Balanced Annihilation V7.20 - Page 2

Balanced Annihilation V7.20

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Aether_0001

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.20

Post by Aether_0001 »

Doomsday animation appears to be buggy for me - when I open it the doomsday turrets inside don't completely emerge, and the lasers are inside panels and shoot through stuff... overall the doomsday is too short when it's open as well
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

You should definitely consider the change I suggested: Reduce vehicle and kbot T1 lab buildtime by 15% to actually make it a reasonable strat to build a lab on the frontline or even on the enemy side of the map if youre really pro!
Aero

Post by Aero »

I also want to note that the console no longer displays any different text color for ally chat, spec chat, username, or normal chat. This makes reading the chat and using the console more difficult because everything is grey. I tried multiple UIs, and the result is the same. Is this a bug on my end or did someone mess with the Luaui?
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

Aero, updated to latest spring release.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Sucky_Lord wrote:You should definitely consider the change I suggested: Reduce vehicle and kbot T1 lab buildtime by 15% to actually make it a reasonable strat to build a lab on the frontline or even on the enemy side of the map if youre really pro!
4 less seconds of building makes the difference between reasonable and unreasonable, really? It doesn't really do much anything to nothing but messing starting bo's a bit.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Johannes wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:You should definitely consider the change I suggested: Reduce vehicle and kbot T1 lab buildtime by 15% to actually make it a reasonable strat to build a lab on the frontline or even on the enemy side of the map if youre really pro!
4 less seconds of building makes the difference between reasonable and unreasonable, really? It doesn't really do much anything to nothing but messing starting bo's a bit.
Any more than 4 seconds and it starts to unbalance it in other ways like no-mex starts would suddenly become a bit OP. I think 15% is the right balance there, but if anyone has any better suggestions then fire away. I'd just like to see something like this implemented because atm the base setout is getting very samey..
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote:I'd just like to see something like this implemented because atm the base setout is getting very samey..
You could always try building a different base :wink:
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Fix pelican maxslope please! :D And make its laser slightly more powerful or make it more spammable.

Did I mention doomsday animation was bugged?
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Jazcash wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:I'd just like to see something like this implemented because atm the base setout is getting very samey..
You could always try building a different base :wink:
But how? Its always like 4/3 solar or 8/6 winds and a veh lab or kbot lab. Occasionally if i'm feeling particularly audacious i throw in an E store, but thats only on bank holidays and christmas.
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

No, you can lead kbot lab and make fleas and hope to kill your opponent that way. Or start air mebbe
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

TheFatController wrote:Yeah I'm gonna revert the Liche change, was already speaking with some people in lobby about it.

The reasoning was that the mechanic it uses to kill a com in one hit was a bug (the coms mass = falling 1 ft = death) so I reasoned that it had to be fixed but in hindsight no it doesn't.
Yeah, unintended behaviour/"bugs" like this should only be changed if it clearly makes the game worse.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

about liche, imo its not good that 2,5k unit can insta kill com. This is very notable in ffa where we play comm ends.

So was this comm bounce damage a bug and will be resolved?

Other changes seem good so far ;)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Apparently Boxing Day sales came late for BA, but they're here now! New low, low energy prices for cloaking and units everyone! Buy now and save!
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Every issue that I've discovered was mentioned. However spinning tops of MMs are not so good. I would prefer classic OTA red/yellow light :(
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Yuri wrote:I would prefer classic OTA red/yellow light :(
I KNOWW ME TOO. Also with annihilator, energy storages, etc.
smoth

Post by smoth »

could be easily done :\
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

someone do it then.
smoth

Post by smoth »

heres how: alternate red model for off state.

show/hide based on on off status.
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Huh? Why is krog head laser orange?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

smoth wrote:could be easily done :\
This is *A development. "easy" here means "changing a line in a text file". Cracking open the actual 3DO model is a bit of a different story.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”