The Star Wars: Imperial Winter Eyecandy Thread [56k warning] - Page 6

The Star Wars: Imperial Winter Eyecandy Thread [56k warning]

A tense title presenting the period of frigid conflict under Imperial rule in the Star Wars universe at lightspeed.

Moderator: Content Developer

smoth

Post by smoth »

I have looked through it but it is soo verbose and it is not brokent down into more digestable chunks. If you could break it apart with more formating and more paragraph usage that would be the win!
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

my complaints with wiki are same as smoth's

and yes WZ that TIE is sex.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

So change it AF. At the time of writing, I was only aware that it worked with AAI. You are 100% welcome to put instructions in as to how to use NTAI or any other AI's, and I will copy them over to the manual on the site. Seeing as I know very little about NTAI, and was only tipped off to the fact that AAI works by another player, I was in no position to write up an explanation about whether other AI's work, and simply mentioned that they may work.

Smoth: I understand what you mean, but to be honest, after spending 20+ odd hours editing the old SWTA one and typing up new sections, and then formatting into Wiki (the buildpics for the unit guide were a nightmare), I don't really feel like going near it again. Especially seeing as my understanding of wiki formatting is very basic.

I considered breaking it up into seperate pages, so that people aren't confronted with the mass of text that they are, which I agree can be quite discouraging.

I'll have another look at it when we get closer to another release, and I have to edit it to put in new information. Until then, anyone is welcome to try and break it up (without removing information) into more seperate elements, on the single page or on seperate pages, if they think they can make it less overwhelming. I'd like it to be done, but I have far too many things to do to go near that monster again.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

KAI and NTai work with starwars spring with no steps necessary.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Imperial AT-MD:

Comments/critique welcome.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Before anyone asks, "Mobile Deflector," a shield unit, our own design for gameplay purposes.
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Looks awesome!
.MJJNL.

Post by .MJJNL. »

oh please Vassago can we borrow you for a while for our mod :P :wink:
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Okay... that MD is teh awsomes... I was wondering a bit about the lack of colour... then I realised that you are probably saving that for the team colouring... so yeah... still teh awsomes.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

LOL UGLY just kidding

Good job, I like the high detail and that metal texture! :)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

OMG, that's the worst texture I've ever seen! Also, santa clause is real.
.MJJNL.

Post by .MJJNL. »

SwiftSpear wrote:OMG, that's the worst texture I've ever seen! Also, santa clause is real.
What's worse 'bout it, its just awsome.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

.MJJNL. wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:OMG, that's the worst texture I've ever seen! Also, santa clause is real.
What's worse 'bout it, its just awsome.
SwiftSpear... we may have children surfing these forums, please be carful not to spoil their innocence... :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

SinbadEV wrote:SwiftSpear... we may have children surfing these forums, please be carful not to spoil their innocence... :P
Or you can expose the lies of their parents... LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think the unit is really cool, but whats going to prevent people from building a million of them and having a inpenetrable wall of sheilds/deflectors?
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

High unit cost? That's my guess...

Thanks for the feeeback, all.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

We'll see. But the texture is very nice. I like how it looks three dimensional.
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

Gnome wrote:Before anyone asks, "Mobile Deflector," a shield unit, our own design for gameplay purposes.
lol i'm like, "WTH is a AT-MD?" and then i read your post...

nice texture... does the dish-thing turn? i think it may look better if it did, but whatever... Conic shields, anyone? :P
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

How much are they paying you Vassago?
Another impressive model!
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Give props to Warlord for the excellant model :)

I just textured it.

AFAIK, the dish doesn't rotate. But the pivots are certainly setup to rotate properly :)

Return to “Star Wars: Imperial Winter”