Problems with CTRL, CAPS LOCK and ALT keys (in Linux).

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

jetbird

Post by jetbird »

Hello!

In this new BA versions (or spring version 98.0, I don't know exactly) there are some problems with keys. Maybe you can advice me something so I could fix them?

* I have Linux, and Ctrl and Caps lock swapped in system (KDE 4.12, and spring 96 recognized that swapping), but 98 and BA 8.05 force me to use left bottom Ctrl-key;
* My ALT key is not working when I try to include a new unit in a factory build queue - Alt+Left Mouse Click on a unit (but it works when I add a unit into autogroup: Alt+number).

Please, help me to fix this!
Silentwings

Re: Problems with CTRL, CAPS LOCK and ALT keys (in Linux).

Post by Silentwings »

I have Linux, and Ctrl and Caps lock swapped in system (KDE 4.12, and spring 96 recognized that swapping), but 98 and BA 8.05 force me to use left bottom Ctrl-key;
I certainly don't advise re-mapping key modifiers in Spring; that sounds like a recipe for trouble to me. I can't help there, probably you need someone very familiar with one or more of linux and SDL2. There is http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=4584, which is maybe someone with the same issue.
My ALT key is not working when I try to include a new unit in a factory build queue - Alt+Left Mouse Click on a unit
Autogrouping is likely unrelated to this. I think that there is nothing inside BA which would cause/prevent alt+leftmouse to have the effect you describe (and it does nothing for me); so I think this must be related to your local settings/widgets.
albator

Re: Problems with CTRL, CAPS LOCK and ALT keys (in Linux).

Post by albator »

jetbird wrote:* My ALT key is not working when I try to include a new unit in a factory build queue - Alt+Left Mouse Click on a unit (but it works when I add a unit into autogroup: Alt+number).
I experienced similar issue with mint Q17 cinnamon. I had to disable some special action/keybinding that was specific to my windows manager. Also try to see what does alt+left click does when you are in windowed mod (alt+enter iirc) to help you pin point what is the problem.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”