BA 7.76 Released!

BA 7.76 Released!

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Silentwings

BA 7.76 Released!

Post by Silentwings »

Changelog for 7.75 -> 7.76

> Try to intelligently choose startpos for players/AIs who didn't place themselves (modoption, default on)
> Nicer visuals for CustomFormations2 (thanks PixelOfDeath)
> Added "Set Target" command: 'Sets a top priority attack target, to be used if within range (not removed by move commands)' with keybind to y, cancel target bind to j (http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30486)
> Made AdvPlayerList more compact
> Fixed incorrect faction showing in AdvPlayerList after choosing faction in-game
> Fixed lua error on com explosion
> Removed IdleBuildersNew
> AdvUnitMarker now only marks nukes/antinukes/tacnuke/empsilos/buzz/vulc
> Specific unit reclaimer won't act unless alt is pressed
> Maverick learns exp a bit quicker than other units
> Commando becomes amphib, build range increased ->310, health increased ->1400
> Mercury/Screamer gets its uber long range back, can stockpile up to 5 missiles
> Fixed gimp not firing in shallow water
> Croc e cost increased ->8500
> Juno missile leaves behind 30 seconds area denial for ground scouts within 450 radius
> Transport helper ai won't try to transport scouts

~ Bluestone, Nixtux, BrainDamage, DeadNightWarrior

Thank you to the testers!

Download Here
http://springfiles.com/spring/games/bal ... ilation-39

jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: BA 7.76 Released!

Post by jamerlan »

GREAT JOB!! BTW, are there new screenshots from Floris?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Basically all the current loadscreens are by Floris and yes, the pictures on the BA threads are those, and yes they are fantastic :p but no new ones in this release. & thank you!
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Juno change seems odd. It would be more useful to extend its radar / jammer denial capabilities. Maybe have it deny all radar indiscriminately in an area for 30 seconds + paralyze all radars and jammers in an area for 30 seconds?
albator

Post by albator »

Some remarks about the widgets:

The icon of ground AA used to be different than other defense. I think that should be reverted back to see where you need to place your ground AA (and also see enemies' one more easily)

About custom formation: if you select mobile AND fix unit, you get a number of point that depend on the total of the unit and not on the number of unit you can actually move: it make sense only the moving unit must be taken into account.
Also it will be nice to draw both the point (or circle) but also to keep a small line (like before): sometimes you lose the continuity of what you draw of there are tremendous amount of stuff on the screen, like a lot of unit.

Also, I still think bantha need a nerf, something like an increase overall cost of 20% or a decrease speed of 20%
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

The icon of ground AA used to be different than other defense.
The reason this happened before was because there were bugs in the way icons displayed (and those bugs are fixed in 7.76). I agree that it's useful for ground AA to have it's own icon and I'll make one for the next release.
About custom formation...

Hmm... I think the mod can't test easily which units can be moved and which can't. I can certainly exclude immobile stuff but can't check easily if a mobile unit is stuck or unable to reach destination (e.g. if you are asking a tank into water)

The line as well as circles sounds useful to me - it seems like it should be easy to implement but I know the old line drew in slightly the wrong place, so I'll see...
PixelOfDeath

Post by PixelOfDeath »

There is a crash bug in the customformations2 script.
Please include fixed Version in next release:

http://springfiles.com/spring/lua-scrip ... ons2v43lua
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Yes its an odd bug that. Thanks for fixing your code + fading circles :)

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”