All the good players? - Page 2

All the good players?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Johannes

Re: All the good players?

Post by Johannes »

Anarchid wrote:
ZK just can't match that
u srs?
y
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

LulzTyphon wrote:buhu, the game sucks.

ohai i'm unknown by teh way, you might not know me but i played spring ages ago! like one whole year ago!!! it sux naow! dsd sux!! we need big brother to make the little stupid ppl do as i want! i need a steady stream of players to satiate my ravenous hunger for uberskillzorz opponents! if u dont do as i say, i might go away again! u rilly dont want that, nuh-uh! i have lots of ideas, why wont ppl do them for me? why nobody listens!! AAARGH
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

LulzTyphon wrote:...
All said a hundred times by a hundred ppl, nothing new, nothing to see, move on.
LulzTyphon

Post by LulzTyphon »

Cheesecan wrote:
LulzTyphon wrote:buhu, the game sucks.

ohai i'm unknown by teh way, you might not know me but i played spring ages ago! like one whole year ago!!! it sux naow! dsd sux!! we need big brother to make the little stupid ppl do as i want! i need a steady stream of players to satiate my ravenous hunger for uberskillzorz opponents! if u dont do as i say, i might go away again! u rilly dont want that, nuh-uh! i have lots of ideas, why wont ppl do them for me? why nobody listens!! AAARGH
that's a very dumb interpretation of my post, dumb enough to likely be troll

1) This forum account is different name to in-game, you probably know me even if you are not aware, a retard could have worked that one out
2) Started with Spring something like 7 years ago
3) "stream of players" is hardly the point, people sticking around is the point.. because when they eventually get bored of 8v8 DSD, they don't really have any other choice but to leave
4) I'm not even playing right now, why would I, no one else is, it's pretty much gone down the drain

I was merely offering some simplified examples of potential fixes to problems that pretty much any experienced player will agree on. Noobs like you however, who are still in the stage where they prefer to play 8v8 DSD all day and aren't really aware of other kinds of games, have different (un-educated) opinions
dansan wrote:
LulzTyphon wrote:...
All said a hundred times by a hundred ppl, nothing new, nothing to see, move on.
lol yes, like I said everyone knows the problems and ideas for fixes but nothing is done so gg ba :(
knorke

Post by knorke »

Johannes wrote:
Anarchid wrote:
ZK just can't match that
u srs?
y
play xta. :roll:
LulzTyphon

Post by LulzTyphon »

lol I am much more a fan of ZK now than BA, don't get me wrong

it's just that I've yet to see any 1v1 scene in ZK or even any pro clan matches

till I see anything like that, I'm not even sure if ZK is capable of the high-skill 1v1s that BA can produce, but maybe it is even more awesome I don't know lol
knorke

Post by knorke »

I think the best way to find out is making lolthreads on forum
smoth

Post by smoth »

knorke wrote:I think the best way to find out is making lolthreads on forum
FUND THis MAn HE iz genUIz
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

smoth wrote:
knorke wrote:I think the best way to find out is making lolthreads on forum
FUND THis MAn HE iz genUIz
Im throwing money at my screen but all that happens is the change scratching it up :(
smoth

Post by smoth »

DAMNIT
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Spring is ever-nearing 1.0. Should probably start thinking about how you're going to market it. Just need to make sure there's at least one robust game and all the major long-time bugs in the lobby, engine, game are ironed out.

Once that happens, Spring might finally get the influx of players it's owed. Then I expect BA's 1v1 scene would probably pick up again provided there's a map-max-player-size feature to prevent 30 games of 16+ player DSD.
albator

Post by albator »

Jazcash wrote:Spring is ever-nearing 1.0. Should probably start thinking about how you're going to market it. Just need to make sure there's at least one robust game and all the major long-time bugs in the lobby, engine, game are ironed out.

Once that happens, Spring might finally get the influx of players it's owed. Then I expect BA's 1v1 scene would probably pick up again provided there's a map-max-player-size feature to prevent 30 games of 16+ player DSD.
I just completely agree with that. There is a reason why every single RTS limits the battle size : you cannot make a game balance anymore and still using some very fancy/special unit at the same time cause it ends in a rush/fight to special weapon while some player are damping the front.

Balance is a trade off between a flat gameplay with a huge amount of players and a very complex 1v1
LulzTyphon

Post by LulzTyphon »

Spring is ever-nearing 1.0. Should probably start thinking about how you're going to market it. Just need to make sure there's at least one robust game and all the major long-time bugs in the lobby, engine, game are ironed out.
lol I play quite a few crappy, old, low-playerbase games like Spring and this almost exact same comment is like a copy-pasta going around all of them :P

It's just wishful thinking lol do you really think any of the random devs, after all this time, are going to suddenly fix all the bugs and problems then 'market' Spring and make it all popular and stuff aha

Spring is only getting older and not necessarily getting any better. People rather just add things than fix old things. So many different crappy lobbies floating around now and the main old one TAS Client seems to be hardly used anymore because people too busy using crap like Spring Lobby !
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

LulzTyphon wrote: It's just wishful thinking lol do you really think any of the random devs, after all this time, are going to suddenly fix all the bugs and problems then 'market' Spring and make it all popular and stuff aha
I never said that's what they're going to do. I said that's what they should do.
LulzTyphon wrote: Spring is only getting older and not necessarily getting any better. People rather just add things than fix old things. So many different crappy lobbies floating around now and the main old one TAS Client seems to be hardly used anymore because people too busy using crap like Spring Lobby !
Spring has come a long way since I started playing, to say it hasn't is a bit silly. People started to move away from TASClient when Satirik raged that time and everything went tits up. Although I too still think it's the best lobby. However it's Windows only, which makes it a no go for official use.
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

Jazcash wrote:Spring is ever-nearing 1.0. Should probably start thinking about how you're going to market it. Just need to make sure there's at least one robust game and all the major long-time bugs in the lobby, engine, game are ironed out.

I completely agree, but it would be better to start now with the "feature to prevent 30 games of 16+ player DSD"
Spring has come a long way since I started playing, to say it hasn't is a bit silly. People started to move away from TASClient when Satirik raged that time and everything went tits up. Although I too still think it's the best lobby. However it's Windows only, which makes it a no go for official use.
Have you tried Notalobby? It is getting better and better really fast :)
(works on linux, windows and mac)
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

marciolino wrote:Subject: All the good players?

I completely agree, but it would be better to start now with the "feature to prevent 30 games of 16+ player DSD"
It has been made clear that there will be no forcing of such things. Thus offering an alternative is the only way. It could start really simple:

The first step has already been taken: Run autohosts with a hard playerlimit ([x]TheHost 1 & 2).

Second step: Implement an admin command on the autohost that allows to move all specs to a different autohost when there are 12* specs or more.

Example: There are 12 players in [x]TheHost and 16 spectators and [x]TheHost2 is empty. An admin is on and makes a judgement of the situation: he thinks a 3v3 or more game would be played if the 16 specs would be moved to [x]TheHost2. He uses !move and all 16 specs are moved.

Third step: profit and maybe implement an option for specs to run !notmove command. This would register them with the autohost so they would not be included in the !move. The number of !notmoves should be taken into account when determining when to !move.

(far future steps: steal juggler once it has been improved into a functional matchmaking system).

*or higher if you like.
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

knorke wrote:
Johannes wrote:
Anarchid wrote: u srs?
y
play xta. :roll:
Good that, now that i got my linux spring recompiled, i can boycott that dsd thing by loitering on 1x1 hosts intead :P
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Once forcejoinbattle is implemented on uberserver you will see non dsd ba autohosts moving people.

As far as good games go, you can still find them daily during the evenings. You can't however expect to find more than a dsd 8v8 during the day.

Most good players are reaching that age where they have other things going on during the day. The younger players online during the day only know dsd.. and the ones that want to play other maps are too few so they have to join dsd.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

LulzTyphon wrote:lol I am much more a fan of ZK now than BA, don't get me wrong

it's just that I've yet to see any 1v1 scene in ZK or even any pro clan matches

till I see anything like that, I'm not even sure if ZK is capable of the high-skill 1v1s that BA can produce, but maybe it is even more awesome I don't know lol
There is a 1v1 scene, its just shy. If you pm me in the lobby I'll give you some games.

If we play some good games Floris might commentate some. :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/XtaReplay
smoth

Post by smoth »

I.. I..
luckywaldo7 wrote:There is a 1v1 scene, its just shy. If you pm me in the lobby I'll give you some games.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”