Graphical improvements

Graphical improvements

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Graphical improvements

Post by hoijui »

I have just spectated a game of S44 rev 2619.

I saw the following graphical glitches:
  • MGs on hills, shooting at infantry on a lower level appeared to shoot way over the heads of the enemies (shots stayed at same height). i got told that this is only the tracers (visuals), most likely.
  • tanks bumping into each other/infantry/other stuff. Godde told me, that this is needed for them not getting stuck all the time. visually it makes them appear more like toys then heavy stuff.
  • (US) riffle infantries: sometimes, their riffles pointed to their home base, while they shot at the enemy (tracers went the correct way). so shots were more then 90 degrees off the way they should be headed according to the riffle.
all this is probably not very important, as usually only spectators will see these things.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Graphical improvements

Post by FLOZi »

It is only the tracers, caused because of some problem with emitted weapons.

We should add pushresistant=1; to all vehicles, keep forgetting to try that. Also some hitspheres are too small.

All riflemen should be running the same script. Inf scripts can be quite buggy at times, possibly scripts will be rewritten in lua once the 'Market Garden' release has been made.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

sounds good :-)

yeah infantry ..
a lot of them (or maybe all, as you say they are equal) seem to dance at times. they like to swing their guns. i first though it is cause they are reloading, but eg AT infantry and snipers swing their gun multiple times in-between shots.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Wait! Is there a different between hit sphere and collision sphere? O_o
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

hoijui wrote:but eg AT infantry and snipers swing their gun multiple times in-between shots.
this is because cob and/or Spring suck the fuckballs and attempting to do anything other than the most basic of mechanical robot movements results in some extremely buggy shit.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Or, more likely, I just coded them badly >_> <_<
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Nemo wrote:Or, more likely, I just coded them badly >_> <_<
Well, coding animations right can be prohibitively time intensive, which is probably more to what Spiked meant.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Its not merely the animations but managing the states and transitions which is the real problem with current S44 scripts, I would expect.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Yeah, that is surely the bigger problem. the animations themselves are generally okay (and mostly just consist of different poses).

Return to “Spring: 1944”