gun increase of E in principle, in practice I'm against it. I don't want to stall on E 'cos I missed a shot on some stupid scout early game
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have no inention of running tests myself, I simply lack the time to do thorough testing, Im relying on the XTA players for help with that.

Provide hard specific changes you would like, things I can actually go out and do without filling in the blank.

Buff nanotowers = bad

Increase nanotowers build speed by 20% = good

nerf peewee = bad

reduce peewee weapon damage by 5 = good

When I have a list of changes ( and not general abstract ideas), I'll sort something out one evening. I'm not putting myself up as a maintainer here, if I was going to maintain a mod longterm I would start my own game.
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

agreement.

my personal wishlist is:

+ Removal of sing
+ Less cartoony fx redux + Less sparks/flashes
+ Removal or overhaul of nano towers
+ Increase in Dgun e-cost
+ Removing the cost of morphing (just time), making even the first morph require exp, and make the resulting bonus' more modest
+ overhaul of sea

but 100% of this clashes with the play-style of those who remain playing the current XTA :roll:
I agree with all these points but I'd say remove com morph. General nerf of com would be good tbh, players rely on it too much and it can make games boring.
Also:
-remove missile dance (pointless?)
-gunships seem bugged - refused to attack shipyard last game I played. TMO said it was a bug anyway

someone taking over XTA dev would be awesome btw!
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

babbles wrote:for me, best thing about comm morph (as in, most useful) is radar/extra los/build speed and decrease in cloaking

I'm not for removal of sing, but maybe limit its usage so you don't have spam

and although I agree with D gun increase of E in principle, in practice I'm against it. I don't want to stall on E 'cos I missed a shot on some stupid scout early game
i love the sing button, but it would be okay to give it a "reloadtime"

edit: i like the missile dancing, that made dihi
Gota

Post by Gota »

yes yes yes.plz remove com morph...
Also i think xta should have no radar dot auto targetting.
I think it will fit xta perfectly and will improve gameplay.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Increasing build time of nanos would drastically change the viability of air start. Not sure if thats a good or a bad thing.

In all the decent skill level 1v1 I have played, I have never once seen com repair ruining games. I dont think it needs gimping at all.

Removing radar targetting as a mod option would certainly be interesting. But you have sooo much to micro already in an XTA game, and I think it would really gimp t2, as well as probably giving core a slight advantage, in that they rely a bit less on skirmish/bombardment in t2.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I think no auto targetting was a huge part of OTA's charm.
It changes gameplay a lot.
XTA does not have less micro than BA.
BA is just faster so unless ur extra fast microing single units is very hard but it is still possible if u are fast enough and will give you bigger chances to win.
BA has more units and they are faster but you can still fix them and the rest of the things you can do in xta.
Xta even has nanos now which means you dont have to build and micro 100 cons.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

i don't want the com to be as useless as in BA :/ i kinda like the idea that the most importannt unit is usually on the frontline fighting with the main force.

here is how dancing missiles came to be. units used to shoot straight by that i mean on a flat ground crasher's missile would fly parallel to the ground to hit a target. so a couple of DTs were unpenetretable. but we still wanted at least some misslies to get through so people came up with "dancing". few spring releases later units learned to aim not just straight but at a point of a target they could still see. if you'd fps a crasher and com's head would still be visible behind the DTs crasher would now aim for the head. at this point DTs became useless, iirc noruas tried to fix this somehow forcing the units to shoot straight again. but it worked out only partly. we could try removing the dancing and see what would happen.

Return to “XTA”