Anti nuke ships can't guard a number of buildings

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Reproduced it in replay.

It, inconsistently, can't guard some buildings. Check replay for a number of examples.

It is very annoying because if anti nuke ships are not doing something they are regarded as idle builders. It is also annoying because you CAN give the order and the order seems to be executed (the blue line is there till the ship reaches its destination, then it is gone again).
20140427_153832_Charlie in the Hills v2_96.sdf
(191.82 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
klapmongool

Re: Anti nuke ships can't guard a number of buildings

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings, I made this for you.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Yes - busy week, I'll look at it at the weekend.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Not managed to isolate the bug here yet - it seems (even in your replay) that its rare and not easily reproducible.

The real failure here is your idle builders widget using the wrong criteria to recognize an idle builder - it should not classify air repair pads as builders since they cannot recieve build commands.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings wrote:Not managed to isolate the bug here yet - it seems (even in your replay) that its rare and not easily reproducible.

The real failure here is your idle builders widget using the wrong criteria to recognize an idle builder - it should not classify air repair pads as builders since they cannot recieve build commands.
I use ctrl-b only for identifying idle builders.

edit: and yes, i can reproduce this every single game, every single try. The reason it seems 'not easily reproducible' is because BA changed to become more inconsistent. It is perfectly reproducible for the buildings marked in the replay. (I noticed that it goes for even more buildings in games played after this replay).
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Ok, sorry, didn't know you were using ctrl+b, will look again.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It is perfectly reproducible for the buildings marked in the replay.
I haven't been able to reproduce it, not even once - when I give guard orders to those units, they are not dropped. I can even cheat myself into your team during the replay and give a guard order to the unit where it fails for you, and the orders I give are not dropped.

I can see when your guard orders are dropped - in fact, when your guard order is "dropped" it is being overwritten by some other order; I can see that order too but there is no record of where it came from. It could be you or a widget you have, it could also be a bug in BA/engine (in which case, a bug that somehow doesn't affect the orders that I give).

Bizarrely, your replay gives desync warnings for me, everytime I run it, so it's possible that I am not even seeing the game you intended me too (I've no way of telling). Not all of the cases where you placed a marker correspond to me seeing an order of yours get dropped, for example, the first one doesn't but the second one does.

Atm my only idea is for you to test with /luaui disable and then also /luarules disable & see if you can still reproduce (in which case, demo + infolog please).

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”