Anti missed?

Anti missed?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Floris

Anti missed?

Post by Floris »

Sometimes anti missile still miss a nuke.

Checkout the twitch recording I made of the event:
http://www.twitch.tv/ruwetuin/b/515838675

note: first massive nuking is stopped correctly, but somewhat after that 2 nukes are fired and only one get stopped. No anti's were empeed, as seen in the closeup.

Link to demofile:
http://replays.springrts.com/replay/f48 ... 84acf2779/

Plz sort this out, if 18 antis can't stop 2 nukes...... o_0
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Anti misses

Post by jamerlan »

Just my thoughts:

long laggy video with too much visuals turned on and resolution is too high to watch for most of the people.

and demo is too long

I guess nobody will look at this issue :-D

maybe you can reproduce this in singleplayer? give enemy 18 anti and launch nukes to them. I am creating such short demos to help devs when I am reporting bugs

Maybe its' related to this: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31785
(again too long demo to watch)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

There is no chance of me searching a whole 1h46m replay of an 8v8 for a minor 'bug', I simply don't have time (you haven't bothered to tell me when/where to look, but it's too long regardless). I wasn't able to see the video since I just get "adobe plugin has crashed".

As decay said - please reproduce in singleplayer mode (I have been unable too) and post a short demo (use /cheat, /give corsilo, /give coramd, /give cafus, /give cormmmkr and /team # to change team).
...still...
There has been no previous report of this.
decay wrote:Maybe its' related to this: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31785
That is not related afaics - just someone wanting antis to load/fire faster.
PJY

Post by PJY »

On a similar note, Bluestone, I have ingeniously hidden a nail in a haystack. The haystack is not a proper haystack with the nail in it. Please can you remove the nail? Just to create a harder challenge, I won't tell you where the haystack actually is and I have made the nail out of plastic so that you can find it via magnetism.

Once you've found the nail I have the mother of cryptic crosswords for you to attempt.

:-)
Floris

Post by Floris »

PJY, your pun isnt really relevant.
(you haven't bothered to tell me when/where to look, but it's too long regardless)
The twitch video shows ingame time (start 1:11:19)

I just made a topic here because bluestone actually was spec in that game, and saw it happen too, but didnt agree on the bug. Because there might be just a few anti's stunned (from the 18 anti's that covered it, LOL)

This video just proves it for certainly was indeed a bug.
No more specifics indeed.
Last edited by Floris on 02 Apr 2014, 16:39, edited 2 times in total.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I wasn't able to see the video since I just get "adobe plugin has crashed".
Sorry! But I very much doubt that a video would make it clear to me whether or not there was a bug.
Floris

Post by Floris »

It makes clear that the first massive nuke attempt (13 nukes) was perfectly stopped, but then later 4 nukes get launched, and 4 anti missiles get launched too, but 1 misses. (all 18 anti's had multiple missles loaded)

I guess that the most furthest anti missed, it was about right about the edge of its range.
It appeard just random anti's launch, despite if others are closer to nuke target.

I even think I've seen this happen before
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Silentwings, give the anti nuke a longer flight time and higher turn radius. That should fix any silliness.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

... that should fix any silliness.
It would make no difference at all since the turnrate is already crazy high and the flighttime is at least a factor of 8 beyond how long an anti-nuke actually flies for.

Let me say it again in case it isn't clear.
silentwings wrote: ... reproduce ... (I have been unable too) and post a short demo.
knorke

Re: Anti missed?

Post by knorke »

maybe it is reproducable by logging the positions of nuke & anti.
then spawn them at the same positions and test.
But it still requires watching one hour demo hm ;)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Might have something to do with the number of nukes flying in and their launchtime separating.

A few weeks ago we had some oddness wrt antis not firing in evo and it was related to some apparent spring oddness with how antis target nukes (Evo uses a giant beamlaser as the anti).

That said, a 2 hour long demo of an 8v8? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
Floris

Post by Floris »

attacked a nuke test demo which will show nukes failing. Twice. Feel free to take over controll with /godmode after the first 4 launches or so...

Skip to 13:20. This is the time I start nuking.
Attachments
20140407_074251_DeltaSiegeDry_96.zip
(117.14 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Thanks, fixed in 7.95.

(The issue here was that the starburst launcher does not account for the time taken in its rising stage when calculating at what time it needs to fire to intercept the antinuke.)

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”