All the good players? - Page 5

All the good players?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Silentwings

Re: All the good players?

Post by Silentwings »

Do we have to have a stupid thread like this?

Does it matter if average skill level of players goes up/down over time? No...

There are plenty of times of day (e.g. all except EU evening time) without 8v8dsd, and there is no rush of 'good playres' wanting to play smallish games then, usually just one with average skill players. Elitists should stop whining, or, actually talk to each other, get together and play some games together.

BA is not dying due to 8v8 games. What scares newbies off and reduces the playerbase is arrogant players constantly insulting newbies. I agree with vbs that there has been much less of this lately, probably precisely because we've lost some of the best players, some of whom who couldn't control their egos.

Implement an ELO balance system when we can, but more importantly elitists who think abolishing 8v8 will make 'higher skill' games should just get over it and be nice to newbs. Most players will never care enough to develop into highly skilled 1v1/2v2ers.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Silentwings wrote: There are plenty of times of day (e.g. all except EU evening time) without 8v8dsd, and there is no rush of 'good playres' wanting to play smallish games then, usually just one with average skill players. Elitists should stop whining, or, actually talk to each other, get together and play some games together.

BA is not dying due to 8v8 games. What scares newbies off and reduces the playerbase is arrogant players constantly insulting newbies. I agree with vbs that there has been much less of this lately, probably precisely because we've lost some of the best players, some of whom who couldn't control their egos.

Implement an ELO balance system when we can, but more importantly elitists who think abolishing 8v8 will make 'higher skill' games should just get over it and be nice to newbs. Most players will never care enough to develop into highly skilled 1v1/2v2ers.
Sheep's question has nothing to do with DSD or egos or anything like that you know? Nice off-topic there, keep it up.

Let those who want some competition ask where all the good players went ffs, why does it even bother you?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

From sheeps original post:
How did this happen lol, my guess is people eventually got sick of constant 8v8 dsd, especially when it turned into dsd-revolutions lol
And you tell me his 'topic' had nothing to do with DSD? :roll:

You also said:
Let those who want some competition ask where all the good players went ffs, why does it even bother you?
The question of where these good players went doesn't bother me. I didn't even mention it.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Yes Silentwings, this thread is not about DSD, essentially... I think you get it.

Also, I meant that it seems to bother you that Sheep here is asking where all them good players went. "Do we have to have a stupid thread like this?". What's wrong with this thread? That was a good question from Sheep.
albator

Post by albator »

imo, a good part of the good players went DSD and became bad :p
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Carpenter; If you read the thread, even just the first page, you'll see many posts mentioning DSD/8v8+.

As I said, I have no problem with the part of this thread which debates where the good player went.

As I also said, I don't see a problem with many of the top players having left, its made it a much better place for the newbies - some of them actually stay now (and I'm not the only one to notice this).

I think BA has a better chance to expand its playerbase without a few elitists trying to make everyone play it like a pro.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Play a variety of games, it's good for you.
smoth

Post by smoth »

LOL they will baw about how OTHERGAME is not ba like enough.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Silentwings wrote:Carpenter; If you read the thread, even just the first page, you'll see many posts mentioning DSD/8v8+.

As I said, I have no problem with the part of this thread which debates where the good player went.

As I also said, I don't see a problem with many of the top players having left, its made it a much better place for the newbies - some of them actually stay now (and I'm not the only one to notice this).

I think BA has a better chance to expand its playerbase without a few elitists trying to make everyone play it like a pro.
Yes true i agree that
Last edited by Senna on 24 Mar 2012, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Carpenter wrote:Yes Silentwings, this thread is not about DSD, essentially... I think you get it.

Also, I meant that it seems to bother you that Sheep here is asking where all them good players went. "Do we have to have a stupid thread like this?". What's wrong with this thread? That was a good question from Sheep.
LoL 40 Pro players= 20 1v1 games or another 2 8v8 games non DSD.

And i think im very short, there is more than 40 pro players, the other thing its if they want force other people to play what they want.

We are on a diplomacy culture not a dictatorship.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Ok let me get this straight for you:

Look at the obvious first:

The first three replies gives you the answer:
LulzTyphon wrote: of all the teh, PiRO, tN, PinK, Fx, even Mars; every decent player left . How did this happen lol, my guess is people eventually got sick of constant 8v8 dsd, especially when it turned into dsd-revolutions lol
Jazcash wrote:Either that or they started playing ZK, probably.
luckywaldo7 wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Either that or they started playing ZK, probably.
They aren't over here.

SC2 maybe?
daftalx wrote:i guess some ppl grow old, get kids/serious, you know, the usual.
So conclusions:

• Yes, it's about DSD
  • Being good at something is always tied to the context. (meaning people might be good at playing DSD now)
  • People get old and bored, they either stop playing or change the game. So if you come to look for your old buddies, farts, you most probably wont find them here.
  • New people step in. They are new, so you are not familiar with the names. They also might have different idea of what is "in" or what is fun. This is common difference between old and young people.
  • The rest here is just ego/flamewars.
  • Plz stfu.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Pointless... all insults is because DSD it is always DSD fault...
Ba = dies because DSD....

In my opinion, what kill BA is not DSD, is the players that kick new players.

They come, play 1 game, they dont know and place on same spot of others, some old pro players start kicking, he get kicked, next game he is back and start on a clean spot. Then get kicked again because its noob, he get tired of it and leave..

And do not tell me is not true because ive been seeing this alot more before than now, its maybe because before there was more old pro players?.

Now we have more noobs than pro, and new players get fun and play the game, that is the way to get a mod or spring being popular, but kicking them is just something to call that guy a spring killer, because he is kicking the new comes and letting only old there, they get tired and leave and then no players, easy like that
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Senna wrote:LoL 40 Pro players= 20 1v1 games or another 2 8v8 games non DSD.

And i think im very short, there is more than 40 pro players, the other thing its if they want force other people to play what they want.

We are on a diplomacy culture not a dictatorship.
This has nothing to do with what I've been saying in this thread.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

A lot of bullshit above. As I said few pages back and carp confirmed: they went to LoL. Why did they go to LoL? Because BADSD20V20 sucks balls. Source? The good players.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

+1 to what Artturi said.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

klapmongool wrote:A lot of bullshit above. As I said few pages back and carp confirmed: they went to LoL. Why did they go to LoL? Because BADSD20V20 sucks balls. Source? The good players.
LoL sucks balls too
NeOmega

Post by NeOmega »

scout spam ruins everything.

All imaginations of how a game will end, or what you want to do "this game", gets ruined by scout spam.

The end game is boring, because it ends in a lag war.

And until there is some creativity and drastic changes to end the late game spam off, people will get bored/frustrated after 20 minutes.

And ZK is more popular because each game has meaning in a broader context.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

klapmongool wrote:
daftalx wrote:i guess some ppl grow old, get kids/serious, you know, the usual.
The good players didn't do that. A lot went to LoL.

I got kids...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

NOiZE wrote:I got kids...
Little Springlings in the making.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I like all the talk about who knew what good players and how most people include themself in the list. Me, I am probably average at best, I don't really believe that being "good" at BA makes you an authority on human nature, if anything it probably means you are a shut-in and thus a bad judge of human nature.

Of course my opinion is invalid because I am not good.

FWIW, you guys have killed any attempt at making BA anything more than a dull knuckledrag. You should thank your undescended testicles that you have someone like Beherith who DOES have the balls to try and improve the stagnant oxbow lake that you call BA. It took over a year for you guys to accept him and in the mean time the game has suffered greatly. Of course there are some that will blame him.

The key complaint I saw among ACTUAL good players, ones who do take it to the next level, like randy, is that there just wasn't enough competition, it was the same names over and over. The same faces. To be good you have to constantly challenge yourself or you will become just as stagnant as ba has been. That is to say, if you stay a big fish in a small pool. So they move on because they are too big for this stagnant little offshoot. All of what arturri said is true.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”