Balanced Annihilation V7.20 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation V7.20

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Aether_0001

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.20

Post by Aether_0001 »

Can't you use animated textures?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Pxtl wrote:
smoth wrote:could be easily done :\
This is *A development. "easy" here means "changing a line in a text file". Cracking open the actual 3DO model is a bit of a different story.
I forgot.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Dragon's Claw has a bug (from my point) in its fbi file:

Code: Select all

maxWaterDepth=0;
movementClass=VKBOT5;
It is a building having movedef. VKBOT5 overwrites maxWaterDepth with 5000 actually making unit underwater capable. Being under water this unit can't shoot.
Rafal99

Post by Rafal99 »

TheFatController wrote:
Changelog 7.19 --> 7.20 wrote: - Fixed buggy targetting behaviour caused by (engine) BadTargetCategory issue, most noticable on Commander, Slasher, Samson,
May I ask what was the issue exactly?
What was wrong and how was that fixed?
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Rafal99 wrote:
TheFatController wrote:
Changelog 7.19 --> 7.20 wrote: - Fixed buggy targetting behaviour caused by (engine) BadTargetCategory issue, most noticable on Commander, Slasher, Samson,
May I ask what was the issue exactly?
What was wrong and how was that fixed?
Try with BA 7.19, two ways to recreate this:

1) If you /give 1 corfus and /give 1 armsam, then give the fusion to the enemy team the samson will start shooting it, but if you give the samson a move order it wont shoot the fusion anymore while moving (sometimes spamming stop and move will let it shoot), removing the BadTargetCategory fixed this.

2) If you /give 1 corfus next to your commander then give it to enemy, commander will start shooting it with its laser, but if you dgun the ground nearby it wont resume shooting at the fusion with its laser even if you move around (stop command resumes firing), removing the BadTargetCategory fixed this.

Both these units had BadTargetCategory1=NOTAIR with the intention that they'd give preferable targeting to air units with these weapons but it caused buggy behaviour with stuff marked NOTAIR.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i dont remember, stockpiler widget got removed or its bug ? or it never got included by default? XD i noticed all nukes and anti are empty, need to make rockets myself :/
albator

Post by albator »

Niobium wrote:
albator wrote:You cannot do that with bomber since AoE is not high enough.
If you know where the commander is, you can kill it with 2 hurricanes. With 5 and a line attack you seriously cannot miss. Also add in the fact your bombers can dodge to avoid AA, have more HP, and if you fail to kill the com they completely destroy all units around it, among other benefits.
From my experience, the really early bomb dropping from t2 bomber plus the fact making an attack line take a few 10th more than making a simple force fire make all the difference between being able to dodge air stike or not.

If com revearse direction the moment you drop your bomb, It can avoid bomb drop much more easier.

2 hurricanes use to kill a com if it is not moving : true : with bomber nerf it is not the case anymore

5 bombers used to kill a moving com if bomber can target it: I agree thjat was just enough. If they cannot: it is a whole other story and that is all the point
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

small question, whats the difference in real build time between core/arm mex ? i think difference is 74. is that much ? is that even more than 1 sec difference for kbot con ?

also, camera still got no range :(
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

i want liche making com bounce;( it was one of a realy funny actions. Liche was designed to kill a com - maybe just increase its cost.....
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

btw bombers always was cheaper way to kill a com.... dunno why liche got nerfed realy.
Gota

Post by Gota »

It was not designed to kill a com its just abomber with impulse that proved to be very effective versus a commander(vs noobs that cant make a jammer).
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i smell bugs. enough to say corvs can shoot subs... drones emp subs. torps miss subs. com fly high high in the air now after getting hit by nuke. in one game it flew half the map and killed t2 ships x)
albator

Post by albator »

obvious here : all sub unit are attacked by any kind of unit

http://replays.adune.nl/?3015
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Wombat wrote:i smell bugs. enough to say corvs can shoot subs... drones emp subs. torps miss subs. com fly high high in the air now after getting hit by nuke. in one game it flew half the map and killed t2 ships x)
Old spring added 10 to sub depth, this arbitrary adjustment was removed in latest spring so as a result all subs now float 10 higher than they used to. For particular subs this makes them stick out above the water which allows them to be targeted.

Also; It would be nice if subs were changed to use a submarine moveType, which allows them to float under boats/floaters etc, it looks weird that they can't.
albator

Post by albator »

Link is dead, any alternative download ?
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Wombat wrote:com fly high high in the air now after getting hit by nuke. in one game it flew half the map and killed t2 ships x)
Only core nuke does this, I think. I tried it in-game and arm nuke didn't bump units around.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

ye it was core, arm doesnt kill com with direct hit :/
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Aether_0001 wrote:Only core nuke does this, I think. I tried it in-game and arm nuke didn't bump units around.
Nothing was changed with arm or core nukes, they bump units and deal damage as they always have.
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

well then it was probably a change with the commanders, because they DO get bumped around from core nuke hits
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Why are newest BA packages in .sdz format instead of .sd7? i tested and .sd7 makes 3megs smaller pack.

if you cannot 7zip without solid archive type anymore, download 7zip 4.42, it has the option to disable solid archive type, i heard newest versions doesnt have it :shock:

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”