The Star Wars: Imperial Winter Eyecandy Thread [56k warning] - Page 5

The Star Wars: Imperial Winter Eyecandy Thread [56k warning]

A tense title presenting the period of frigid conflict under Imperial rule in the Star Wars universe at lightspeed.

Moderator: Content Developer

Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

What size is that texture?
TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

Zenka wrote:sweet zoombie on a pogostick, where have you been hiding all this time!
My thoughts exactly. Kind of.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

AT-AA is 512x512

TIE Drone is 512 as well right now, but looks essentially the same at 256 unless you're really really close up. We're keeping the texture sizes down as much as possible for efficiency, however, we are keeping the higher copies around for later so stuff doesn't need redone if we want to release a high-res pack.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Looking good, Warlord.
:D
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

That's really good WZ! I don't really think I have any complaints aside from the <inevitable> brightness complaint, but that's a matter of preference, I suppose ;) Just needs logotextures on the wingtips etc
smoth

Post by smoth »

Argh wrote:One of these times, Smoth, you will surprise me by not rising to such bait ;)
I never see you get pissed about peoples comments. I think as far as modeling goes you have elephant hide :P
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

All these models are looking so great! I sure hope you do them full justice and don't cut corners in the scripting :wink:
Yes, I will be checking each and every ship, including the tie fighter though its barrels are barely inches apart. :twisted:
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I suppose we will have to wait and see, my fellow nerdling.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Aah, the pitfalls of working in the Star Wars universe ;)

Thanks, all!
smoth

Post by smoth »

Vassago, what size is that unit texture?
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

... I answered that already...
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

[/throw smothBait]

But seeing the answer woudl require him to go back another page! That's like, an extra three clicks for Smoth.
smoth

Post by smoth »

The smoth passes by not noticing the bait. You have failed to capture any smoths this time. Andy starves to death
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

TIE Defender:

smoth

Post by smoth »

crop please, that way discussion will not be hard to read.

that being said. It looks great but what style are you guys using? If you and Vassago do not decide on a style the art will look hodge-podge.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

hum, it's somewhat difficult to do, but I think that we are each keeping an eye on the other's work, and ensuring that things look similar.

Also, it is likely that we will stick to certain unit classes, so that all the TIE's will look very similar, and all the walkers will look very similar, because they will likely be done by the same person. Meanwhile, the overall design feel will be harder to manage, but hopefully still very cohesive, given that Vassago and I are both fans of the more gritty feel of design. Besides, as I get better, hopefully I'll be able to express my textures better, and so they'll end up looking more similar to vassago's anyway.

The biggest difference at the moment is that I rely more heavily on filters, while he handdraws his textures in far more detail. Still, I think if we keep to distinct classes, and keep an eye on what the other is doing (and hopefully I'll learn a lot form vassago, and be influenced there, which would help in making them look more similar) things will work out fine.
smoth

Post by smoth »

sounds good, and thanks for the crop. I will as always happily watch as your project progresses.

Also, take a look at the gundam wiki. If you guys could do something like that for starwars that would be great. I still do not know what is for what playing it. A detailed wiki would be awesome.

OT:
I am trying to look into a way of adding some very light grit to the mod. Right now I am debating about whether or not I should redo the gaw and whitebase(about 2-3 days each) as 2048X2048 with some VERY VERY subtle details added. Oh well, I'll see in time.

Anyway, yeah keep up the good work.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Vassago

Post by Vassago »

That tie looks great, warlord :)

As for our differant art styles, I see it as being okay for right now. Afterall, Warlord is working on space-based units such as the tie's. They are affected by more things than just rain and wind. This results in a differant sort of wear and tear. I think the differant styles (in this case) work great :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I object to the AAI specific instructions on that wiki page. It makes no mention of the fact that this mod works fine with NTai nor does it mention KAI

Return to “Star Wars: Imperial Winter”