Advanced Fusions need to be tweaked

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

DragonSpawn

Post by DragonSpawn »

Too many games are turning into stalemates as no one attacks and everyone trenches in to spam advanced fusions. It robs the game of a lot of excitement.

Therefore in general consensus the best solution was decided to be to buff the advanced fusions explosion radius by a parameter of 5x and it's explosion damage by 10x.

This means they're only built later on when they can be properly defended and it becomes a tactical choice where to place them so as not to wipe out yourself and your neighbors base. Thereby forcing techer nubs to move their factory forward towards the action or leave their base to build the advanced fusion.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Re: Advanced Fusions need to be tweaked

Post by dansan »

Please also make them transportable by krogs.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

DragonSpawn

Post by DragonSpawn »

Silentwings wrote:Image

PERFECT. IMO this would make advanced fusions a much riskier investment and bring a nice factor into the game. At the very least it ought to be a server option.
[LOeT]Brenner

Post by [LOeT]Brenner »

I think that back players (techers) will still build advanced fusions, becouse they dont care anyway. Many of them think like: "I will just try to rush ubereco to have fun & if i fail, i will just try again next game, i will just lose 10-15 mins in the case of fail". They dont understand that it is actually a team game and that they waste also a time of max. 15 another players.

Anyway it would be still very nice to try it out. I can be also very wrong with my thoughts. :)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Add 0k-ramp-building or T4-walls to BA and those afus can become a major offensive weapon!
Built in DSD middle in front of a ramp/wall, the selfd would wipe out half of the map of the enemy, but your teams side would be shielded by the ramp/wall.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

DragonSpawn wrote:it becomes a tactical choice where to place them so as not to wipe out yourself and your neighbors base. Thereby forcing techer nubs to move their factory forward towards the action or leave their base to build the advanced fusion.
This is already an issue with the existing "small" blast radius, how would increasing solve the problem?
Senna

Post by Senna »

A-Fus are ok as they are. They are expensive and hard to defend

Take it as experience.
Ive tryed to change the gameplay a lot of times.
First times i was a noob and when i was doing that dsd morphs maps changing the gameplay the first ones were incredible eco. but later ive did many changes like doing afus more expensive and lot of changes if make afus more expensive people will wait more time to get the eco.

and if make the afus more radius explosion then front players gonna be even more forced to protect the shit-out of back techers cuz theyr base gonna blow too [tested it on the dsd mods and unfair]

also did t2 labs a-lot more expensive like 7-8k metal, people waits till get the t2.....

The only thing to prevent afus spam is removing them, but people not want that and keep playing older versions.....

Many changes were done about afus even on BA.

The problem is A-fus is balanced with the T3 units, decreasing theyr value it will afect too mutch on the T3 production
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Couldn't take this thread serious after this sentence:
Therefore in general consensus the best solution was decided to
smoth

Post by smoth »

DragonSpawn wrote: PERFECT. IMO this would make advanced fusions a much riskier investment and bring a nice factor into the game. At the very least it ought to be a server option.
not every map has this level of softness
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Why not 100x blast while you're at it? I rarely play BA now. When I do most people put adv fus in the middle of their base like a day0 noob. So go find a cure for stupidity and give everyone an antidote. Problem solved. ;-)

If you make them too costly to lose people will just spam regular fus instead and the result is you will see less expensive units e.g krow. Then you effectively cut off some parts of the unit tree. Are you some kind of game mutilator??

Stop playing maps with thin chokepoints and go fix pathing, then people might actually feel there is a point in attacking other than for giving away metal to the other team. Reduce the huge lag due to one bastard slowing down every large game, making people want to end it any way they can(dgun your buddy on DSD sound familiar?). Drop his sorry ass after say 45 seconds of delay and be done with it. That will force him to buy a proper PC and connection or play smaller games. And stop buffing turrets. Turrets are immobile duh, the more you have and the more effective they are the more stalemate you get. Luckily we have tons of turrets! Go play another game this one is not for you. May I suggest checkers?
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Thanks to President P, I was called back to army to train with explosives, mines, booby traps etc, and couldnt but think about BA while blowing holes to a wheat field. I mean the blow radius of lets say one BA fusion is x, and same radius x is one little bar of plastic boom fun.

But when the plastic fun is doubled, the shock wave is much bigger. Triple that and its... you get the point.

But in BA, if you blow one fus, it leaves a hole and does some horizontal damage. You put two fus right next to each other and they blow at roughly the same time, the hole is bigger but the radius of boom isnt bigger than that of two separate ones? Three fus side by side should make as wide boom as afus, but it doesnt?

Would it not be cool, that if someone does build three afus at his bases center(right next to each other), that would put your neighbors base in real danger also? So there would be less shitty eco 10-afus-or-nothing whoring. Would make a game nicer as you cant just survive by luck and then pump out shitloads of t3. Fun? really? Cool if afus would be as rare as mr krog.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Last post was hastily written while distracted.

So, if someone would build more than 1 afus(near each other) it would make it risky to be near his base(his own base is doomed anyway if enemy bombs, see what brenner said), and therefore massing fus'n'stuff would be discouraged because you harm your friends too.

Why was afus made? Too long games with fewer units and less risk of massive fail because one or two guys?

Or make afus radiate and damage stuff near it.
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

My crappy idea to balance the balanced fusions in balanced mod:

Code: Select all

Balanced Fus HP = (Fus HP + AFus HP) / 2
Balanced Fus Buildtime = (Fus Buildtime + AFus Buildtime) / 2
Balanced Fus Metal Cost = (Fus Metal Cost + AFus Metal Cost) / 2
Balanced Fus Energy Cost = (Fus Energy Cost + AFus Energy Cost) / 2
Balanced Fus Energy Production = (Fus Energy Production + AFus Energy Production) / 2
Balanced Fus Explosion Damage = (Fus Explosion Damage + AFus Explosion Damage) / 2
Balanced Fus Explosion Radius = (Fus Explosion Radius + AFus Explosion Radius) / 2
That's one hella of addition and divison, I'm exhausted

:mrgreen:
albator

Post by albator »

DragonSpawn wrote: Therefore in general consensus the best solution was decided to be to buff the advanced fusions explosion radius by a parameter of 5x and it's explosion damage by 10x.

+1

You can use them as mine building them close to enemy bases
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

What the funny comedian said. As a mine theyd need to be cloakable. Drain 200-250 energy/second. Decreased metal cost is a must, as you get less energy if afus is cloaked.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”