New BAV(BA Version)

New BAV(BA Version)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Cheesecan

New BAV(BA Version)

Post by Cheesecan »

I had an idea for a BA spinoff. Basically special maps would have this circular disks on the map that you step on with your com once and choose via a lua menu from an array of special units and buildings that cannot be built unless you choose them(kind of like CS weapon selection). You could load/save a profile to avoid having to pick each time. You also get assigned a random new T3 super unit you can build maybe from a pool of half a dozen or so.

The idea is that this will be a bit different and attract new players who like the random element that makes the game outcome more unpredictable(and thus unfair to pros).

Not that I really have the time to make this though.
the above

Re: New BAV(BA Version)

Post by the above »

It reduces options in a single game while not really making the games overall learning curve smoother, not a fan of the idea.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Cheesecan wrote:I had an idea for a BA spinoff. Basically special maps would have this circular disks on the map that you step on with your com once and choose via a lua menu from an array of special units and buildings that cannot be built unless you choose them(kind of like CS weapon selection). You could load/save a profile to avoid having to pick each time. You also get assigned a random new T3 super unit you can build maybe from a pool of half a dozen or so.

The idea is that this will be a bit different and attract new players who like the random element that makes the game outcome more unpredictable(and thus unfair to pros).

Not that I really have the time to make this though.

This sounds like BA Deployment mutator but with extra deployment only units.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

In other words, Marine Arena in BA.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Not marine arena..it is regular BA but with random component.
knorke

Post by knorke »

seems like a lot of work (basically redoing zK's unlock thing) just for some funny (or not) modoption?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Hm yes maybe it's not that fun come to think of it..seemed much better when I thought of it in my sleep.

I have another non-BA game concept that is more interesting, that would be a proper game that takes much more work though. I used to be decent at Rhino3D but seems those modeling skills vanished. Must have replaced those neuron connections in my brain with programming..lol so I'd have to re-learn it and work hard for years on a project. My average attention span for a project so far has only been a few months. :wink: Of course no point posting about anything until it's done or at least well in progress, really, so this thread could be locked.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”