Decline in BA players - Page 8

Decline in BA players

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

tzaeru

Re: Decline in BA players

Post by tzaeru »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:All the complaints about social issues and community are null and void since they exist in any community.
I dont see how people are missing this when they start complaining about some trolling or people behaving badly.
They do exist in any community, but honestly - your argument has a bit of a fallacy. By same logic, we could go and venture to say that HIV isn't an issue since it exists in virtually any society. (even though in some societies there's one infected per every 200 000 people, and in others, one for every 5) Meaning that the fact there will always be people who misbehave, doesn't mean the amount of it couldn't be a problem. While you really can't compare BA to such huge games as LoL or CoD, I've generally had a lot more positive experiences with people in other free or small sized games.

But that aside, bashing new players for being - well - less skilled and experienced, is an issue for a game that is free and relatively small. Such games do not make people want to play them through because they already paid money for them, and such games will always have to excel in some aspect. Compared to modelling, programming, endless game testing, spending a moment to being nice is pretty easy and low on time. And IMHO, it's the minimum courtesy and respect one can on occasion have for a game they play for free. :wink:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote: This is not the reason why many experienced players left to play other games and its not the reason why BA is losing players.
I think the emphasis was on how it is the reason why people trying out BA aren't staying. Though admittedly there is also quite steep learning curve, but to my understanding finishing BAR and all the other surrouding projects alleviates this problem a great deal.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Beherith wrote:Of course, the previous 20(!) warnings seemed to have nothing to do with your ban.
seriously?
Woohoo2

Post by Woohoo2 »

Of course, the previous 20(!) warnings seemed to have nothing to do with your ban.
20? Would like to see them all becouse you make things up, also would like to see when was last one, lol.
I requested you to share your models for BAR, to which you responded: "i laughed at you when you asked for my models, lol."
No, when you asked for my models i responded nothing, then you asked again, and again i said nothing. I said that after you gave it one one of the reasons for ban. Stop making things up. To make it public, becouse of the reasons said in my previous posts, i find BA community deserves nothing. If someone else needs my models, then fine, but not BA. Also ffs, since when its my duty to share my work? WTF?
You have shown you have zero desire to contribute.
I did, long time ago, untill some point.
You belittled the efforts of others to help make BA more friendly to newbies. You have provided no solutions to that effect either, with your intentions clearly being purely inflammatory.
Go read again, becouse apparently you see what you want to see. And yes, i do enjoy flaming idiots who rage @ new players :)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Good thing you stooped to lying, destroying your last smidge of credibility:

I asked once. You never responded. After the ban you said "i laughed at you when you asked for my models, lol." Praise the lord for logs :regret:

To look at all your warnings, click your name and 'view user notes'. Your last warning was a year ago, but your behavior hasn't changed.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Locked.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”